Marcelo Claure, Town Hall Meetings, New Family Share Pack Plan, Unlimited Individual Plan, Discussion Thread

joshuam

That is soon to be the norm [emoji846].
O how I would love to have such greatness. It will never happen though. I cry everytim
I didn't know the S10 could do 3x41 with B25

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

It'll be only 2+25+25+4+71 for a grand total of 30MHz on the downlink. T-Mo band 2 is only 5x5 (as of right now). Sprint has 2 5x5 b25 carriers. T-Mo band 4 is only 5x5. Band 71 is only 10x10. 
What makes you think that? Sprint has 15x15 A block

Sprint has to run CDMA on A block. Don't they have to keep the CDMA network up as part of the 3 year rule?

I think that's 1x800. Even if they do trim CDMA down to the last 5x5. Sprint should have 10x10 by now there anyway but they don't

Well then I go from 30MHz on the downlink to 35MHz on the downlink. Still doesn't compare to the 65MHz on downlink I would have with 25+41+41+41

Yeah I could see TMobile doing 25+66+41+41+41 if B41 stays on LTE

Problem is Sprint doesn't own b41 here. Hence why I said it'll never happen and I will be forever sad. 
Yeah hope they can buy it sometime or get something need it for 5G

1 hour ago, Brad The Beast said:

O how I would love to have such greatness. It will never happen though. I cry everytim

What do you mean? It's being deployed as we speak.

Sprint just surpassed TMobile and Verizon in average speeds according to ookla. Deployment is still going strong.

You beat me to it. It’s great to see that but it also shows the untapped potential Sprint has always had. Next step is them maintaining that second place spot and slowly increasing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 6

2 hours ago, nexgencpu said:

What do you mean? It's being deployed as we speak.

Sprint just surpassed TMobile and Verizon in average speeds according to ookla. Deployment is still going strong.

Sprint doesn't own any band 41 licenses in my area. That's what I mean.

2 hours ago, nexgencpu said:

Saw that. Based on Sprint's performance in San Diego the last time I was there I can believe that. Detroit has always been trash and I'm heading out there at the end of the month. Wonder how much it's improved? I wonder how much of that score increase can be attributed to 25+41 aggregation finally being enabled? From the article:

Both download and upload speeds are involved, and 90% of Ookla’s final speed score is attributed on download speed, with the remaining 10% attributed to upload.

Here’s how 5G is progressing in NYC:
https://www.pcmag.com/news/371299/exclusive-mapping-sprint-vs-verizon-5g-coverage-in-nyc
Spectrum characteristics aside, could Sprint’s lower 5G speeds be due to insufficient backhaul?
That or that vzw is using over 100 mhz of spectrum and Sprint is not

• Like 1

Here’s how 5G is progressing in NYC:

https://www.pcmag.com/news/371299/exclusive-mapping-sprint-vs-verizon-5g-coverage-in-nyc

Spectrum characteristics aside, could Sprint’s lower 5G speeds be due to insufficient backhaul?

It's the backhaul. Sprint has been half assing it the whole time

Sent from my SM-G977P using Tapatalk

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Terrell352 said:

Here in STL. I found one tower that gave me 414mb down. I haven't ran test as much as I should but that is cause I'm driving and that one time I wasn't driving.

4 hours ago, Terrell352 said:

Sprint needs to spend more on backhaul and less on kombucha: https://www.kansascity.com/news/business/article235439977.html (See the Video)

Yes the employees need morale boosters right now to prevent a talent drain. For what it’s worth from me, the best morale booster is a better product, not kombucha.

Edited by RedSpark
See the Video
  • Like 1

Here in STL. I found one tower that gave me 414mb down. I haven't ran test as much as I should but that is cause I'm driving and that one time I wasn't driving.
414 is not even close to what 3 carriers can do

12 minutes ago, Terrell352 said:

414 is not even close to what 3 carriers can do

Fastest Ive seen here in NYC. I think more software optimization needs to take place especially from a 4G+5G ENDC since there is only 40Mhz worth of 5G spectrum on air here in NYC. 

EDAgfJ5W4AAHTn_?format=png&name=360x360

• Like 3