Marcelo Claure, Town Hall Meetings, New Family Share Pack Plan, Unlimited Individual Plan, Discussion Thread

joshuam

Sprint performing awesome on the new Always connected PC here all over NYC. Its unfortunate that this model is only running a snapdragon 835 CPU (which is kinda weak for non native apps) But, big big ups to Sprint performance and giving away free data with purchase of any Always connected PC for the remainder of 2018..

BTW, really nice video preview by Jaime and the pocket now team..

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, nexgencpu said:

Sprint performing awesome on the new Always connected PC here all over NYC. Its unfortunate that this model is only running a snapdragon 835 CPU (which is kinda weak for non native apps) But, big big ups to Sprint performance and giving away free data with purchase of any Always connected PC for the remainder of 2018..

BTW, really nice video preview by Jaime and the pocket now team..

This is good publicity for Sprint and their network in NY.

• Like 1

http://newsroom.sprint.com/triband-upgrades.htm

According to Sprint’s Head of Network Deployment & Operations: “We now have 2.5 GHz deployed on roughly 60% of our macro sites and expect to complete the substantial majority of our tri-band upgrades by the end of fiscal 2018.”

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, RedSpark said:

According to Sprint’s Head of Network Deployment & Operations: “We now have 2.5 GHz deployed on roughly 60% of our macro sites and expect to complete the substantial majority of our tri-band upgrades by the end of fiscal 2018.”

What a way to really kick things in gear with the network with a merger at the heel.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RedSpark said:

I've seen quite a few mini macro sites recently, I can dig this.

2 hours ago, RedSpark said:
http://newsroom.sprint.com/triband-upgrades.htm According to Sprint’s Head of Network Deployment & Operations: “We now have 2.5 GHz deployed on roughly 60% of our macro sites and expect to complete the substantial majority of our tri-band upgrades by the end of fiscal 2018.”

Does this include sites with NO LTE? I've been to areas where the network drops to 3G. Either towers with no LTE or poor site spaceing. Yes I know Site spaceing doesn't have anything to do with that I'm just saying. 

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

9 minutes ago, BlueAngel said:

I've seen quite a few mini macro sites recently, I can dig this.

I'm surprised they even do mini macros. In my market every b41 tower that has it is full build.

I'm surprised they even do mini macros. In my market every b41 tower that has it is full build.
They do them in some areas cause it cheaper for B41 and some areas with B26 to fill on coverage Gaps. Only problem with them is on B41 it can only do 2xca. So to do 3xca would require a macro same with B26 ones to add 25/41 would require to Macro.

1 hour ago, Tengen31 said:

Does this include sites with NO LTE? I've been to areas where the network drops to 3G. Either towers with no LTE or poor site spaceing. Yes I know Site spaceing doesn't have anything to do with that I'm just saying. 

There are not many sites left with no LTE left on them.  Of course, there are still lots of areas without LTE.  But that's different than the site itself not having any LTE.

• Like 3

52 minutes ago, S4GRU said:

There are not many sites left with no LTE left on them.  Of course, there are still lots of areas without LTE.  But that's different than the site itself not having any LTE.

I guess we’ll see what a “substantial majority” means when April 2019 rolls around?

Is the rate of these upgrades that are happening limited by available capex funds, by available equipment and/or by available crews/climbers to do the work?

1 hour ago, RedSpark said:

I guess we’ll see what a “substantial majority” means when April 2019 rolls around?

Is the rate of these upgrades that are happening limited by available capex funds, by available equipment and/or by available crews/climbers to do the work?

Equipment and crews I believe. There was a recent shortage of 800/2500 antennas and there are never enough tower crews to go around. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Terrell352 said:

I'm surprised they even do mini macros.

Why? They're significantly cheaper than deploying 8T8Rs. So if you have say $10 million to spend in an area in a given year what gets you more bang for your buck 550 8T8Rs or 1650 mini-macro sites?

38 minutes ago, Mr.Nuke said:

Why? They're significantly cheaper than deploying 8T8Rs. So if you have say $10 million to spend in an area in a given year what gets you more bang for your buck 550 8T8Rs or 1650 mini-macro sites?

In low traffic areas, I personally don't see much benefit in deploying 8T8Rs over mini macros, if there are no capacity issues.  8T8Rs do provide better coverage and propagation than mini macros, but I think the difference is small enough that it can be overlooked.  

Ultimately, to deploy NR (which will be the next major wave of upgrades we see), both mini macro and 8T8R antenna/RRU sets will need to be swapped out for massive MIMO antennas.  In the meantime, why waste money on 8T8Rs where they aren't needed?

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, RedSpark said:

Nice price but looking at the press release its a very watered down unlimited plan:

video -480p

Music 500 kbps

Online gaming 2mbps

data is slowed in areas of congestion. Theres no no 22GB trigger

Honestly not bad - basically mvno type service and prices but with a full support.

But umm doesn’t this slightly give the incentive to need more carriers?!?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

59 minutes ago, RedSpark said:

Presumably this marks the departure of the free year BYOD plan as there isn't a compelling reason to have both.

The Kickstart page is live. Nice breakdown on what all you get compared to their UF plan. The only problem I have is the coverage map, It shows the "overall" coverage. I guess if the other carriers are doing it then why not. The map shows coverage everywhere but that might not be the case based on that map. 

https://www.sprint.com/en/shop/plans/unlimited-kickstart.html

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, derrph said:

The Kickstart page is live. Nice breakdown on what all you get compared to their UF plan. The only problem I have is the coverage map, It shows the "overall" coverage. I guess if the other carriers are doing it then why not. The map shows coverage everywhere but that might not be the case based on that map. 

https://www.sprint.com/en/shop/plans/unlimited-kickstart.html

I visited that page and it even includes international roaming. Does it include domestic roaming? There is no note of that.

Just now, bigsnake49 said:

I visited that page and it even includes international roaming. Does it include domestic roaming? There is no note of that.

I'm going to take it as it does not if it was missing from the page OR Sprint wants to give the image that you will not roam on their network because they have the coverage.

14 minutes ago, derrph said:

I'm going to take it as it does not if it was missing from the page OR Sprint wants to give the image that you will not roam on their network because they have the coverage.

http://newsroom.sprint.com/best-time-to-switch-to-sprint-ever-try-sprints-great-network-get-unlimited-for-15-per-month-per-line.htm

At the bottom of that page it says, "...Excludes taxes, surcharges and roaming." But on the kickstart page it says that it includes international roaming.

Under Legal Disclosure it says, "Unlimited Kickstart: Up to 5 lines. Incl. unlimited domestic calling, texting & data while on the Sprint network. "

I wonder what happens when T-mobile roaming is enabled.

Edited by bigsnake49