Marcelo Claure, Town Hall Meetings, New Family Share Pack Plan, Unlimited Individual Plan, Discussion Thread

joshuam

Well my view is that is Sprint can raise prices and invest in their Network they will have much more free cash coming in to actually expand LTE coverage and continue to invest intensification where they need to. I have noticed Improvement in my area. But lots of work so has to be done. I'm all for Sprint raising prices though as this will give them the muscle they need to continue the investment in the network.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I agree. I’m shocked they didn’t speak on raising prices this year. The UF plan honestly should be more and not $65 especially since it had 1080p video standard. Even in my use I’m able to stream YouTube at 1440p with no issues. I my area Sprint is great and works the way I need it too. I do see them doing a stronger PR move as the network gets stronger. Sending devices for review so that reviewer can test the network on said device. Honestly I would be mad or shocked if they did a test drive like program like what T-Mobile had. It’ll be a great way to break the stigma about the network. It worked for T-Mobile.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree. I’m shocked they didn’t speak on raising prices this year. The UF plan honestly should be more and not $65 especially since it had 1080p video standard. Even in my use I’m able to stream YouTube at 1440p with no issues. I my area Sprint is great and works the way I need it too. I do see them doing a stronger PR move as the network gets stronger. Sending devices for review so that reviewer can test the network on said device. Honestly I would be mad or shocked if they did a test drive like program like what T-Mobile had. It’ll be a great way to break the stigma about the network. It worked for T-Mobile.

Yes but unfortunately due to the network issues they had and over-promising and under-delivering damaged their brand very heavily. If they can continue down this positive path spring and definitely become better stronger and bigger but their Network has to be behind their PR reputation.

Yes but unfortunately due to the network issues they had and over-promising and under-delivering damaged their brand very heavily. If they can continue down this positive path spring and definitely become better stronger and bigger but their Network has to be behind their PR reputation.

I agree 100%. Timing is going to be everything. I do wish they didn’t throw all there’s plans out in the open.The media is going to hold Sprint to it. They can’t take another blow with the network not meeting their goal. I as well as everyone here just wants Sprint is quickly execute and either meet or exceed their goal. It would be nice if Sprint with all their boasting for what they are going to do this year put out a projected coverage map.

I agree 100%. Timing is going to be everything. I do wish they didn’t throw all there’s plans out in the open.The media is going to hold Sprint to it. They can’t take another blow with the network not meeting their goal. I as well as everyone here just wants Sprint is quickly execute and either meet or exceed their goal. It would be nice if Sprint with all their boasting for what they are going to do this year put out a projected coverage map.

Yes if you threw out all your plans for your network right there your competitors will find ways to undermine it. Sprint really needs to fix the coverage problem first. I've notice increased coverage in the areas I travel infrequently.. but it has improved. Coverage and consistency and reliability need to be on Sprint's priority list. So I will be watching with interest what they do with my town and their Network here. I just hope for the best.

Yes if you threw out all your plans for your network right there your competitors will find ways to undermine it. Sprint really needs to fix the coverage problem first. I've notice increased coverage in the areas I travel infrequently.. but it has improved. Coverage and consistency and reliability need to be on Sprint's priority list. So I will be watching with interest what they do with my town and their Network here. I just hope for the best.

We all are hoping for the best. However I do like how after Sprint made the commitment they would have nationwide 5G in the first half of 2019, T-Mobile changed their 5G plans to next year instead of 2020. Sprints announcement definitely put fire up under John and his team. Not too sure but maybe they figured that with what Saw is trying to do will really cause damage and make Sprint a force with their 2.5. T-Mobile really wanted that 2.5 for 5G.

Well T-Mobile has 600 megahertz band. In my area it would not be enough for 5G service. They only bought 10 megahertz here. Sprint and Verizon have the most Spectrum for my area. So those two other most Suited for 5th generation Network deployment. T-Mobile has a poultry 50 something megahertz of total Spectrum available for deployment. But but Sprint has much much more to deploy so we will see what happens. They actually densified in my area a little bit. There's a new mini micro near where I live.

Well T-Mobile has 600 megahertz band. In my area it would not be enough for 5G service. They only bought 10 megahertz here. Sprint and Verizon have the most Spectrum for my area. So those two other most Suited for 5th generation Network deployment. T-Mobile has a poultry 50 something megahertz of total Spectrum available for deployment. But but Sprint has much much more to deploy so we will see what happens. They actually densified in my area a little bit. There's a new mini micro near where I live.

Nice! There’s so many permits popping up all over in different states and stuff being turned on.

I’m still not 100% sold on 600 being used for 5G. MMwave I guess is going to be most important and the 600 will somehow complement it. I know TMO owns some but not sure as to how much and where.

Nice! There’s so many permits popping up all over in different states and stuff being turned on.

I’m still not 100% sold on 600 being used for 5G. MMwave I guess is going to be most important and the 600 will somehow complement it. I know TMO owns some but not sure as to how much and where.

No but I do agree with you though Sprint definitely has the upper hand when it comes to the 5th generation Spectrum. They have tons of it all across my area so it's just a matter of getting the proper permits to deploy it on the towers or do the hardware upgrades on remaining towers.

No but I do agree with you though Sprint definitely has the upper hand when it comes to the 5th generation Spectrum. They have tons of it all across my area so it's just a matter of getting the proper permits to deploy it on the towers or do the hardware upgrades on remaining towers.

Right. Sprint has always had the tools to give the other 3 a run for their money and being a force. The problem has always been execution. Hopefully this year their execution woes are forever behind them.

Right. Sprint has always had the tools to give the other 3 a run for their money and being a force. The problem has always been execution. Hopefully this year their execution woes are forever behind them.

I do hope they can execute and deploy better...my market needs a ton of work...if they can do it. I may consider coming back to Sprint postpaid..I m on boost Mobile...but all in all the speeds I get where I live are very fast...so Sprint is heading in the right direction. Let's hope they can keep it up.

I do hope they can execute and deploy better...my market needs a ton of work...if they can do it. I may consider coming back to Sprint postpaid..I m on boost Mobile...but all in all the speeds I get where I live are very fast...so Sprint is heading in the right direction. Let's hope they can keep it up.

They definitely are heading in the right direction. My biggest wish is to get VoLTE this year on my iPhone. It was encouraging to see those reports last week that some iPhones were able to initiate calls and still have data.

That's definitely true I saw reports as well about it. So Sprint might be doing testing in certain areas of the country. I'm not sure but that might be the case.

Could be testing but more investigating is needed.

Could be testing but more investigating is needed.

Unfortunately I'm on Boost Mobile so I don't have access to said feature. But I do hope they release it for Boost Mobile at some point.

Unfortunately I'm on Boost Mobile so I don't have access to said feature. But I do hope they release it for Boost Mobile at some point.

I’m sure they will in due time. I’ve been able to do a WiFi call and have to transfer to LTE and driving around town, the person on the other end said I was clear and wasn’t breaking up at all. If Sprint were to do a city by city or whatever kinda of staggered launch I would hope my city is in the first round.

I’m sure they will in due time. I’ve been able to do a WiFi call and have to transfer to LTE and driving around town, the person on the other end said I was clear and wasn’t breaking up at all. If Sprint were to do a city by city or whatever kinda of staggered launch I would hope my city is in the first round.

Well I do hope to get the ball rolling on these plants it would be great for them.

I do hope so because I like Boost Mobile

13 hours ago, AppleFanBoy said:

Question about the unlimited data promotion for $100 for five lines. I had an online rep try to get me to switch my 40GB share plan to unlimited. I currently have 5 lines. Said I could get the promotion price. I told him it would save me about $11 a month until the promotion ends March of next year then the price would almost double. He said Sprint should have another promotion by then. I asked if he could guarantee I would be eligible for the offer. He said I would. I guess my question is for those who’ve been on the promotion long enough has anyone let it expire and have to pay more or did you get on another promotion price?

If you think you’ll want to have Unlimited Freedom at some point in the future, I suggest getting it now at the current pricing instead of doing it at higher pricing in the future, which seems a certainty to happen. Also, 40 GB of shared data becomes more limiting over time as mobile data evolves to 5G and higher usage goes along with it.

I know Network stuff is set to ramp up, and I hope Sprint plans to post more updates on its progress in different markets as its towers are upgraded to Triband and new towers are built.

For the 40GB, it would depend on how it is actually being used.  If aren't even close, I may not worry too much. Plus do you see any lines being shed over the next 3~5yrs?  As consumers use more data and 5G delivers faster speeds, codecs will continue to get better and/or utilized to help keep data usage to a minimum.  Plus with current caps in place, there is already a check on how much you can us.  Also 1080p will be more than enough streaming resolution a phone would ever need. Anything above that is just a waste of bandwidth.

I'd rather not get boned with a much higher bill than before, that is unless you are constantly hitting your 40GB cap.

I'd just remember what Sprint has done the last  years.  Post some solid or OK CAPEX spending only to not spend it.  I want Sprint to spend every dollar they say they will spend, but recent history shows us that CAPEX spending is all talk. 

If you think you’ll want to have Unlimited Freedom at some point in the future, I suggest getting it now at the current pricing instead of doing it at higher pricing in the future, which seems a certainty to happen. Also, 40 GB of shared data becomes more limiting over time as mobile data evolves to 5G and higher usage goes along with it.

Yea now is the time to get on UF at its current price point minus the promos. Even if they do switch to it, there’s no guarantee that these plans will be compatible with 5G, it could become a situation where access to 5G is a add-on for UF at a certain price or they’ll be some 5G dedicated plan.

• Like 1

Question about the unlimited data promotion for $100 for five lines. I had an online rep try to get me to switch my 40GB share plan to unlimited. I currently have 5 lines. Said I could get the promotion price. I told him it would save me about $11 a month until the promotion ends March of next year then the price would almost double. He said Sprint should have another promotion by then. I asked if he could guarantee I would be eligible for the offer. He said I would. I guess my question is for those who’ve been on the promotion long enough has anyone let it expire and have to pay more or did you get on another promotion price?

Instead of replying to all those who expressed their thoughts to my post I figured I would just respond to my initial post. Everyone gave me some good things to think about (like 5g). However currently we only use half our 40 GB pool and when it’s depleted we would simply drop down to 2g speeds until the next cycle. 2 of the lines are for 2 of my children who i have capped at 3GB each via Sprints online tool.

Right now for 5 lines I only pay $111 before taxes and fees. I know it’s a sweet heart deal that includes an employee discount and may not last forever but again my thinking is I would only save $11 a month for a year then it would go up to $190 or more. Do not want to take that risk unless I absolutely had too and right now I do not.

• Like 4

Looks like Marcelo recently met with Ajit Pai, FCC Chairman of the FCC:

https://ecfsapi.fcc.gov/file/1020841294284/Ex parte 020618 Pai.pdf

Hopefully the FCC can accelerate the 800 MHz rebanding process so that Sprint can finally put this chapter behind it.

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, RedSpark said:

Looks like Marcelo recently met with Ajit Pai, FCC Chairman of the FCC:

https://ecfsapi.fcc.gov/file/1020841294284/Ex parte 020618 Pai.pdf

Hopefully the FCC can accelerate the 800 MHz rebanding process so that Sprint can finally put this chapter behind it.

For everyones sake. It's been long enough. 

• Like 2

https://www.fiercetelecom.com/telecom/sprint-rebuilds-federal-public-sector-market-presence-taps-felix-to-lead-new-division

I’m glad to see Sprint refocusing on the Federal Sector, and tapping an experienced leader for the initiative.

Chris Felix will be the VP of government solutions and lead the effort. He has 27 years in the telecom industry, including several years at Verizon!

“Prior to coming to Sprint, Felix served as the VP of federal government sales for Verizon Wireless. During his three-year tenure leading Verizon Wireless’ federal efforts, Felix established contracts with several federal civilian and defense agencies, including the FBI, Secret Service, GSA, the Department of Commerce and the Department of Defense.”

Time for Sprint’s DC/MD/VA Network to get some CapEx!

• Like 3