Marcelo Claure, Town Hall Meetings, New Family Share Pack Plan, Unlimited Individual Plan, Discussion Thread

joshuam

On 8/22/2018 at 8:37 AM, ingenium said:

Not contiguous. SF is one example. There's a spectrum squatter (owned by AT&T) right in the middle of their allocations in the city. They can do at most 2 contiguous carriers. Once you get further out you start to see 3 carriers.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

So band 41 can only be aggregated on contiguous carriers? I always thought a large advantage of CA was that you could aggregate non-contiguous slices of spectrum.

On 8/22/2018 at 9:05 PM, danlodish345 said:

The Tijuana border with the USA. I’m going to be taking a trip into the desert there near the Tijuana border crossing.

I'm in San Diego and from the looks of that Monthly Report on entities still needing to move off the SMR spectrum, Region 5 including the Tijuana border area has a long time to wait. FOURTEEN entities still have yet to move their operations. Incredible.

2 minutes ago, Paynefanbro said:

Has anyone seen Boost Mobile's Ultimate Unlimited plan? It costs $80/month (taxes and fees included), comes with free Tidal Premium, and 40GB of mobile hotspot data.

Why Sprint doesn’t include taxes and fees or even give 40gb mobile hotspot on its unlimited plus plan is beyond me. 

• Like 3

For a family of 4 it drops down to $65/line which isn't bad at all.
That's $260 on a prepaid plan .. Sprint can't even get a ton of people to switch to postpaid plans.. pre paid was meant to be a lower cost option with less feature .. now Sprint prepaid look like postpaid plans

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, tyroned3222 said:

That's $260 on a prepaid plan .. Sprint can't even get a ton of people to switch to postpaid plans.. pre paid was meant to be a lower cost option with less feature .. now Sprint prepaid look like postpaid plans

You can get a lower cost plan with less features though, that option hasn't gone anywhere. This is just their most feature packed plan and for $65 per person, it's insanely good. 

You can get a lower cost plan with less features though, that option hasn't gone anywhere. This is just their most feature packed plan and for $65 per person, it's insanely good. 

Yup, that's is more attractive then what they have on their post paid imo.. in other words they should be offering this on their post paid plans tax's and fees included and their Kickstarter plans on pre paid no the other way around imo

1 hour ago, derrph said:

Why Sprint doesn’t include taxes and fees or even give 40gb mobile hotspot on its unlimited plus plan is beyond me. 

Good point.

We’re still on Unlimited Freedom because we don’t use much Hotspot at all and switching to Unlimited Plus to get Free Tidal would actually cost us more than we’re paying now.

We’re on the original Corporate Discount scheme of $5/Month off per line (we have 7 Lines) and I’m afraid that if we switch plans we’ll lose it. So we’re keeping what we have. I’d rather have the Apple Music Family Plan ($14.99/Month for 6 Users) to be honest, but we haven’t bothered getting it yet. YouTube works fine.

6 hours ago, tyroned3222 said:

Had a question about this Sprint site I see what could be mutiple rrus could be a mini macros..what's ironic there is a band 41 small cell in the same strip mall where the tower is

No mimi-macros visble there. Looks like that site hasn't been updated yet. 

Just now, though said:

That's a big blow for most!

That's debatable. Anecdotally, in the past 3 years I've used 0MB of domestic roaming and I'm certain most of Boost Mobile's user base lives within urban areas given that's who they marketed to both historically and currently.

12 minutes ago, Paynefanbro said:

That's debatable. Anecdotally, in the past 3 years I've used 0MB of domestic roaming and I'm certain most of Boost Mobile's user base lives within urban areas given that's who they marketed to both historically and currently.

Debatable for some, not for me and probably most.

So band 41 can only be aggregated on contiguous carriers? I always thought a large advantage of CA was that you could aggregate non-contiguous slices of spectrum.
Not for band 41. It has to be contiguous for most handsets. I think the current Samsung flagships can do non-contiguous B41 CA though (any device that can do 4xCA B41 can do non-contig, and I'm pretty sure those handsets support 4xCA), so it's coming.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

• Like 1