Jump to content
joshuam

Marcelo Claure, Town Hall Meetings, New Family Share Pack Plan, Unlimited Individual Plan, Discussion Thread

Recommended Posts

33 minutes ago, danlodish345 said:

sprint still has serios lte holes where i live...triband lte roll out is only half done...not even close to complete in my town..go off the main high way and lte service is a joke....but on the main road LTE service is pretty good...

Dan, they have holes where I live and when they don't, the upload speed is extremely slow even on LTE Band 41... Like 1x speeds...   The only hope is that TMob will "fix" this when and if the day comes.   

After 20 years, I dropped Sprint and ported my number Monday.   Service and speeds are so much better and way more stable where I am now.  No regrets.  

Edited by dro1984

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, derrph said:

http://newsroom.sprint.com/sprint-announces-new-york-city-phoenix-and-kansas-city-among-first-to-experience-sprint-5g.htm

 

Sprint has added New York, Phoenix and Kansas to the list of 5G cities for Q1 2019. I'm really liking how Sprint is moving fast on the network thus far as if there is no merger on the table. 

Apparently, they’re on-air and being tested in Dallas, LA and NYC:

 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was out yesterday and was surprised at the speeds I was getting on the download.  160 down is faster than my home internet.  The upload wad at 5 but damn....

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Steve Dean said:

I was out yesterday and was surprised at the speeds I was getting on the download.  160 down is faster than my home internet.  The upload wad at 5 but damn....

I'm not big on uploads.  Just not that important to me. Anything over 5 mbps is more than adequate for Google Drive (now, "One"), social media, etc. For some,  however,  I can see how that might be a problem. But for the 90%, Sprint's upload speeds are just fine. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, JonnygATL said:

I'm not big on uploads.  Just not that important to me. Anything over 5 mbps is more than adequate for Google Drive (now, "One"), social media, etc. For some,  however,  I can see how that might be a problem. But for the 90%, Sprint's upload speeds are just fine. 

No complaints about the upload.  Just surprised about the download speed.  I need to do it again because the upload was still climbing when Speedtest finished that part of the test.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, dro1984 said:

Dan, they have holes where I live and when they don't, the upload speed is extremely slow even on LTE Band 41... Like 1x speeds...   The only hope is that TMob will "fix" this when and if the day comes.   

After 20 years, I dropped Sprint and ported my number Monday.   Service and speeds are so much better and way more stable where I am now.  No regrets.  

Well another thing that works against even T-Mobile and even Sprint and to a certain extent AT&T is site density it's absolutely horrible here because of the not in my backyard people

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sprint sure loves its robots!!!

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/16/2018 at 7:07 PM, danlodish345 said:

Well another thing that works against even T-Mobile and even Sprint and to a certain extent AT&T is site density it's absolutely horrible here because of the not in my backyard people

Still way better in my experiences than you-know-who.  Both at home and work.  (Work at a large Auto Company and across the street form a national tourist attraction).   Wrote many letters and emails to those involved at the former provider.  They didn't care.    Then you compound the issue with very little low band and bingo.    

Edited by dro1984
fixed mis-spell

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, RedSpark said:

Sprint sure loves its robots!!!

I would love to see Sprint target AT&T since they  are in some ways on par or better. 

These robots would be great for their 5G marketing. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, RedSpark said:

Sprint sure loves its robots!!!

I like this commercial.  Entertaining.  Gets the point across.  A+

Robert

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, dro1984 said:

Still way better in my experiences than you-know-who.  Both at home and work.  (Work at a large Auto Company and across the street form a national tourist attraction).   Wrote many letters and emails to those involved at the former provider.  They didn't care.    Then you compound the issue with very little low band and bingo.    

Well they need low band as well. Just high band and mid band won't do them any good. They need site density very badly where I live and with Sprint having little to no low-band here and horrible site then say just like T-Mobile and AT&T there's a lot of work to be done. But I can definitely say that General LTE coverage on the highway through my town has improved along with the speeds. But the quality and density of the network needs to be really worked upon.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

https://www.sprint.com/change

Looks like older Unlimited Plans are being retired in the coming months. Those customers are getting moved onto Unlimited Freedom. This is a pretty big deal!!! Goodbye Everything Data...

Otherwise, Customers have the option to end their agreements without a Termination Fee. However, customers are still responsible for device costs/payments.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, RedSpark said:
https://www.sprint.com/change
Looks like older Unlimited Plans are being retired in the coming months. Those customers are getting moved onto Unlimited Freedom. This is a pretty big deal!!! Goodbye Everything Data...
Otherwise, Customers have the option to end their agreements without a Termination Fee. However, customers are still responsible for device costs/payments.

Only old unlimited plans so far, not the ED plans at the moment!

9d927c01f6e7bf59f4bd2ca2589a63ac.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, RedSpark said:

https://www.sprint.com/change

Looks like older Unlimited Plans are being retired in the coming months. Those customers are getting moved onto Unlimited Freedom. This is a pretty big deal!!! Goodbye Everything Data...

Otherwise, Customers have the option to end their agreements without a Termination Fee. However, customers are still responsible for device costs/payments.

ED is unaffected. 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, lilotimz said:

ED is unaffected. 

Framily, Unlimited My, My Way and ED, what other plans could they be talking about? 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, derrph said:

Framily, Unlimited My, My Way and ED, what other plans could they be talking about? 

why was framily plan a flop?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
why was framily plan a flop?

Your guess is as good as mine. To me that plan appeared as though it was a pyramid scheme to get a cheaper price.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, danlodish345 said:

why was framily plan a flop?

On a normal shared plan you can put anyone you want on it but if you do and they fail to pay then you are responsible for the whole bill, so only a limited number of people would risk this.

But for FRAMILY you could have anyone on your plan to help reduce costs and not be responsible to pay the whole bill.  You could put complete strangers on your plan and never had to worry.  So many people were doing this that Sprint was losing more money then they had imagined.  So they said "it was too confusing for people"

Even the sales people at the Sprint stores themselves were putting complete starngers together to help you save.

In a nutshell it worked TOO well and Sprint lost money.

But of course company execs would never be dishonest,  right?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hope this doesn't affect Framily. I'm paying unlimited on Framily.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, NEBRASKACHERS said:

On a normal shared plan you can put anyone you want on it but if you do and they fail to pay then you are responsible for the whole bill, so only a limited number of people would risk this.

But for FRAMILY you could have anyone on your plan to help reduce costs and not be responsible to pay the whole bill.  You could put complete strangers on your plan and never had to worry.  So many people were doing this that Sprint was losing more money then they had imagined.  So they said "it was too confusing for people"

Even the sales people at the Sprint stores themselves were putting complete starngers together to help you save.

In a nutshell it worked TOO well and Sprint lost money.

But of course company execs would never be dishonest,  right?

Exactly they were being dishonest as well. So the whole thing from what you told me was a serious flop.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Used car salesman tactics... very distasteful!     

My old unlimited plan would have been affected,(terminated)  because they had no limits on Video quality (1080p now) and no limits on streaming music etc at certain bandwidth maximums....   They have what everyone else has now... put limits on everything.  I think all the "Unlimited" data plans all have caps for all that now.        

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Any chance of raising the limit of hotspot to 20GB (like the newly advertised Boost plan) or the throttled speeds up to 3G (like T-Mobile)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, RedSpark said:

https://www.sprint.com/change

Looks like older Unlimited Plans are being retired in the coming months. Those customers are getting moved onto Unlimited Freedom. This is a pretty big deal!!! Goodbye Everything Data...

Otherwise, Customers have the option to end their agreements without a Termination Fee. However, customers are still responsible for device costs/payments.

Did this come via email/sms or a bill insert?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, jefbal99 said:

Did this come via email/sms or a bill insert?

Bill insert from what I heard.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • large.unreadcontent.png.6ef00db54e758d06

  • gallery_1_23_9202.png

  • Posts

    • I think I have been experiencing that with low-numbered Verizon 1X IDs (I never connect to Verizon LTE). I assumed it was something on my end, but maybe it's related.. I'll have to try getting some specifics and monitor that thread.
    • Mike, I don't know if it's related to the beta or not, but I got a new Moto E5 Play for US Cellular and everything seemed to be good with it.  But I went on a several hour drive today, and when I got home, I found that the log had recorded nothing.  No updates on existing rows, and no new rows.  I checked and the logger is enabled, etc., and I've gone so far as to factory reset the phone and it's still not logging anything.  I sent you diagnostics in case you see something I don't.  I am able to import and export log databases without issue, but it doesn't seem to want to actually write anything to the internal one. - Trip
    • ...which would be B26. Just like "reconfiguring B4 to include extended frequencies" resulted in B66. FWIW the slice of B26 Sprint uses for LTE is right next to the bottom of B5, with a center frequency of 821.3 MHz on the uplink. That leaves 200 KHz between the top of the "advertised" 5 MHz LTE band (actually a bit more than that because as I recall a 5 MHz LTE carrier has 500 KHz of guard band built in) and where CLR starts. Then the 1xA carrier Sprint's using runs below that, rounding out their use of the 7x7 of SMR they have. Catch here is, you'd have to reband the entirety of CLR + SMR to get what amounts to 5 MHz of extra spectrum over what's available in CLR + SMR right now...and that would have to happen across everyone in the band. 'cuz right now you have 10x10 + 10x10 + 5x5...potentially even better spectrum usage for folks who are shimming a 1x channel or some GSM in there (Verizon or rural carriers). You're not just dealing with all three major carriers. At which point you only benefit spectrum-wise if you drop from three carriers to two in the band...and you can get to two carriers in the band with one of them having 15x15 without rebanding. Hard sell when the two carriers you'd see in that band already have B12 and B13 networks. I'd much rather see Dish hold onto that spectrum, shunt all LTE users to B12, and replace the B26 carrier with 5x5 NR. T-Mobile can rent the remaining 2 MHz back from Dish for 1xA until they shut down CDMA entirely, allowing T-Mo to drop PCS CDMA (RIP) more quickly. Phones have had SMR CDMA for 8+ years at this point so switching PCS CDMA off shouldn't be a big deal at all. T-Mobile can use the existing ex-Sprint equipment to run the network on the cell sites they're keeping since you don't need nearly the density for 1x on SMR that you need for anything at PCS or higher. Yes, this assumes Dish will actually launch a network. Holding out hope that that does indeed happen.
    • Anyone else noticed this issue? https://github.com/CellMapper/Cellmapper-Site/issues/63
  • Recently Browsing

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...