Jump to content
joshuam

Marcelo Claure, Town Hall Meetings, New Family Share Pack Plan, Unlimited Individual Plan, Discussion Thread

Recommended Posts

I'm getting this at work a lot on the G7

Capture+_2018-09-11-08-21-35.png

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, kg4icg said:

I'm getting this at work a lot on the G7

Capture+_2018-09-11-08-21-35.png

 

Maybe I am stupid but what are we supposed to be looking for?

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Maybe I am stupid but what are we supposed to be looking for?
No your not Stupid I don't have a clue either.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

At any given moment, how many sectors are you hooked up to on your cellphone? This pic is live data, what I'm currently hooked up to. It isn't a file of what I've connected to. It is what I'm connected to at any given moment on my G7. 

Capture+_2018-09-13-09-18-09.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, kg4icg said:

At any given moment, how many sectors are you hooked up to on your cellphone? This pic is live data, what I'm currently hooked up to. It isn't a file of what I've connected to. It is what I'm connected to at any given moment on my G7. 

Capture+_2018-09-13-09-18-09.png

Would be cool if it were B25+B26 in CA, but will be tough to verify on G7 considering LG engineering screens are borked.

But I do believe those are neighboring sites on the list.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Reason why I'm using the app network cell info, that is the raw data screen

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

M-MIMO is truly an awesome way to maximize spectral efficiency..

Using nearly 700mbs of backhaul to feed 16 simultaneous connections on only 20Mhz of B41 spectrum.

In the screen shots on the post you can make out that each of the 16 devices are averaging around 40mbs.

https://twitter.com/sawilkus/status/1040021167761842176

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My predictions are Q2 next year ..
Once sprint gets massive mimo more widespread and 4x4 mimo more widespread.
Sprint should win both.



Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, tyroned3222 said:

My predictions are Q2 next year ..
Once sprint gets massive mimo more widespread and 4x4 mimo more widespread.
Sprint should win both.
 

 


Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
 

 

If they can keep investing this $6b per year yes. If they can win some speed studies it’ll definitely give them good attention and exposure. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Total Equipment Protection (TEP) has been rebranded and updated as “Sprint Complete”: http://newsroom.sprint.com/sprint-complete-provides-worry-free-wireless-protection-with-enhanced-service-and-repair-and-personalized-on-demand-tech-support.htm

Some pretty substantial changes to the program.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If anyone is planning on switching to Sprint... Sprint is lowering their buyout program down to $450 starting on September 21st

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, RedSpark said:

Total Equipment Protection (TEP) has been rebranded and updated as “Sprint Complete”: http://newsroom.sprint.com/sprint-complete-provides-worry-free-wireless-protection-with-enhanced-service-and-repair-and-personalized-on-demand-tech-support.htm

Some pretty substantial changes to the program.

Substantial price hikes too. I got a mailer about this a couple months back and the price for my phone was going up a few dollars a month.  Have to remember to cancel before the new prices kick in. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, marioc21 said:

Substantial price hikes too. I got a mailer about this a couple months back and the price for my phone was going up a few dollars a month.  Have to remember to cancel before the new prices kick in. 

The $29 screen replacement is a big perk. My girl has a pixel 2xl with a cracked lcd, they are charging 190 to replace it. Grrr

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, RedSpark said:

Total Equipment Protection (TEP) has been rebranded and updated as “Sprint Complete”: http://newsroom.sprint.com/sprint-complete-provides-worry-free-wireless-protection-with-enhanced-service-and-repair-and-personalized-on-demand-tech-support.htm

Some pretty substantial changes to the program.

Already paying $26 a month for two S9+'s, it will probably be cheaper to repair the phones myself if prices go up. Used to be $9 or $10 a month, even AT&T for the same plan is like $8 per line for the same coverage. If prices keep going up it will be cheaper to go back to AT&T.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, BlueAngel said:

Already paying $26 a month for two S9+'s, it will probably be cheaper to repair the phones myself if prices go up. Used to be $9 or $10 a month, even AT&T for the same plan is like $8 per line for the same coverage. If prices keep going up it will be cheaper to go back to AT&T.

 Does ATT replace screens under the normal protection and with no deductible? if so that's pretty great. Because repairing AMOLED screens on a high end device  is pretty expensive, far outstripping the cost of the actual monthly charge. 

Also, my personal trick is to keep some sort of protection for the first six months after purchasing the device while the cost is pretty high. After six months the price for repair is no longer as expensive.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/13/2018 at 9:30 PM, tyroned3222 said:

My predictions are Q2 next year ..
Once sprint gets massive mimo more widespread and 4x4 mimo more widespread.
Sprint should win both.
 

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
 

The competition never stands still.  Sprint and many other companies are generally working against old data about their competitors rather than projecting where they will be at a future point in time (at least in their public statements).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, nexgencpu said:

 Does ATT replace screens under the normal protection and with no deductible? if so that's pretty great. Because repairing AMOLED screens on a high end device  is pretty expensive, far outstripping the cost of the actual monthly charge. 

Also, my personal trick is to keep some sort of protection for the first six months after purchasing the device while the cost is pretty high. After six months the price for repair is no longer as expensive.

Looks like AT&T is a $49 deductable, in the long run it's a better deal.

Edited by BlueAngel

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Sprint Unlimited Premium plan says Full HD streaming but from my findings its uncapped. I was surprised to see the network automatically pushing me to 1440p 60fps when it can. 59a30eca19a53e171c28e906d974c816.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, BlueAngel said:

Looks like AT&T is a $49 deductable, in the long run it's a better deal.

If it's only $8 bucks month, then yes it's a better deal.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Terrell352 said:

The Sprint Unlimited Premium plan says Full HD streaming but from my findings its uncapped. I was surprised to see the network automatically pushing me to 1440p 60fps when it can. 59a30eca19a53e171c28e906d974c816.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
 

What is the cap on the audio? I noticed that by buddy has one of the freedom plans and his audio does skip on occasion in places where congestion or his phone drops to B26 is probably a problem.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
What is the cap on the audio? I noticed that by buddy has one of the freedom plans and his audio does skip on occasion in places where congestion or his phone drops to B26 is probably a problem.
If you look at the fine Sprint of the Premium plan Sprint says nothing about any type of throttling expect the 50gb hotspot to 3G after it is used.

The Unlimited Basic
480p video streaming
500kbps music
2mbps gaming

Unlimited Plus
1080p streaming
1.5mbps music
8mbps gaming

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Terrell352 said:

The Sprint Unlimited Premium plan says Full HD streaming but from my findings its uncapped. I was surprised to see the network automatically pushing me to 1440p 60fps when it can.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
 

I think they meant uncapped when they said Full HD because the Unlimited Plus plan caps you at around 12Mbps and 1080p.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I think they meant uncapped when they said Full HD because the Unlimited Plus plan caps you at around 12Mbps and 1080p.
I was thinking the same thing. Maybe a typo or they dont want to say 4K to invite abusers

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So according to Sprint care (who knows how accurate this is lol).. Sprint will give it a shot on a nationwide volte launch middle of next year



Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • large.unreadcontent.png.6ef00db54e758d06

  • gallery_1_23_9202.png

  • Posts

    • https://www.lightreading.com/cable/cable-wi-fi/an-inside-look-at-cables-mvno-business-model/d/d-id/752938? I know Charter has been including there Wi-Fi hotspots with every business account (on their own data link). 
    • https://9to5mac.com/2019/07/22/apple-acquire-intel-modem-talks/ I assume Apple would still wish to go after the masses rather than the bleeding edge.
    • The devil is in the details. Besides the revised deal, I will want to see both what the DOJ requires and what the FCC does with spectrum by county, phones, coverage, billing, and transition plus any other details. Then I can make my own judgement as to whether this is good national policy. Only when the transition is complete in my area will I be able to decide whether it is a good deal for me personally. My overall guess is it will be good to allow T-Mobile and to merge, uncertain on Dish, and I might end up with AT&T assuming my local Sprint sites are dropped based on current results.
    • I found 23 new permits for AT&T CRAN installations for Louisville, and I've found more installed that I can't find the permits for so the count is likely higher. Louisville just switched to a new permitting system and everything filed prior seems to be hit or miss on finding the permit.
    • Dramatic uptick in AT&T small cell permits has been noted in Columbus and Sacramento over the last few months, so Denver find is not surprising.  
  • Recently Browsing

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...