Marcelo Claure, Town Hall Meetings, New Family Share Pack Plan, Unlimited Individual Plan, Discussion Thread

joshuam

33 minutes ago, danlodish345 said:

sprint still has serios lte holes where i live...triband lte roll out is only half done...not even close to complete in my town..go off the main high way and lte service is a joke....but on the main road LTE service is pretty good...

Dan, they have holes where I live and when they don't, the upload speed is extremely slow even on LTE Band 41... Like 1x speeds...   The only hope is that TMob will "fix" this when and if the day comes.   

After 20 years, I dropped Sprint and ported my number Monday.   Service and speeds are so much better and way more stable where I am now.  No regrets.  

Edited by dro1984

22 hours ago, derrph said:

http://newsroom.sprint.com/sprint-announces-new-york-city-phoenix-and-kansas-city-among-first-to-experience-sprint-5g.htm

Sprint has added New York, Phoenix and Kansas to the list of 5G cities for Q1 2019. I'm really liking how Sprint is moving fast on the network thus far as if there is no merger on the table. 

Apparently, they’re on-air and being tested in Dallas, LA and NYC:

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Steve Dean said:

I was out yesterday and was surprised at the speeds I was getting on the download.  160 down is faster than my home internet.  The upload wad at 5 but damn....

I'm not big on uploads.  Just not that important to me. Anything over 5 mbps is more than adequate for Google Drive (now, "One"), social media, etc. For some,  however,  I can see how that might be a problem. But for the 90%, Sprint's upload speeds are just fine. 

1 minute ago, JonnygATL said:

I'm not big on uploads.  Just not that important to me. Anything over 5 mbps is more than adequate for Google Drive (now, "One"), social media, etc. For some,  however,  I can see how that might be a problem. But for the 90%, Sprint's upload speeds are just fine. 

No complaints about the upload.  Just surprised about the download speed.  I need to do it again because the upload was still climbing when Speedtest finished that part of the test.

9 hours ago, dro1984 said:

Dan, they have holes where I live and when they don't, the upload speed is extremely slow even on LTE Band 41... Like 1x speeds...   The only hope is that TMob will "fix" this when and if the day comes.   

After 20 years, I dropped Sprint and ported my number Monday.   Service and speeds are so much better and way more stable where I am now.  No regrets.  

Well another thing that works against even T-Mobile and even Sprint and to a certain extent AT&T is site density it's absolutely horrible here because of the not in my backyard people

• Like 1

On 5/16/2018 at 7:07 PM, danlodish345 said:

Well another thing that works against even T-Mobile and even Sprint and to a certain extent AT&T is site density it's absolutely horrible here because of the not in my backyard people

Still way better in my experiences than you-know-who.  Both at home and work.  (Work at a large Auto Company and across the street form a national tourist attraction).   Wrote many letters and emails to those involved at the former provider.  They didn't care.    Then you compound the issue with very little low band and bingo.    

Edited by dro1984
fixed mis-spell

55 minutes ago, RedSpark said:

Sprint sure loves its robots!!!

I would love to see Sprint target AT&T since they  are in some ways on par or better. 

These robots would be great for their 5G marketing. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, RedSpark said:

Sprint sure loves its robots!!!

I like this commercial.  Entertaining.  Gets the point across.  A+

Robert

• Like 1

8 hours ago, dro1984 said:

Still way better in my experiences than you-know-who.  Both at home and work.  (Work at a large Auto Company and across the street form a national tourist attraction).   Wrote many letters and emails to those involved at the former provider.  They didn't care.    Then you compound the issue with very little low band and bingo.    

Well they need low band as well. Just high band and mid band won't do them any good. They need site density very badly where I live and with Sprint having little to no low-band here and horrible site then say just like T-Mobile and AT&T there's a lot of work to be done. But I can definitely say that General LTE coverage on the highway through my town has improved along with the speeds. But the quality and density of the network needs to be really worked upon.

• Like 1

https://www.sprint.com/change

Looks like older Unlimited Plans are being retired in the coming months. Those customers are getting moved onto Unlimited Freedom. This is a pretty big deal!!! Goodbye Everything Data...

Otherwise, Customers have the option to end their agreements without a Termination Fee. However, customers are still responsible for device costs/payments.

1 hour ago, RedSpark said:
Looks like older Unlimited Plans are being retired in the coming months. Those customers are getting moved onto Unlimited Freedom. This is a pretty big deal!!! Goodbye Everything Data...
Otherwise, Customers have the option to end their agreements without a Termination Fee. However, customers are still responsible for device costs/payments.

Only old unlimited plans so far, not the ED plans at the moment!

9d927c01f6e7bf59f4bd2ca2589a63ac.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

• Like 3

1 hour ago, RedSpark said:

ED is unaffected. 

• Like 5

31 minutes ago, lilotimz said:

ED is unaffected. 

Framily, Unlimited My, My Way and ED, what other plans could they be talking about? 

• Like 1

why was framily plan a flop?

Your guess is as good as mine. To me that plan appeared as though it was a pyramid scheme to get a cheaper price.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, danlodish345 said:

why was framily plan a flop?

On a normal shared plan you can put anyone you want on it but if you do and they fail to pay then you are responsible for the whole bill, so only a limited number of people would risk this.

But for FRAMILY you could have anyone on your plan to help reduce costs and not be responsible to pay the whole bill.  You could put complete strangers on your plan and never had to worry.  So many people were doing this that Sprint was losing more money then they had imagined.  So they said "it was too confusing for people"

Even the sales people at the Sprint stores themselves were putting complete starngers together to help you save.

In a nutshell it worked TOO well and Sprint lost money.

But of course company execs would never be dishonest,  right?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, NEBRASKACHERS said:

On a normal shared plan you can put anyone you want on it but if you do and they fail to pay then you are responsible for the whole bill, so only a limited number of people would risk this.

But for FRAMILY you could have anyone on your plan to help reduce costs and not be responsible to pay the whole bill.  You could put complete strangers on your plan and never had to worry.  So many people were doing this that Sprint was losing more money then they had imagined.  So they said "it was too confusing for people"

Even the sales people at the Sprint stores themselves were putting complete starngers together to help you save.

In a nutshell it worked TOO well and Sprint lost money.

But of course company execs would never be dishonest,  right?

Exactly they were being dishonest as well. So the whole thing from what you told me was a serious flop.

Used car salesman tactics... very distasteful!     

My old unlimited plan would have been affected,(terminated)  because they had no limits on Video quality (1080p now) and no limits on streaming music etc at certain bandwidth maximums....   They have what everyone else has now... put limits on everything.  I think all the "Unlimited" data plans all have caps for all that now.        

19 hours ago, RedSpark said:

Did this come via email/sms or a bill insert?