Marcelo Claure, Town Hall Meetings, New Family Share Pack Plan, Unlimited Individual Plan, Discussion Thread

joshuam

9 minutes ago, dro1984 said:

Sprint has been very strange this way in the last earnings call also!   Don't know why they are doing this... there are no secrets to any of this.       This is the type of "don't tell the consumer or the investment house anything" type of management that it has become to be.   Won't miss any of it and will be glad when those people running the show are gone.     I was at least hoping to hear an update on the ongoing negotiations with the Suing attorney general's offices.    I heard from 14 they are down to 9 that are still suing ... so that is progress.     Mum's the word from Sprint... thanks Sprint.    (not)

I guess they don’t want to be in the position of having to answer questions they don’t want to answer during the call. Could result in some awkward silences.

This move is coming straight from legal if you ask me.

It could also be because their financials and customer additions are going to stink!    I'm sure there will be very little on the business side to brag about.      A little 5G deployment talk... and some other odd and ends.   Kinda like putting perfume on the pig IMO.  Talk highly of the positive and brush the rest under the balled up rug.      Better they don't I guess.... just release the financials and run away.    

Edited by dro1984

...and when that day comes, we shall rejoice and say, "Dan is back!"....  (bah do bah ding....)   M&M's "Shady's Back" song playing in the backround....  
Yea so let's see what happens [emoji1787][emoji23]

Sent from my Phone 2 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

8 hours ago, RedSpark said:

Sprint Corporation Schedules Fiscal 2019 First Quarter Results Announcement

Set for August 2nd at 8am. Looks like it will only be an Earnings release with a message from management. There won’t actually be an Earnings Call. Strange. 

It really isn't strange at all given recent developments.

• Like 4

8 hours ago, Mr.Nuke said:

No... it's strange.     Not that it's a prime example and let's hope it doesn't repeat... but when Sprint merged / bought Nextel, they both still had their earnings calls right after.   They both went into detail about the merger and surrounding information and plans.    It was interesting because they were detailed (from both sides) and provided information from each company.         

It's not going to be a good earnings release for Sprint.... we all know that.     

Edited by dro1984

14 hours ago, dro1984 said:

I was at least hoping to hear an update on the ongoing negotiations with the Suing attorney general's offices.    I heard from 14 they are down to 9 that are still suing ... so that is progress.     

Where'd you hear that from?

10 hours ago, Mr.Nuke said:

I find it strange.

Sprint shareholders should hear management’s responses to the questions posed by the analysts during an Earnings Call.

Ported my unlocked S9+ to Sprint tonight from Verizon. VoLTE (LTE Calling) seems to be working good here so far. I left back before any of the T-Mo network roaming started last year so it'll be interesting to see how well that works around here. Definitely seems better than when I left based on what I've seen so far.

lhh0Twv.jpg

fXWO75Q.jpg

• Like 7

Ported my unlocked S9+ to Sprint tonight from Verizon. VoLTE (LTE Calling) seems to be working good here so far. I left back before any of the T-Mo network roaming started last year so it'll be interesting to see how well that works around here. Definitely seems better than when I left based on what I've seen so far.
lhh0Twv.jpg
fXWO75Q.jpg
VOLTE is working on the S9+? I left Sprint over that

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

57 minutes ago, Tengen31 said:

VOLTE is working on the S9+? I left Sprint over that

I'm not sure if its 100% true VoLTE or not, but here is what I see looking through my phone. I turned on the LTE calling option under Settings -> Connections -> Voice Menu

o9IrYTI.jpg

From the Radio Info menu:

klrMxKI.jpg

During a call: 

eGN3JKD.jpg

Comparison to my AT&T phone on VoLTE call:

nhrS3f4.jpg

I'm not sure if its 100% true VoLTE or not, but here is what I see looking through my phone. I turned on the LTE calling option under Settings -> Connections -> Voice Menu
o9IrYTI.jpg
From the Radio Info menu:
klrMxKI.jpg
During a call: 
eGN3JKD.jpg
Comparison to my AT&T phone on VoLTE call:
nhrS3f4.jpg
Yeah that's calling plus. I never had that option. Is that a att model or the factory unlocked model?

2 minutes ago, Tengen31 said:

Yeah that's calling plus. I never had that option. Is that a att model or the factory unlocked model?

Factory unlocked. 

31 minutes ago, Tengen31 said:

And you are able to get 5Ge and VOLTE on att with it?

I have 2 S9+s. One is AT&T model and still locked to their network,  that's my primary line and phone. The unlocked one is my second phone that I move around. Its actually an old work number they let me transfer to a personal account when I got promoted to management and got rid of my company owned phone. A lot of my work contacts still call me on that number since I had it for years. I travel a lot for my job and like having two phones on different networks.

• Like 3

FYI, looks like 5G is unofficially live on a ton of sites in NYC.

Connected from 41st to 47th St 51st to 80th St and from upper east side into the Bronx (with some LTE to 5G and vice versa swapping in btwn) handoff between LTE n 5G is ultra smooth with zero interuptions ( in a moving car while on a video call all the way through)

Speeds hovered between 90mbs and 480mbs (uploads btwn 4mb and 30mb)

Happy to finally take advantage of my V50, and glad that the TMobile deal didn't change the current 5G deployment here in NYC at least for now.

• Like 7

3 hours ago, nexgencpu said:

FYI, looks like 5G is unofficially live on a ton of sites in NYC.

Connected from 41st to 47th St 51st to 80th St and from upper east side into the Bronx (with some LTE to 5G and vice versa swapping in btwn) handoff between LTE n 5G is ultra smooth with zero interuptions ( in a moving car while on a video call all the way through)

Speeds hovered between 90mbs and 480mbs (uploads btwn 4mb and 30mb)

Happy to finally take advantage of my V50, and glad that the TMobile deal didn't change the current 5G deployment here in NYC at least for now.

Same here in the DC market, smooth handoffs

• Like 3

Fiscal 2019 First Quarter Earnings are out...

with a “Message from Management”.

The company had 175,000 net losses in the current quarter compared with 57,000 net additions in the year-ago period and 8,000 net losses in the prior quarter.

Sprint ended the quarter with 54.3 million connections, including 33.1 million postpaid, 8.6 million prepaid, and 12.6 million wholesale and affiliate connections.

175k net losses... ugh.

At least there are ~3,000 MIMO units on air now, but this gives you a sense of the pace of Sprint’s 5G deployment....

“Better than expected”? Not the best take... 😕

• Like 3

Fiscal 2019 First Quarter Earnings are out...
with a “Message from Management”.
The company had 175,000 net losses in the current quarter compared with 57,000 net additions in the year-ago period and 8,000 net losses in the prior quarter.
Sprint ended the quarter with 54.3 million connections, including 33.1 million postpaid, 8.6 million prepaid, and 12.6 million wholesale and affiliate connections.
175k net losses... ugh.
At least there are ~3,000 MIMO units on air now, but this gives you a sense of the pace of Sprint’s 5G deployment....
“Better than expected”? Not the best take... [emoji53]
They didnt mention how many towers have 2.5ghz on them. Last we checked it was 80%. I was hoping it is 85% by now.

Sent from my SM-G977P using Tapatalk

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Terrell352 said:

They didnt mention how many towers have 2.5ghz on them. Last we checked it was 80%. I was hoping it is 85% by now.

Sent from my SM-G977P using Tapatalk

Since they didn’t report it, I have a feeling not much progess was made on that.

Unless I missed it, they also didn’t say how many customers are still on Subsidized Plans.

As there’s no actual Earnings Call, these questions aren’t able to be asked of management.

Perhaps Saw would respond to a tweet question?... Unless legal tells him not to.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, RedSpark said:

How do you do fellow kids?

Maybe it’s just me, but this isn’t how a CEO should appear going into an employee town hall meeting on the heel of 175,000 net losses.

Honk Honk, welcome to clown world.

🤡🌎

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, RedSpark said:

How do you do fellow kids?

Maybe it’s just me, but this isn’t how a CEO should appear going into an employee town hall meeting on the heel of 175,000 net losses.

1.2B in Capex spent isn't the sign of a company that is completely defeated...

For comparison "T-Mobile spent $1.8 billion on cash capex, excluding capitalized interest, compared to $1.3 billion in the first quarter of 2018 and $1.1 billion in the fourth quarter of 2018."

If you truly look deep into the numbers, Sprint really didn't do that badly at all. Especially considering they have rangled in most of those super discount heavy promotions. In fact, most wallstreet analyst had them pegged worse than they did. Even ARPU is slightly up Y over Y.

At the end of the day, Its really about looking doom and gloom to finally get that merger approved, that is Masa's number one priority. 

• Like 3

1.2B in Capex spent isn't the sign of a company that is completely defeated...
For comparison "T-Mobile spent $1.8 billion on cash capex, excluding capitalized interest, compared to $1.3 billion in the first quarter of 2018 and $1.1 billion in the fourth quarter of 2018."
If you truly look deep into the numbers, Sprint really didn't do that badly at all. Especially considering they have rangled in most of those super discount heavy promotions. In fact, most wallstreet analyst had them pegged worse than they did. Even ARPU is slightly up Y over Y.
At the end of the day, Its really about looking doom and gloom to finally get that merger approved, that is Masa's number one priority. 

That is true, but there is still 0 ROI on any of it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, belusnecropolis said:

Honk Honk, welcome to clown world.

🤡🌎

Yeah, this is not a good look, capex surge or not. The capex hasn’t made a difference yet.

The fact that people aren’t staying with Sprint without promotions means that Sprint’s underlying value proposition isn’t working, and that’s because it’s not perceived as a product that people are willing to pay more for, as is the case with Verizon (if their marketing and network awards are taken at face value) when the promos run out.

When you do the math on 175k net losses, that’s almost 2,000 lines lost per day for the quarter! That’s not a sustainable trend line.