Marcelo Claure, Town Hall Meetings, New Family Share Pack Plan, Unlimited Individual Plan, Discussion Thread

joshuam

9 minutes ago, danlodish345 said:

I am looking forward to getting my S9 plus onto boost Mobile to do some speed testIng 

Scratches head and wonders what people are smoking , you already on boost in a way being a sprint customer, nothing is going to change. So what's the point? Right now m sitting here with a LG G7. 

11 minutes ago, kg4icg said:

Scratches head and wonders what people are smoking , you already on boost in a way being a sprint customer, nothing is going to change. So what's the point? Right now m sitting here with a LG G7. 

I’m actually not a sprint customer at the moment. So I want to see what the phone can do. I don’t desire post paid anymore because it’s just too complicated. So I’m thinking of going prepaid.  Plus I want to see if the network has improved in terms of coverage and reliability. Coverage along the main highway in town is just fine but I want to see if it’s improved off the main road.

14 minutes ago, kg4icg said:

It sounds like your area is trash based on your post. Besides all that, it’s his money so who really cares. 

6 minutes ago, danlodish345 said:

I’m actually not a sprint customer at the moment. So I want to see what the phone can do. I don’t desire post paid anymore because it’s just too complicated. So I’m thinking of going prepaid.  Plus I want to see if the network has improved in terms of coverage and reliability. Coverage along the main highway in town is just fine but I want to see if it’s improved off the main road.

Oh ok, that I didn't know. 

Just now, derrph said:

It sounds like your area is trash based on your post. Besides all that, it’s his money so who really cares. 

And you're taking things way out of proportion. 

And no my area isn't trash nor was I saying it. I'm in the DC area for one, 2 being that I'm one of the longest sprint customers on here going on 22 years. I was just questioning the logic of someone switching from one side to the other but since he isn't on sprint. Then that is a moot point. 

3 minutes ago, kg4icg said:

And you're taking things way out of proportion. 

Not at all sir. But if you feel like I am then I’ll let you win. 

8 hours ago, derrph said:

Yeah that post wasn't needed and I have no idea where you're getting your "trash" idea... he didn't post anything about that.

12 hours ago, derrph said:

Dude that’s really uncalled for. I’ve seen some improvements in the speed. But by looking at sprints coverage map I doubt the validity Of the actual data on sprints official coverage map. But there still no need to make comments like that. I don’t appreciate that. I’d love to see sprints coverage improve.

59 minutes ago, danlodish345 said:

Dude that’s really uncalled for. I’ve seen some improvements in the speed. But by looking at sprints coverage map I doubt the validity Of the actual data on sprints official coverage map. But there still no need to make comments like that. I don’t appreciate that. I’d love to see sprints coverage improve.

I’m not going to drag out something that was posted at 7am. I’ll post this and leave it at that. My post was in response to Kg4icg and him saying he wonder what people are smoking and that being on Sprint is in a way like being on boost. Also That there’s no need to go from one end to another and the difference is little to none. His comment was in response to yours about getting your S9 on boost with the assumption I guess you already had Sprint(saw after my comment was posted). His comment came off as if his city is not the best with Sprint and or Boast and that you’re wasting your money. That’s why I posted what I did.  

Im really not down for a debate and how I’ve gotten a few responses about my comment being uncalled for mean. I personally don’t think so. I think referring to drug use is uncalled for but outside of that, I’ve seen way worse comments get posted on here that gets handled by the admins.   

7 minutes ago, derrph said:

I’m not going to drag out something that was posted at 7am. I’ll post this and leave it at that. My post was in response to Kg4icg and him saying he wonder what people are smoking and that being on Sprint is in a way like being on boost. Also That there’s no need to go from one end to another and the difference is little to none. His comment was in response to yours about getting your S9 on boost with the assumption I guess you already had Sprint(saw after my comment was posted). His comment came off as if his city is not the best with Sprint and or Boast and that you’re wasting your money. That’s why I posted what I did.  

Im really not down for a debate and how I’ve gotten a few responses about my comment being uncalled for mean. I personally don’t think so. I think referring to drug use is uncalled for but outside of that, I’ve seen way worse comments get posted on here that gets handled by the admins.   

The context of my statement was thinking he was a sprint customer, that he explained to me he was not. Sometimes people do say crazy things about switching from one to another not knowing that one is the other. 

12 hours ago, derrph said:

Yes I have had spring before. I really just want to know if they have improve their coverage. Because I’d like to switch back to Sprint and I have a very capable galaxy S9 plus so I really like to see what has happened in terms of improvements in my area.

22 minutes ago, RedSpark said:

Still trying to figure out the reasoning and justification for this “roadshow”.

I don’t get it. The whole thing is weird.

I'm sure employee moral at Sprint corporate is fragile and questionable. So why not do these to boost moral, educate employees and even works as an internal thank you, considering there future at the "new tmobile" might be in question, no better time than now for these things.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, nexgencpu said:

I'm sure employee moral at Sprint corporate is fragile and questionable. So why not do these to boost moral, educate employees and even works as an internal thank you, considering there future at the "new tmobile" might be in question, no better time than now for these things.

Absolutely! Also remember that the approval of the merger is not a foregone conclusion. You do not want people leaving prematurely if you can help it.

1 hour ago, nexgencpu said:

You’re right on that: I’m sure employee morale is bad... possibly as bad as it was during Network Vision when customers were fleeing.

It seems like a “goodbye” tour for the Sprint brand, but I don’t see how this improves morale. The “thank you” part I can understand. Not sure what the “education” part is.

Overall: This is so depressing to see.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bigsnake49 said:

Absolutely! Also remember that the approval of the merger is not a foregone conclusion. You do not want people leaving prematurely if you can help it.

That I agree with.

Perhaps I’m a curmudgeon, but the backflip was too much...

You’re right on that: I’m sure employee morale is bad... possibly as bad as it was during Network Vision when customers were fleeing.

It seems like a “goodbye” tour for the Sprint brand, but I don’t see how this improves morale. The “thank you” part I can understand. Not sure what the “education” part is.

Overall: This is so depressing to see.

Lots of education .. Sprint showed the first LTE/5G phone.. talked about the network and when this device can be sold

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tyroned3222 said:

Lots of education .. Sprint showed the first LTE/5G phone.. talked about the network and when this device can be sold

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

My guess would be the Samsung S10....

Hopefully real progress is being made in the network beyond this recent update...

http://newsroom.sprint.com/triband-upgrades.htm

We now have 2.5 GHz deployed on roughly 60% of our macro sites and expect to complete the substantial majority of our tri-band upgrades by the end of fiscal 2018.

Hearing that we’re the better part of a year away from having 2.5 GHz on a “substantial majority” of sites feels like a really long time...

• Like 1

Sprint has always been an odd cat and this only further solidifies that perception. Guys, stop being weird and just do your damn job! Then, you would not need to do these bizarre stunts in a bid to help alter public perception because it would already be positive. Jesus, they just don't get it. 

I have defended Sprint to my family and friends for almost two decades now and it's becoming quite tiresome. 

• Like 6

My guess would be the Samsung S10....
Hopefully real progress is being made in the network beyond this recent update...
http://newsroom.sprint.com/triband-upgrades.htm
We now have 2.5 GHz deployed on roughly 60% of our macro sites and expect to complete the substantial majority of our tri-band upgrades by the end of fiscal 2018.
Hearing that we’re the better part of a year away from having 2.5 GHz on a “substantial majority” of sites feels like a really long time...

Especially if what I'm seeing is occurring in more areas too. I've been seeing 3g as much as during the Vision roll out. It's bad...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk