Marcelo Claure, Town Hall Meetings, New Family Share Pack Plan, Unlimited Individual Plan, Discussion Thread

joshuam

9 minutes ago, Rawvega said:

Not quite. Swiftel is still limping along.

OK, I thought they were gone.  They probably should be gone.  To be fair about it, I do not travel through the Swiftel area or live there, so I should not be commenting about their service, good or bad.

2 minutes ago, Tengen31 said:

Any 20x20 from them yet?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

We have Band 41 on sites that need it.  Have some 10X10 band 25 at some places.   Some of the Shentel territory is rural, and it just does not make sense to activate everything that may be possible. 

18 minutes ago, chamb said:

OK, I thought they were gone.  They probably should be gone.  To be fair about it, I do not travel through the Swiftel area or live there, so I should not be commenting about their service, good or bad.

IIRC the general consensus from people who live in the area or have travelled through their territory is that they're quite horrible. :(

We have Band 41 on sites that need it.  Have some 10X10 band 25 at some places.   Some of the Shentel territory is rural, and it just does not make sense to activate everything that may be possible. 
Why not? That would make Sprint a big contender in that area.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Tengen31 said:

Why not? That would make Sprint a big contender in that area.

Sure it would be nice to have Band 41 in every corner, but if you saw how rural some of these areas are, you would not spend the money to activate band 41 either.  When you have more cows and cornstalks than people, you need cell service but you do not need 3xCA band 41. if you have two band 25 channels running at 20 down each, would you spend thousands to add band 41?

Sure it would be nice to have Band 41 in every corner, but if you saw how rural some of these areas are, you would not spend the money to activate band 41 either.  When you have more cows and cornstalks than people, you need cell service but you do not need 3xCA band 41. if you have two band 25 channels running at 20 down each, would you spend thousands to add band 41?
I was actually talking about B25 since 20x20 is possible in that area. If I'm thinking of the right area. Wasn't talking about B41. For that B41 would be if the 20x20 plus 10x10 along with B26 slows down

3 hours ago, RedSpark said:

Would it ever make sense for Sprint to acquire Shentel or does the current affiliate agreement make more sense?

Makes sense. Shentel is paying for the network deployment for those specific areas. Less work for Sprint. 

2 hours ago, Tengen31 said:

I was actually talking about B25 since 20x20 is possible in that area. If I'm thinking of the right area. Wasn't talking about B41. For that B41 would be if the 20x20 plus 10x10 along with B26 slows down

20X20 on band 25 could be possible in some of the rural areas but I have not seen it anywhere.  Some of the more populated areas that I frequent do not have it either, probably because CDMA voice is still needed.

20X20 on band 25 could be possible in some of the rural areas but I have not seen it anywhere.  Some of the more populated areas that I frequent do not have it either, probably because CDMA voice is still needed.
From what I've heard 20x20 is possible with Spectrum still left for CDMA

I know Sprint has the Hulu arrangement, and perhaps we’ll see a discounted “Live TV” plan for Sprint customers soon.

However, did Sprint miss out on an opportunity here?

http://www.multichannel.com/news/content/t-mobile-paid-325-million-layer3-tv/418030

I know Sprint has the Hulu arrangement, and perhaps we’ll see a discounted “Live TV” plan for Sprint customers soon.
http://www.multichannel.com/news/content/t-mobile-paid-325-million-layer3-tv/418030
Sprint will be better off keeping that 325 million tord the network.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, chamb said:

Alcatel-Lucent PCS CDMA / LTE equipment do not support 15x15 or 20x20.  Up to 10x10 per carrier. 10+5 CA possible. Don't think 10+10 and up is not. 

Need to double up on radio / antennas to use that equipment as its configured. 

Alcatel-Lucent PCS CDMA / LTE equipment do not support 15x15 or 20x20.  Up to 10x10 per carrier. 10+5 CA possible. Don't think 10+10 and up is not. 

Need to double up on radio / antennas to use that equipment as its configured. 
What does it take to do 15x15 of higher? What's the Orlando market for equipment I can't remember?

25 minutes ago, Tengen31 said:

Sprint will be better off keeping that 325 million tord the network.

Normally I’d agree with you, but $325 Million for an established IP TV platform is a deal.

Sprint currently has its own Sprint TV service, which never seems to get mentioned at all.

The Sprint Website contains these old pages:

https://shop2.sprint.com/en/services/power_vision/sprint_tv.shtml

https://www.sprint.com/landings/tvguide/

The Sprint TV App for iOS currently has a 1.2 Star Rating and it hasn’t been updated in a year.

The Android App was last updated in October 2017, and has a better rating: 2.8 Stars.

I think Sprint would have been better off putting the money that it put into TIDAL into this instead. TIDAL seems like a dead end to me, and I’m not sure Sprint will ever make its money back on its investment.

2 hours ago, RedSpark said:

Do you realize how much more money you be shelling out to run a cable operation with channel contracts and the like, asking  to be paid more with each contract renewal. That's a chore all on its own and Legere will find out. 

2 hours ago, Tengen31 said:

What does it take to do 15x15 of higher? What's the Orlando market for equipment I can't remember?

Orlando has Ericsson B25 equipment. Samsung B25 equipment has recently been certified for 15x15 too. ALU B25 equipment has not.

3 hours ago, kg4icg said:

Do you realize how much more money you be shelling out to run a cable operation with channel contracts and the like, asking  to be paid more with each contract renewal. That's a chore all on its own and Legere will find out. 

Isn’t Sprint already paying carriage fees with its TV App?

64a5c31ec2a8ff4754627a888da22341.jpg

Minus the upload speeds, do these numbers really show a difference in real world usage? I don’t think so. It is good to see Sprint have a average above 20mbps now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, RedSpark said:

Isn’t Sprint already paying carriage fees with its TV App?

Actually, the consumer is paying for it when they have a certain package or channels initiated. Owning a cable company is another matter all in its own. 

37 minutes ago, derrph said:

Minus the upload speeds, do these numbers really show a difference in real world usage? I don’t think so. It is good to see Sprint have a average above 20mbps now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wonder if Nationwide 4x4 mimo 256qam will help? Sprint needs that more than anyone. Same for 64qam on up

• Like 1