Marcelo Claure, Town Hall Meetings, New Family Share Pack Plan, Unlimited Individual Plan, Discussion Thread

joshuam

39 minutes ago, Brad The Beast said:

VoLTE rollout has really picked up recently. They were also supposed to have 5G rolled out to their first 9 5G launch cities by tomorrow and it doesn't look like that's going to be the case.

I don't recall it saying "end of June" for the additional launch markets. Did you see this mentioned somewhere?

https://newsroom.sprint.com/sprint-lights-up-true-mobile-5g-in-atlanta-dallas-fort-worth-houston-and-kansas-city.htm (Posted: 5/30/2019)

OVERLAND PARK, Kan., May 30, 2019 /PRNewswire/ -- Today Sprint’s (NYSE: S) on-the-go customers are among the first in the world to experience the power and performance of true mobile 5G with the largest initial 5G coverage footprint in the U.S. The next generation of wireless service is now here, delivering blazing-fast download speeds in areas of Atlanta, Dallas-Fort Worth, Houston and Kansas City. In the coming weeks, Sprint also expects to launch service in areas of Chicago, Los Angeles, New York City, Phoenix and Washington, D.C., covering approximately 2,180 square miles and 11.5 million people total across all 9 market areas.

2 minutes ago, RedSpark said:

I don't recall it saying "end of June" for the additional launch markets. Did you see this mentioned somewhere?

They've been saying "Sprint is executing its award-winning 5G strategy with 2.5 GHz spectrum and Massive MIMO technology to launch its blazing-fast service beginning in nine top cities in the first half of 2019." for ages. First half of 2019 is just about over. 

Just now, Brad The Beast said:

Interesting. Yeah, I guess they'll miss that deadline then.

Just now, RedSpark said:

Interesting. Yeah, I guess they'll miss that deadline then.

I worry that they're going to lose all the good PR that they've been getting. It'll now become "Sprint said they would have nine cities up and running with 5G by the end of 1H 2019 and they've failed to do that". 

• Like 3

Didn't they say they would have 5G in 30 cities by the end of 2018 or some BS like that?

My apologies-

I was referring to TMO typically under promising and just delivering in what looks like abundance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well I suppose when you get loads of money you can do that. 

They did put that money to good use and it shows. Whatever they are doing to the network is keeping and adding customers. I just hate that Sprint couldn’t really get the slow and steady pace right.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, derrph said:

They did put that money to good use and it shows. Whatever they are doing to the network is keeping and adding customers. I just hate that Sprint couldn’t really get the slow and steady pace right.

It doesn't help that daddy SoftBank doesn't want to invest. 

• Like 2

Oh for sure. Sprint had all the makings to be a force. 5G is a prime example of that. As it currently stands, they have the most coverage. Son definitely had no plans to bring Sprint back from the dead.

• Like 3

On what?

Best modern example I suppose is buying 600mhz that many panned as meh and many here said Tmo wouldn’t get it operational soon and have issues with local tv stations. I’d say they rolled it pretty damn quick (not finished yet though).

• Like 2

Best modern example I suppose is buying 600mhz that many panned as meh and many here said Tmo wouldn’t get it operational soon and have issues with local tv stations. I’d say they rolled it pretty damn quick (not finished yet though).

I mean for a lot of urban areas it's still not going to be available til 2020-2021. Time sure did fly by though. We're past the halfway point of 2019 already!!!  

It feels like it was just yesterday when I first began looking at my local cell sites in 2012 waiting for NV to begin.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Brad The Beast said:

Well I suppose when you get loads of money you can do that. 

You can under promise and overdeliver with or without money. You just need to make the right promises. 

• Like 5

B46 is LAA unlicensed LTE on 5 GHz. I believe LTE-U is as well (Band 252? or around there). 
As far as I can see it's mostly 1 PCC of FDD type + multiple LAA carriers. 
The newest specs for it has 1 lowband PCC + 1 midband SCC + SCC LAA's.

There is no B66-2-46 standard config i can find  at glance but feel free to find it and let me know. 
Att 1d438e41aa1256b13713fc49ee128cb3.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

As I understand it, if Softbank wanted to put an extra 5 Billion Dollars in Sprint, they would also have to buy up the remaining shares of Sprint stock they did not already own.  How much would it actually cost to add/upgrade enough towers, add/upgrade backhaul, and acquire enough low band to have a network anywhere near the networks of the big two?

As I understand it, if Softbank wanted to put an extra 5 Billion Dollars in Sprint, they would also have to buy up the remaining shares of Sprint stock they did not already own.  How much would it actually cost to add/upgrade enough towers, add/upgrade backhaul, and acquire enough low band to have a network anywhere near the networks of the big two?
Is this just speculation or what?

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk