Marcelo Claure, Town Hall Meetings, New Family Share Pack Plan, Unlimited Individual Plan, Discussion Thread

joshuam

12 minutes ago, nexgencpu said:

Current SA NR uploads look very promising so far. Do you think NR+LTE UL ENDC would help improve at the edge signal in a meaningful way?

It will most likely aid speeds but I'm not sure how much. At the edge of cell, L2500 almost never gets more than a megabit on the upload in my experience. 

NR2500 range will likely be slightly greater than L2500. This is because it is significantly easier to take advantage of higher order MIMO in NR environments and because the greater uplink capacity/speeds will allow them to reduce the Qrxlevmin on NR2500 to below that of LTE2500. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, nexgencpu said:

Current SA NR uploads look very promising so far. Do you think NR+LTE UL ENDC would help improve at the edge signal in a meaningful way?

Something else to note is that in NR TDD config 2, all 13 timeslots are flexible.

This means cell sites will be able to assign any and all of the timeslots to either download or upload on the fly. This will do wonders for Sprint's speeds when they count. Imagine running a speedtest on an unloaded sector where you used the entire 60 MHz carrier to download and then the entire 60 MHz carrier to upload. That would be fast

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, RAvirani said:

Something else to note is that in NR TDD config 2, all 13 timeslots are flexible.

This means cell sites will be able to assign any and all of the timeslots to either download or upload on the fly. This will do wonders for Sprint's speeds when they count. Imagine running a speedtest on an unloaded sector where you used the entire 60 MHz carrier to download and then the entire 60 MHz carrier to upload. That would be fast

Didn't know it was dynamic, that alone justifies moving all spectrum to NR as soon as possible.

Didn't know it was dynamic, that alone justifies moving all spectrum to NR as soon as possible.

Will dynamic allow them to move pcs to LTE and maintain CDMA?

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

21 hours ago, nexgencpu said:

What market?

Update* Never mind, just saw the GPS location on the ookla app.

I have started a sprint 5G rollout thread. 

Also I’m satisfied with my iPhone 6s.

DE0F063D-678B-453A-B3B4-62B6EE7B7EEA.png

4 hours ago, nexgencpu said:

Some Sprint 5G testing in Chicago..

Would the speeds increase if additional backhaul was deployed to these 5G sites, or is this the real-world threshold of Sprint’s 2.5 Spectrum?

Would the speeds increase if additional backhaul was deployed to these 5G sites, or is this the real-world threshold of Sprint’s 2.5 Spectrum?
Not even close. Sprint lowballed backhaul big time.

Sent from my SM-G977P using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I heard SoftBank says 32 GPS on 5G when all their 2.5 spectrum is used.

• Like 1

It can get faster, in Dallas and in Chicago peak speed of 800mbps were seen, but my concern is why are peaks speed being mentioned? Nobody is on the 5G network other than testers and maybe a very small % of sprint user. So, peak speeds should be hit on average. I really wanna see the % of market share sprint has on the 5G network and then see how it performs with actually load on the network

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

USA Mobile Network Experience Report (July 2019)
https://www.opensignal.com/reports/2019/07/usa/mobile-network-experience
Here’s where Sprint stands. Lots of work to do... although Sprint was only .1 behind AT&T in 4G availability percentage.
That's likely because att still has a HSPA+ footprint will no LTE but B14 which is only LTE will change that as that gets rolled out

I was in Atlanta and Sprints 5G coverage was impressive but most of the time it felt like LTE speeds with a 5G icon. Kinda of like AT&T's 5GE. When band b41 LTE didnt work good then neither did N41. The highest speed I managed was around 450 which is great but it was not common. Also the fact that it was using LTE at the same time makes it even more obvious that Sprint is not putting the backhaul as a high priority. I went inside the Atlanta aquarium and had full bars of 5G but speeds at best was around 15mbps. Meanwhile Verizons LTE was doing around 75mbps and 40-60 upload too. 

All and all I gotta say I was left fairly disappointed and now see why Sprint needs T-mobile.82a9541d24835e4d44b5bf9f77455c13.jpg

099f5a932d4eb2dc639cfda8bbd9c8e3.jpg

23ecebf326b763c83fab9ab62dc3e720.jpg

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Terrell352 said:

Not even close. Sprint lowballed backhaul big time.

Did Sprint actually add any backhaul for these Massive MIMO sites for 5G or was it merely an equipment swap?

What would Sprint have to do to provision additional backhaul to these 5G sites? Would it have to run/light up additional fiber or is it a matter of just paying more money on the existing lines for additional backhaul capacity?

How much backhaul is Sprint actually running and how much does it cost? How much more would it cost to bring Sprint’s backhaul up to competitive parity with the backhaul of the other carriers?

It seems to me based on what you’re saying that Millimeter Wave as used/deployed by the other carriers is not only faster because of its inherent spectrum properties, but also because there’s more backhaul capacity running to those sites than Sprint utilizes.

I was in Atlanta and Sprints 5G coverage was impressive but most of the time it felt like LTE speeds with a 5G icon. Kinda of like AT&T's 5GE. When band b41 LTE didnt work good then neither did N41. The highest speed I managed was around 450 which is great but it was not common. Also the fact that it was using LTE at the same time makes it even more obvious that Sprint is not putting the backhaul as a high priority. I went inside the Atlanta aquarium and had full bars of 5G but speeds at best was around 15mbps. Meanwhile Verizons LTE was doing around 75mbps and 40-60 upload too. 
All and all I gotta say I was left fairly disappointed and now see why Sprint needs T-mobile.82a9541d24835e4d44b5bf9f77455c13.jpg

099f5a932d4eb2dc639cfda8bbd9c8e3.jpg
Only one 20 mhz carrier??

Did Sprint actually add any backhaul for these Massive MIMO sites for 5G or was it merely an equipment swap?
What would Sprint have to do to provision additional backhaul to these 5G sites? Would it have to run/light up additional fiber or is it a matter of just paying more money on the existing lines for additional backhaul capacity?
How much backhaul is Sprint actually running and how much does it cost? How much more would it cost to bring Sprint’s backhaul up to competitive parity with the backhaul of the other carriers?
It seems to me based on what you’re saying that Millimeter Wave as used/deployed by the other carriers is not only faster because of its inherent spectrum properties, but also because there’s more backhaul capacity running to those sites than Sprint utilizes.
It's odd. Atlanta is a huge cox market which Sprint got a great deal with backhaul and small cells which was apart of their agreement. Small cells were fast but b25xca 5mhz each and b26 was terrible. The need more pcs, more lowband, better backhaul, better uploads and deep indoor reliability is horrible.

• Like 1

Look again. Added a new pic. 40mhz lte. NR doesnt tell its spectrum.

No contiguous spectrum to make it one 40 mhz carrier?

9 minutes ago, Terrell352 said:

It's odd. Atlanta is a huge cox market which Sprint got a great deal with backhaul and small cells which was apart of their agreement. Small cells were fast but b25xca 5mhz each and b26 was terrible. The need more pcs, more lowband, better backhaul, better uploads and deep indoor reliability is horrible.

That’s certainly peculiar given that. Perhaps they’re limiting the costs associated with the 5G deployment, such as limiting backhaul costs, until the merger goes either way?

I’d love to see a backhaul deal with RCN in the DC/MD/VA Market area: https://www.rcn.com/hub/about-rcn/where-we-service/dc-metro-service-areas/

That’s certainly peculiar given that. Perhaps they’re limiting the costs associated with the 5G deployment, such as limiting backhaul costs, until the merger goes either way?

I’d love to see a backhaul deal with RCN in the DC/MD/VA Market area: https://www.rcn.com/hub/about-rcn/where-we-service/dc-metro-service-areas/

Short term, 5G will perform from what we have been seen. Once more load is on the network how it performs than is anyone’s guess. With the merger pending, we won’t see any bigger moves on backhaul until the merger is sorted out. Backhaul will be a very expensive part of 5G very expensive

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, derrph said:

Rootmetrics 1H19 report has been released.

http://rootmetrics.com/en-US/content/review-of-the-us-mobile-landscape-US-1H-2019

An interesting note here in this slide which shows best and worst download speeds in some key markets (during peak congestion times).  Sprint was #1 in Seattle and Boston.  But even more noteworthy, Sprint is only last place in one market...Denver.  T-Mobile was often the slowest in this selection.  Even Verizon and AT&T all had at least one too.

large.downloadnational.jpg

• Like 7