Marcelo Claure, Town Hall Meetings, New Family Share Pack Plan, Unlimited Individual Plan, Discussion Thread

joshuam

New York and their dense upgraded network doesn't speak for the rest of us.   Nor do I.    I don't need anyone telling me that I should just "leave" as the answer.   I already know that is an option.    However, I am in it now due to phone commitments and my employer offering discounts on Sprint.      Just can't pick up and leave.   My Sprint signal strength has steadily degraded over the last 2-3 months as many others on here will attest to.      I don't wish to argue...   ... 

Edited by dro1984

47 minutes ago, Dkoellerwx said:

I don't get your response at all. He asked a reasonable question. If you're not happy, why not leave. He didn't make any statements regarding how well it worked for him, at least in the initial post, so why you had to include that does not make sense. 

2 hours ago, nexgencpu said:

Also, yes I am happy with the service, here in NY, NJ, PA and when I travel internationally it has worked pretty solidly

Ummmm... yes he did!     

16 minutes ago, dro1984 said:

Ummmm... yes he did!     

That's not the post I was referring to. I guess he did say "if my service was that bad," but that still didn't really warrant the response. No one is telling you to do anything, just asking a simple question. 

1 minute ago, Dkoellerwx said:

That's not the post I was referring to. I guess he did say "if my service was that bad," but that still didn't really warrant the response. No one is telling you to do anything, just asking a simple question. 

Thanks Dave, but it's ok, he took my post the wrong way, at least someone understood where my question was coming from.

No judgement passed and I've moved on..

I wonder whats is  hold up on adding a 3rd Carrier in 2 Carrier Markets been almost 3 years since add 2 carriers on Band 41. I do have 3 carriers only in Wilmington De , but the Rest of the Market  only  has 2.

30 minutes ago, shannonbrian said:

I wonder whats is  hold up on adding a 3rd Carrier in 2 Carrier Markets been almost 3 years since add 2 carriers on Band 41. I do have 3 carriers only in Wilmington De , but the Rest of the Market  only  has 2.

It's puzzling. I've seen some Clearwire sites with three carriers and then the next neighboring Clearwire site with only two.

But it is important to point out that I've only seen Clearwire sites with three carriers in areas with high foer traffic (shopping center, schools, and downtown). Residential areas seem to be the ones left behind.

38 minutes ago, shannonbrian said:

It could be a spectrum issue. Keep in mind that B41 spectrum is not distributed by county or town or city, its by radius (I know Sprint is trying to rectify this with the government). I have the same issue here in the Bronx, not enough contiguous spectrum to deploy that third carrier.

Hopefully we will see non contiguous CA soon.

1 hour ago, shannonbrian said:

Sprint's letter to the FCC about re-examining EBS licenses...

https://ecfsapi.fcc.gov/file/10326217025032/March 26 Sprint Ex Parte.pdf

• Like 2

Someone has filed a motion to stop the merger review for the time being.. to review spectrum totals on per market basis. Just wanted to let everyone know

https://www.fiercewireless.com/wireless/t-mobile-sprint-say-no-way-to-motion-to-pause-their-merger-proceeding

Let's see what the FCC does the last thing we need is for them to postpone even longer

Although is does give Sprint more time to work on the network

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

25 minutes ago, cyclone said:

https://www.fcc.gov/transaction/t-mobile-sprint

Looks like the clock is still running and the extension of time has been denied as of today

The way things are going with Pai lately I wouldn't be surprised if he votes this thing down in a decisive  3-2 vote. Furthermore, he is a Verizon agent and I wouldn't think they want one big entity with that massive amount of 2.5ghz  and 1900mhz for 5G.

Then use their BRS licenses. They have 60Mhz of BRS nationwide.

Not contiguous. SF is one example. There's a spectrum squatter (owned by AT&T) right in the middle of their allocations in the city. They can do at most 2 contiguous carriers. Once you get further out you start to see 3 carriers.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NYC126 said:

The way things are going with Pai lately I wouldn't be surprised if he votes this thing down in a decisive  3-2 vote. Furthermore, he is a Verizon agent and I wouldn't think they want one big entity with that massive amount of 2.5ghz  and 1900mhz for 5G.

He once worked for Verizon, he is not currently a verizon "agent". That would imply that he is taking payments from Verizon and unless you have evidence to that effect that comes close to libel. 

1 hour ago, ingenium said:

Not contiguous. SF is one example. There's a spectrum squatter (owned by AT&T) right in the middle of their allocations in the city. They can do at most 2 contiguous carriers. Once you get further out you start to see 3 carriers.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

They should have settle this chit out. It has been 13 years since the Nextel merger. 13 freaking years!!!! Not 3 or five or 10!!! The same thing with all the SMR spectrum. I ascribe it to nothing but executive incompetence. Get the chit done!!!!

Edited by bigsnake49

5 minutes ago, bigsnake49 said:

They should have settle this chit out. It has been 13 years since the Nextel merger. 13 freaking years!!!! The same thing with all the SMR spectrum. I ascribe it to nothing but executive incompetence. 

Purchasing spectrum from spectrum squatters / speculators only legitimizes them in the eyes of the FCC and other government agencies. They demand money that far excesses the value of the spectrum and in the majority of previous cases require legal action to free up the spectrum for use that benefits the public. Ascribe all you want but speculators know what they're doing and it's basically extortion to telecommunications carriers like Sprint who have the capability to put said spectrum into immediate use while they do nothing with it. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NextWave_Wireless

"NextWave Wireless Inc. is a wireless technology company that produces mobile multimedia solutions and speculates in the wireless spectrum market. The company consists principally of various wireless spectrum holdings."

• Like 4

1 minute ago, lilotimz said:

Purchasing spectrum from spectrum squatters / speculators only legitimizes them in the eyes of the FCC and other government agencies. They demand money that far excesses the value of the spectrum and in the majority of previous cases require legal action to free up the spectrum for use that benefits the public. 

Ascribe all you want but speculators know what they're doing and it's basically extortion to entities telecommunications carriers like Sprint who have valid use of said spectrum that can be put into immediate use while they do nothing with it. 

If it was a spectrum squatter owned by AT&T, then as part of the sale of WCS to AT&T, pressure them to throw in the  SanFran BRS. 

4 minutes ago, bigsnake49 said:

If it was a spectrum squatter owned by AT&T, then as part of the sale of WCS to AT&T, pressure them to throw in the  SanFran BRS. 

So what you're saying is you want the government to retroactively apply acquisition requirements for an acquisition that was approved and consummated 6 years ago? 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, lilotimz said:

So what you're saying is you want the government to retroactively apply acquisition requirements for an acquisition that was approved and consummated 6 years ago? 

No, pressure AT&T not the government. And the sale of Sprint's WCS To AT&T was in 2014.

Edited by bigsnake49

On 8/21/2018 at 7:14 PM, Dkoellerwx said:

I don't get your response at all. He asked a reasonable question. If you're not happy, why not leave. He didn't make any statements regarding how well it worked for him, at least in the initial post, so why you had to include that does not make sense. 

I have a question. How long the borders between Mexico and Canada is the band 26 issues being sorted out? Like when will sprint be able to deploy there?

11 minutes ago, danlodish345 said:

I have a question. How long the borders between Mexico and Canada is the band 26 issues being sorted out? Like when will sprint be able to deploy there?

Are you asking me? Because the post you quoted doesn't have anything to do with that.

Sprint is already deploying in Canada border regions, and the Mexico border regions are be prepped right now for deployment hopefully by the end of the year.

4 minutes ago, Dkoellerwx said:

Are you asking me? Because the post you quoted doesn't have anything to do with that.

Sprint is already deploying in Canada border regions, and the Mexico border regions are be prepped right now for deployment hopefully by the end of the year.

Yes I was asking you. Good I can’t wait. I wanted to take a trip to the Canadian border soon.

43 minutes ago, danlodish345 said:

Yes I was asking you. Good I can’t wait. I wanted to take a trip to the Canadian border soon.

See this FCC Filing that Sprint submits on a monthly basis: https://ecfsapi.fcc.gov/file/10801544322248/800 MHz Monthly Report for August 2018.pdf

• Like 1