Marcelo Claure, Town Hall Meetings, New Family Share Pack Plan, Unlimited Individual Plan, Discussion Thread

joshuam

4 minutes ago, though said:

I hope that's per year.

I would hope so. They did come out and say that they were going to spend upwards to 6bil this year. 

At the 28 minute mark he says "if your a voice user you don't give a shit about data quality" [emoji23]

And most heavier data users don’t care that much about voice quality.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Fraydog said:

And most heavier data users don’t care that much about voice quality.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That was his point. Different users use their phones differently and sprint knows which are which. 

• Like 2

Couldn't help myself.  Got to work today and went to put my lunch in the fridge.  I noticed the microwave, did a double-take, then took this picture:

1589941216690920442%253Faccount_id%253D0

I sent it to my wife with a note, "We must have good reception on the microwave today.  4 bars."

I'll show myself out.

- Trip

• Like 5
  • Love 1
  • Haha 16

3 hours ago, Trip said:

Couldn't help myself.  Got to work today and went to put my lunch in the fridge.  I noticed the microwave, did a double-take, then took this picture:

1589941216690920442%253Faccount_id%253D0

I sent it to my wife with a note, "We must have good reception on the microwave today.  4 bars."

I'll show myself out.

- Trip

I knew they were coming out with a new magic box, but i never would have thought. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 5

43 minutes ago, utiz4321 said:

I knew they were coming out with a new magic box, but i never would have thought. 

Coming next:  "Announcing Magic Box 5.0 - in addition to improved reception, it's a combination hookah and coffee maker! It slices, dices, and makes julienne fries!"

• Like 8
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, PythonFanPA said:

Coming next:  "Announcing Magic Box 5.0 - in addition to improved reception, it's a combination hookah and coffee maker! It slices, dices, and makes julienne fries!"

Now with more non-ionizing radiation!

• Like 4

2 hours ago, PythonFanPA said:

Have They started the pre-order yet? 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, PythonFanPA said:

Will not break!

• Like 4

5 hours ago, utiz4321 said:

I'm more concerned that whoever wrote that note is seriously scaling back on employee break room capex!

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, JonnygATL said:

I'm more concerned that whoever wrote that note is seriously scaling back on employee break room capex!

Which note, the one about the microwave?  Yeah, that's working in government.

- Trip

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

That area laying off there. Not saying it's good cause it's not. They area planning on opening more Sprint and Boost stores so maybe that is where jobs will be.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

11 hours ago, belusnecropolis said:

It is called net job creation. It does the company no good to maintain an inefficient labor structure. Eventually that leads to 100% of people in that company losing their job.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Tengen31 said:

That area laying off there. Not saying it's good cause it's not. They area planning on opening more Sprint and Boost stores so maybe that is where jobs will be.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

6,000?! Mother of Christ! That's a lot of employees.

I hate to say this, but they need to trim more fat. T-Mobile has had all this success and runs a larger network, yet they only have ~4,800 employees in Bellevue! Sprint KC-HQ needs a good "Office Space" style auditing.

XAL2Egf.gif

• Like 1

10 hours ago, belusnecropolis said:

What does an announcement from over a year ago about potentially bringing back off-shored call center jobs/ expanding sales postions have to do with an announcement about layoffs a year later at headquarters? I don't expect everyone here to have a working knowledge of corporate finance, but at a fundamental level Sprint is a company that has been losing money for a decade. They're also stating that they're going to ramp up Capex and are showing signs with the recent spectrum backed debt and non-secured debt offerings that this is the case. Something has to give. Continued cost cutting is absolutely essential so long as the operating side of Sprint isn't making enough money to cover the company's financial obligations (especially with the company ramping up to spend significantly more the next several years). 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, greenbastard said:

6,000?! Mother of Christ! That's a lot of employees.

I hate to say this, but they need to trim more fat. T-Mobile has had all this success and runs a larger network, yet they only have ~4,800 employees in Bellevue! Sprint KC-HQ needs a good "Office Space" style auditing.

Example: 30-50 T-mobile employees do (better) work compared to up to 200 Sprint employees on similar projects. 

53 minutes ago, lilotimz said:

Example: 30-50 T-mobile employees do (better) work compared to up to 200 Sprint employees on similar projects. 

I wonder if it's because where the company is headquartered.  

4 hours ago, runagun said:

I wonder if it's because where the company is headquartered.  

I’d guess it’s more closely related to employee selection and qualification, incentives and company culture. 

Sprint is definitely turning that around but they still have a decent way to go. 

• Like 2

Quick question, I have Everything 450, w/unlimited calling and the international add-on from a couple years ago paying $ 72 a month. Does anyone believe moving to Unlimited Freedom make sense? I have Pre ordered the S9+ @ full price already . Thanks for any help given