Jump to content
joshuam

Marcelo Claure, Town Hall Meetings, New Family Share Pack Plan, Unlimited Individual Plan, Discussion Thread

Recommended Posts

12 minutes ago, tyroned3222 said:

 


Milan spotted more allocation to band 25 .. which I'm sure has been out for a while now, but modulation still at 16QAM and 2x2 .. any 4x4 or 256QAM ?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
 

The reason he is only seeing 16QAM is because his signal is too low. 4x4 is coming online.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/31/2018 at 12:15 PM, tyroned3222 said:

Sprint the fastest in Seattle

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
 

Sprint has been the fastest in Seattle for a while...but that’s a big speed jump!

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

did verizon launch gig bit lte yet ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sprint launches Unlimited Premium with 50Gb of hotspot

Amazon Prime

Hulu and Tidal 

all for $90

 

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, derrph said:

Sprint launches Unlimited Premium with 50Gb of hotspot

Amazon Prime

Hulu and Tidal 

all for $90

 

It's like they heard our complaints from a few days ago about Boost Mobile having more hotspot data than Sprint. I don't need that much hotspot data personally and I have a student discount for Amazon Prime so Unlimited Plus is perfect for me.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Paynefanbro said:

It's like they heard our complaints from a few days ago about Boost Mobile having more hotspot data than Sprint. I don't need that much hotspot data personally and I have a student discount for Amazon Prime so Unlimited Plus is perfect for me.

This plan could spark off with the other carriers. But this plan essentially covers all of your media needs. Also to top of off a monthly $20 Uber credit as well. It’s a pretty sweet deal. Now if we can work on these taxes and fees. 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So you must add a line to get this plan I am guessing 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
This plan could spark off with the other carriers. But this plan essentially covers all of your media needs. Also to top of off a monthly $20 Uber credit as well. It’s a pretty sweet deal. Now if we can work on these taxes and fees. 
I think Sprint realizes, whether alone or not, that they can't be so cheap, that they hurt themselves.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, tyroned3222 said:

I think Sprint realizes, whether alone or not, that they can't be so cheap, that they hurt themselves.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
 

Probably.  This $90 puts them in line with everyone else. From what I’ve seen on here, they’ve been having great momentum with the network so why not put in plans that can further help put cash into the network.  

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Because in markets where there network is not that great, they are shooting themselves on the foot.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Because in markets where there network is not that great, they are shooting themselves on the foot.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk


I can't speak on the entire United States... but Sprint is starting to get the top hundred and 20 markets under control in terms of network performance

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, pokefan02 said:

So you must add a line to get this plan I am guessing 

It's an add on like Unlimited Plus so you don't need a new line to get it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

https://www.wabe.org/atlanta-among-first-in-line-for-5g-service-and-now-a-phone-is-coming/

In Atlanta, Sprint is focused on throwing the switch sometime before the Super Bowl in early February, says Heather Campbell, Sprint’s Director of RF Engineering.

“Our goal is to really show everything we can do at the Super Bowl and make it fantastic.”

________

Nice!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Great!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dealing with some weird roaming right now, in a friend's basement I have full bars of LTE on B41 but voice is roaming on Verizon. No reason for this my signal is great. Was hoping it was T-Mobile roaming but nope, I'm also getting upload CA from this tower which is still clearwire so said scp. Weird lol, it's apparent they are doing some work around here.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Don't know why my phone is roaming for voice when I have calling plus full bars of LTE I don't get it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, BlueAngel said:

Don't know why my phone is roaming for voice when I have calling plus full bars of LTE I don't get it.

Post SCP and engineering screen shots.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, BlueAngel said:

Dealing with some weird roaming right now, in a friend's basement I have full bars of LTE on B41 but voice is roaming on Verizon. No reason for this my signal is great. Was hoping it was T-Mobile roaming but nope, I'm also getting upload CA from this tower which is still clearwire so said scp. Weird lol, it's apparent they are doing some work around here.

 

6 hours ago, BlueAngel said:

Don't know why my phone is roaming for voice when I have calling plus full bars of LTE I don't get it.

 

SCP cannot show you CA, so I'm not sure what you're looking at.

If you're near a Clear-only site, I could imagine you seeing full Clear B41 but no Sprint 1X and thus roaming on Verizon 1X.

- Trip

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Trip said:

 

 

SCP cannot show you CA, so I'm not sure what you're looking at.

If you're near a Clear-only site, I could imagine you seeing full Clear B41 but no Sprint 1X and thus roaming on Verizon 1X.

- Trip

I was in the debug screen for CA, didn't keep scp installed for long it has a problem with me and killing my battery. It was strange either way never bad problems in the past.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Any body know max speed on band 25 with 256 qam 4x4 mimo combine with 15mhz ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, shannonbrian said:

Any body know max speed on band 25 with 256 qam 4x4 mimo combine with 15mhz ?

36.7 5x5 2x2 mimo lte so 15 mhz is 36.7 *3=110.1 Mbps

To go to 4 streams from 2 that is 220.2 Mbps

Then ~30% for QAM increase so 286.26 Mbps. (QAM can be push until it fails think weaker signal so it changes.) 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Flompholph said:

36.7 5x5 2x2 mimo lte so 15 mhz is 36.7 *3=110.1 Mbps

To go to 4 streams from 2 that is 220.2 Mbps

Then ~30% for QAM increase so 286.26 Mbps. (QAM can be push until it fails think weaker signal so it changes.) 

(112.5*1.33*2) ~ 300 mbps. 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, lilotimz said:

(112.5*1.33*2) ~ 300 mbps. 

112.5 Mbps isn't that B41 config 2 and not B25 15x15?

The code rate (symbol rate) for QAM could have also changed from the last time I looked at B25 so just checking.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Flompholph said:

112.5 Mbps isn't that B41 config 2 and not B25 15x15?

The code rate (symbol rate) for QAM could have also changed from the last time I looked at B25 so just checking.

20 MHz 2x2 MIMO 64 QAM = 150 mbps

15 MHz 2x2 MIMO 64 QAM = 150 * 0.75 = 112.5 mbps

15 MHz 2x2 MIMO 256 QAM = 112.5 * 1.33 = 150 mbps

15 MHz 4x4 MIMO 256 QAM = 150 x 2 = 300 mbps

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...