Marcelo Claure, Town Hall Meetings, New Family Share Pack Plan, Unlimited Individual Plan, Discussion Thread

joshuam

22 hours ago, greenbastard said:

This explains the permits Sprint purchased in Houston these past three months.

Bye-bye Clearwire equipment. I can't say you will be missed.

Can you show me how to look up permits?

4 hours ago, avb said:

Can you show me how to look up permits?

http://www.cohtora.houstontx.gov/approot/soldpermits/online_permit.htm

Not very easy to look up. Even searching by address turns up nothing at times. Your best bet is to search by keyword (i.e. "Sprint", "antenna", "Nextel", "Clearwire", etc.). Forget about looking up small cells. It's nearly impossible.

Good luck. If you have a zip, I can help you look up towers near you to see if they have purchased permits recently.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, jamesinclair said:

Stopped by a Sprint store.

"Are you looking to open a line with us?"

"No I-"

"If you don't care about your phone number we can move you to a new account and you will only pay $8 a month for the Galaxy S8!"

Interesting business practice.

3rd party or corporate store?

7 minutes ago, greenbastard said:

http://www.cohtora.houstontx.gov/approot/soldpermits/online_permit.htm

Not very easy to look up. Even searching by address turns up nothing at times. Your best bet is to search by keyword (i.e. "Sprint", "antenna", "Nextel", "Clearwire", etc.). Forget about looking up small cells. It's nearly impossible.

Good luck. If you have a zip, I can help you look up towers near you to see if they have purchased permits recently.

Great - thanks!.  I was able to find permits using "Sprint" with the category "Owner Occupant". I think I found this site before in the past and tried to search for small cells using Mobilitie but couldn't find anything.

1 hour ago, avb said:

Great - thanks!.  I was able to find permits using "Sprint" with the category "Owner Occupant". I think I found this site before in the past and tried to search for small cells using Mobilitie but couldn't find anything.

It's nearly impossible to find small cells. Even searching for Zayo turns up permits for general areas and not specific locations. Mobilitie sort of disappeared after last year's super bowl. They've purchased a few permits since then but nothing like Zayo. Verizon has also stepped in and purchased a few of their own small cells permits.

To mobilitie's credit, they have been active in suburbs and smaller towns trying to fill in gaps. I don't believe Houston proper is a priority for them but that could change soon.

21 hours ago, cyclone said:

I'm on the fence with switching from Unlimited My Way to the current unlimited plan. Is the hotspot worth the "limitations" on video streaming? Can't decide if I should make the switch before any price changes which have been looming lately

As Redspark mentioned, what limitations? 1080p streaming is included in the plan. I don't see a reason right now to stream 4k to your phone... 

I'm on the Unlimited Freedom plan and have not seen any indications of any limitations on streaming or data use of any kind.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Dkoellerwx said:

As Redspark mentioned, what limitations? 1080p streaming is included in the plan. I don't see a reason right now to stream 4k to your phone... 

I'm on the Unlimited Freedom plan and have not seen any indications of any limitations on streaming or data use of any kind.

Hence my quotation marks. I'm well aware that video above 1080p is overkill on a phone screen and the gaming and music caps are well more than enough for any usage. My only real concern is the restriction on using a vpn, but I don't use that enough alone to hit the 10GB cap. My question was if the switch is worth it. I went ahead and walked into a store today after work to have my plan switched over at the beginning of my next cycle.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cyclone said:

Hence my quotation marks. I'm well aware that video above 1080p is overkill on a phone screen and the gaming and music caps are well more than enough for any usage. My only real concern is the restriction on using a vpn, but I don't use that enough alone to hit the 10GB cap. My question was if the switch is worth it. I went ahead and walked into a store today after work to have my plan switched over at the beginning of my next cycle.

I rarely use the hotspot, but just having it at the same (or slightly less) price as my old plan was worth it enough for me. 

• Like 2

Have we confirmed they're actually limiting VPN usage? I'm also curious how they identify it, if it's just to certain popular VPNs or if they do DPI or something.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

23 hours ago, jamesinclair said:

Stopped by a Sprint store.

"Are you looking to open a line with us?"

"No I-"

"If you don't care about your phone number we can move you to a new account and you will only pay $8 a month for the Galaxy S8!"

Interesting business practice.

Bad business practices. It is basically commission fraud. 

• Like 3

On 3/1/2018 at 11:21 AM, imex99 said:

BIG news today from @FCC could help cut extreme costs & long delays for @Sprint Next-Gen Network deployment. Thanks to @BrendanCarrFCC @AjitPaiFCC for leadership. #5G #5Gready https://t.co/VaWbPU8Hyk https://t.co/ffD3smqf9I

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

It’s actually happening! I’m excited. 

• Like 3

Can anyone confirm if the "Ultra HD" option is still offered by Sprint? I was trying to get it added, but the supervisor rep I talked with claims it's no longer available. It's still showing on Sprint's site though.

He said if i knew the SOC code he could try to add it.

Thanks!

Ultra HD Option on Sprint Site

Add Ultra HD for just $10/mo./line.

It’s a new Sprint option that gives you the highest quality streaming available based upon the network, connection, device and content at the time of streaming.  

Sprint told to stop bashing Verzion
NAD came at Sprint about their ads towards Verizon. That ad is old and I don't even recall seeing it in months. 
Sprint isn't one to talk given that there network is still the slowest. Not always true but on average it is.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Tengen31 said:

Sprint isn't one to talk given that there network is still the slowest. Not always true but on average it is.

Yes its getting better but still a ways to go. What did stick out to me and Sprint falling on their face was this:

"The watchdog also said Sprint "did not provide a reasonable basis for its claims that Sprint Unlimited provides a superior overall experience than that of Verizon Unlimited."

Yes its getting better but still a ways to go. What did stick out to me and Sprint falling on their face was this:
"The watchdog also said Sprint "did not provide a reasonable basis for its claims that Sprint Unlimited provides a superior overall experience than that of Verizon Unlimited."
Yep. I know it's getting better. I wonder if Sprint new macro site's really are LTE only I wonder if it's possible to do 10x10 in cities with CDMA sites only have 5x5 on the LTE only sites?

New CFO Michel Combs just did his first conference Q&A with Deutsche Bank, only caught the tail end of it. He mentioned 6B CapEx for next 2 to 3 years, making triband on every site and 5G main priority.

• Like 5