joshuam

Marcelo Claure, Town Hall Meetings, New Family Share Pack Plan, Unlimited Individual Plan, Discussion Thread

I'm getting this at work a lot on the G7

Capture+_2018-09-11-08-21-35.png

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kg4icg said:

I'm getting this at work a lot on the G7

Capture+_2018-09-11-08-21-35.png

Maybe I am stupid but what are we supposed to be looking for?

• Like 3

Maybe I am stupid but what are we supposed to be looking for?
No your not Stupid I don't have a clue either.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

At any given moment, how many sectors are you hooked up to on your cellphone? This pic is live data, what I'm currently hooked up to. It isn't a file of what I've connected to. It is what I'm connected to at any given moment on my G7. 

Capture+_2018-09-13-09-18-09.png

20 minutes ago, kg4icg said:

At any given moment, how many sectors are you hooked up to on your cellphone? This pic is live data, what I'm currently hooked up to. It isn't a file of what I've connected to. It is what I'm connected to at any given moment on my G7. 

Capture+_2018-09-13-09-18-09.png

Would be cool if it were B25+B26 in CA, but will be tough to verify on G7 considering LG engineering screens are borked.

But I do believe those are neighboring sites on the list.

• Like 1

Reason why I'm using the app network cell info, that is the raw data screen

M-MIMO is truly an awesome way to maximize spectral efficiency..

Using nearly 700mbs of backhaul to feed 16 simultaneous connections on only 20Mhz of B41 spectrum.

In the screen shots on the post you can make out that each of the 16 devices are averaging around 40mbs.

https://twitter.com/sawilkus/status/1040021167761842176

• Like 5

My predictions are Q2 next year ..
Once sprint gets massive mimo more widespread and 4x4 mimo more widespread.
Sprint should win both.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, tyroned3222 said:

Sprint should win both.

If they can keep investing this $6b per year yes. If they can win some speed studies it’ll definitely give them good attention and exposure. 

Total Equipment Protection (TEP) has been rebranded and updated as “Sprint Complete”: http://newsroom.sprint.com/sprint-complete-provides-worry-free-wireless-protection-with-enhanced-service-and-repair-and-personalized-on-demand-tech-support.htm

Some pretty substantial changes to the program.

If anyone is planning on switching to Sprint... Sprint is lowering their buyout program down to $450 starting on September 21st

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

9 hours ago, RedSpark said:

Total Equipment Protection (TEP) has been rebranded and updated as “Sprint Complete”: http://newsroom.sprint.com/sprint-complete-provides-worry-free-wireless-protection-with-enhanced-service-and-repair-and-personalized-on-demand-tech-support.htm

Substantial price hikes too. I got a mailer about this a couple months back and the price for my phone was going up a few dollars a month.  Have to remember to cancel before the new prices kick in. 

1 hour ago, marioc21 said:

Substantial price hikes too. I got a mailer about this a couple months back and the price for my phone was going up a few dollars a month.  Have to remember to cancel before the new prices kick in. 

The $29 screen replacement is a big perk. My girl has a pixel 2xl with a cracked lcd, they are charging 190 to replace it. Grrr

• Sad 1

13 hours ago, RedSpark said:

Already paying $26 a month for two S9+'s, it will probably be cheaper to repair the phones myself if prices go up. Used to be $9 or $10 a month, even AT&T for the same plan is like $8 per line for the same coverage. If prices keep going up it will be cheaper to go back to AT&T.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, BlueAngel said:

Already paying $26 a month for two S9+'s, it will probably be cheaper to repair the phones myself if prices go up. Used to be $9 or $10 a month, even AT&T for the same plan is like $8 per line for the same coverage. If prices keep going up it will be cheaper to go back to AT&T.

Does ATT replace screens under the normal protection and with no deductible? if so that's pretty great. Because repairing AMOLED screens on a high end device  is pretty expensive, far outstripping the cost of the actual monthly charge. 

Also, my personal trick is to keep some sort of protection for the first six months after purchasing the device while the cost is pretty high. After six months the price for repair is no longer as expensive.

On 9/13/2018 at 9:30 PM, tyroned3222 said:

Sprint should win both.

The competition never stands still.  Sprint and many other companies are generally working against old data about their competitors rather than projecting where they will be at a future point in time (at least in their public statements).

10 hours ago, nexgencpu said:

Does ATT replace screens under the normal protection and with no deductible? if so that's pretty great. Because repairing AMOLED screens on a high end device  is pretty expensive, far outstripping the cost of the actual monthly charge. 

Also, my personal trick is to keep some sort of protection for the first six months after purchasing the device while the cost is pretty high. After six months the price for repair is no longer as expensive.

Looks like AT&T is a $49 deductable, in the long run it's a better deal.

Edited by BlueAngel

The Sprint Unlimited Premium plan says Full HD streaming but from my findings its uncapped. I was surprised to see the network automatically pushing me to 1440p 60fps when it can. 59a30eca19a53e171c28e906d974c816.jpg

• Like 4

2 hours ago, BlueAngel said:

Looks like AT&T is a $49 deductable, in the long run it's a better deal.

If it's only $8 bucks month, then yes it's a better deal.

33 minutes ago, Terrell352 said:

The Sprint Unlimited Premium plan says Full HD streaming but from my findings its uncapped. I was surprised to see the network automatically pushing me to 1440p 60fps when it can. 59a30eca19a53e171c28e906d974c816.jpg

What is the cap on the audio? I noticed that by buddy has one of the freedom plans and his audio does skip on occasion in places where congestion or his phone drops to B26 is probably a problem.

What is the cap on the audio? I noticed that by buddy has one of the freedom plans and his audio does skip on occasion in places where congestion or his phone drops to B26 is probably a problem.
If you look at the fine Sprint of the Premium plan Sprint says nothing about any type of throttling expect the 50gb hotspot to 3G after it is used.

The Unlimited Basic
480p video streaming
500kbps music
2mbps gaming

Unlimited Plus
1080p streaming
1.5mbps music
8mbps gaming

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Terrell352 said:

The Sprint Unlimited Premium plan says Full HD streaming but from my findings its uncapped. I was surprised to see the network automatically pushing me to 1440p 60fps when it can.

I think they meant uncapped when they said Full HD because the Unlimited Plus plan caps you at around 12Mbps and 1080p.

• Like 3

I think they meant uncapped when they said Full HD because the Unlimited Plus plan caps you at around 12Mbps and 1080p.
I was thinking the same thing. Maybe a typo or they dont want to say 4K to invite abusers

• Like 2

So according to Sprint care (who knows how accurate this is lol).. Sprint will give it a shot on a nationwide volte launch middle of next year

• Like 3