Marcelo Claure, Town Hall Meetings, New Family Share Pack Plan, Unlimited Individual Plan, Discussion Thread

joshuam

1 hour ago, JThorson said:

Thing is we've heard things like this before. I am really hoping Sprint can execute on this. What I'm worried about though is even if they get their network to be the best in the country, it is still associated with the Sprint name and people still despise them. I hope I am wrong and that Sprint blows everything out of the water.

That is where advertising comes it. It will take time but as quality improves perceptions do change. A similar thing happen with ATT in the phoenix market. 8-9 years ago it had the worse network and consumer's knew it, now it is thought of as good as VZW or the best. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, utiz4321 said:

That is where advertising comes it. It will take time but as quality improves perceptions do change. A similar thing happen with ATT in the phoenix market. 8-9 years ago it had the worse network and consumer's knew it, now it is thought of as good as VZW or the best. 

Prime Case - Tmobile in the past few years.

If they can do it. Sprint can. 

• Like 8

4 minutes ago, nexgencpu said:

Before even clicking on the link I knew that it had to be Legere's boy, Roger Cheng and sure enough...

• Like 3

1 hour ago, caspar347 said:

I'm guessing now that the merger is off they realize they're gonna have to match T-Mobile's huge-ish rural-ish buildout over the last year.

No. Why?  Build out places where most people will not go anytime soon, if ever?  And if most people think that they might, for example, go to Wyoming, they are gullible and/or stupid.  I would rather that Sprint not go "chasing stupid"-- even if that might move the needle in perception.  Instead, focus on being the best that Sprint can be in places where most people already are most of the time -- and that largely is within the established footprint  

AJ

• Like 1

1 minute ago, WiWavelength said:

No. Why?  Build out places where most people will not go anytime soon, if ever?  And if most people think that they might, for example, go to Wyoming, they are gullible and/or stupid.  I would rather that Sprint not go "chasing stupid"-- even if that might move the needle in perception.  Instead, focus on being the best that Sprint can be in places where most people already are most of the time -- and that largely is within the established footprint  

AJ

Good point. It wouldn't make sense to try and blanket as much of the country as possible, which does seem to be the goal for T-Mobile.

But I still think they have room to improve in sub/exurbs and small-ish towns. And those places are best served by old fashioned macro tower additions, so it's nice to see Sprint indicate they are renewing focus on that type of investment.

37 minutes ago, nexgencpu said:

If that's the case I will jump ship, Sprint can't afford to charge more.

8 minutes ago, BlueAngel said:

If that's the case I will jump ship, Sprint can't afford to charge more.

Regardless if they raise prices by 5 or 10 dollars it's highly likely that they will remain the least expensive post paid service. 

They are well aware that until service perception changes, they are in no position to charge more than the others.

2 hours ago, derrph said:

True. I guess the good thing here is they already have b26/b25 ready to go for those rural areas is just getting it on those towers.  

Sprint has their work cut out for them. I feel like this is the last straw as far as people taking Sprint for their word. I do believe that Sprint can build a higher quality network than T-mobile.

I don't really believe Sprint anymore when it comes to their Network in their promises for upgrades. I don't really see them being believed by many people. Spring has made some progress in my area. But not enough to for me to justify switching back to them. So we will see what happens.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, WiWavelength said:

AJ

If Sprint wants to expand, as Marcelo says they are, then it's advisable that they cover every interstate and major transportation corridor.  Even the ones in Wyoming.  :)

• Like 9

9 minutes ago, danlodish345 said:

I don't really believe Sprint anymore when it comes to their Network in their promises for upgrades. I don't really see them being believed by many people. Spring has made some progress in my area. But not enough to for me to justify switching back to them. So we will see what happens.

it's hard to take their promises seriously but I can only blame myself because I have high expectations and expect things to happen overnight. 

I knew they weren't going to commit to their promises before because I knew the endgame was to merge with Tmobile so I questioned myself "Why is Sprint promising to have the best network, when they are going to merge with Tmobile soon?" so I just assumed their network promises included merging with Tmobile.

Now since the merging plans are dead, Masa Son and Sprint have no choice but to kick things into high gear.  I haven't listened to the webcast yet but based on your guys' feedback it was probably one of the best calls Marcelo did.

If Sprint can partner with Charter and possibly Dish Network (allow Dish to deploy its spectrum on its towers in exchange for allowing Sprint customers to access it) then I will be so happy lol.

Do you guys think Tmobile and Dish will pursue a deal?

• Like 1

it's hard to take their promises seriously but I can only blame myself because I have high expectations and expect things to happen overnight. 
I knew they weren't going to commit to their promises before because I knew the endgame was to merge with Tmobile so I questioned myself "Why is Sprint promising to have the best network, when they are going to merge with Tmobile soon?" so I just assumed their network promises included merging with Tmobile.
Now since the merging plans are dead, Masa Son and Sprint have no choice but to kick things into high gear.  I haven't listened to the webcast yet but based on your guys' feedback it was probably one of the best calls Marcelo did.
If Sprint can partner with Charter and possibly Dish Network (allow Dish to deploy its spectrum on its towers in exchange for allowing Sprint customers to access it) then I will be so happy lol.
Do you guys think Tmobile and Dish will pursue a deal?

I definitely have a feeling dish and T-Mobile will have a deal laid down on the table. There Spectrum Holdings line up a lot more with T-Mobile than Sprint. So I would speculate a deal with Dish is more favorable for T-Mobile.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, S4GRU said:

If Sprint wants to expand, as Marcelo says they are, then it's advisable that they cover every interstate and major transportation corridor.  Even the ones in Wyoming.  :)

Extending native footprint along I-80 is one thing.  But building new footprint off the beaten path in Fumblebuck, WY, as T-Mobile is doing, is another thing.  It has Magentans cheering, even though most of them will never ever use that coverage.

AJ

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, danlodish345 said:

I definitely have a feeling dish and T-Mobile will have a deal laid down on the table. There Spectrum Holdings line up a lot more with T-Mobile than Sprint. So I would speculate a deal with Dish is more favorable for T-Mobile.

Same but is Charlie Ergen ready to relinquish control? 

Same but is Charlie Ergen ready to relinquish control? 
That is a good question which I cannot answer. But we shall see was Sprint if they really invest in their Network or not. And that's also another question I cannot answer. The only thing I believe is action. If Sprint shows through action that they're serious about kicking the network upgrades into high gear then I will believe Sprint and maybe want to go back to them in the future.

2 minutes ago, danlodish345 said:

That is a good question which I cannot answer. But we shall see was Sprint if they really invest in their Network or not. And that's also another question I cannot answer. The only thing I believe is action. If Sprint shows through action that they're serious about kicking the network upgrades into high gear then I will believe Sprint and maybe want to go back to them in the future.

Same here man. We shall see. I’m planning to leave Verizon next year so we will see!!

2 hours ago, nexgencpu said:

I thought the merger was suppose to do that. Lol damned if you do, damned if you dont. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

I'm having an issue with the iPhone X I got, and as my only option at this point is going to Android, I was looking at the new HTC U11+ which doesn't look like it'll be sold in the US. As Sprint has had a good relationship history with HTC in the past, it would be nice if they could have an exclusive for the device. I would switch to Sprint if they did.

2 hours ago, WiWavelength said:

Extending native footprint along I-80 is one thing.  But building new footprint off the beaten path in Fumblebuck, WY, as T-Mobile is doing, is another thing.  It has Magentans cheering, even though most of them will never ever use that coverage.

AJ

I would settle for any coverage on I-80.

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, Dkoellerwx said:

A $5 a month increase is so horrible that you're gonna jump ship and probably end up paying $10 to $20 more a month? That makes sense. 

Depends on the coverage etc and if they improve or not, you can't charge more and give nothing in return.

• Like 1