Marcelo Claure, Town Hall Meetings, New Family Share Pack Plan, Unlimited Individual Plan, Discussion Thread

joshuam

9 hours ago, utiz4321 said:

That is simply not true. The spectrum is worth what people believe it to be worth. Dish can borrow against it, that perceived value is built into their stock price and it is built into any calculation of any prespective buyer of the company. Value is subjective. 

Right now, nobody is moving to acquire the spectrum. Dish has not borrowed against it. The perceived value of their spectrum will fall further once these other bands are opened up. 

1 hour ago, bigsnake49 said:

Right now, nobody is moving to acquire the spectrum. Dish has not borrowed against it. The perceived value of their spectrum will fall further once these other bands are opened up. 

Not to mention 4x4, 8x8, massive MIMO, 256QAM, small cells...

2 hours ago, bigsnake49 said:

I wouldnt make that bet. Spectrum is finite and IoT is the big bet wireless is making. That will put further demand on wireless networks. 

Just now, Tengen31 said:

Interesting

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Footnote 1:

Don’t give us a red card… Sprint Magic Box is real, but Sprint Magic Ball isn’t. Happy April Fools’ Day!

Footnote 1:
Don’t give us a red card… Sprint Magic Box is real, but Sprint Magic Ball isn’t. Happy April Fools’ Day!
Lol. Its not that day yet. So your really got me there

37 minutes ago, Tengen31 said:

Lol. Its not that day yet. So your really got me there

Hmm I just found out that Sprint is acquiring dish pcs spectrum....    April FOOL'S ! Happy spring everyone ;)

The key takeaway is that Sprint is launching massive MIMO NEXT MONTH.  Did ya'll catch that?
Over the whole network footprint or just the select cities we heard about recently?

4 minutes ago, Tengen31 said:

Over the whole network footprint or just the select cities we heard about recently?

Select cities of course. Would be impossible for the whole network, as new antennas are required. 

Select cities of course. Would be impossible for the whole network, as new antennas are required. 
Any idea when 4x4 mimo will be over the whole network? Band 41/25?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, nexgencpu said:

It would be amazing if Sprint was able to finally fire up 256QAM+4x4MIMO on most Sprint B41 equipment and also some basic level of Massive MIMO in April.

I will assume software upgrades remotely?

Exciting things are afoot. But I am also lucky enough to be in the first wave. 
What kind of things are you talking about?