Marcelo Claure, Town Hall Meetings, New Family Share Pack Plan, Unlimited Individual Plan, Discussion Thread

joshuam

11 hours ago, RedSpark said:

This merger doesn’t need to happen. Sprint has finally turned the corner on its network build. We just got a bunch of new extended coverage as well as an announcement from Gilat on October 16, 2016 about Sprint expanding its Contract to a Three Year Managed Services Project:

https://www.gilat.com/pressreleases/sprint-expands-gilat-contract-to-a-three-year-multi-million-dollar-managed-service-project/

Original announcement by Gilat was made on October 26, 2016:

https://www.gilat.com/pressreleases/gilats-satellite-based-cellular-backhaul-solution-selected-by-sprint-to-extend-lte-services-to-metro-edge-and-rural-areas-in-the-us/

This Gilat coverage can be deployed quickly it seems.

What would happen to that agreement in the case of a merger? Would Sprint senior management, who I assume are in a position to know about any pending merger announcements, really sign off on a Three Year Managed Service Project of this scope for Sprint less than 10 days before an Earnings Announcement?

I agree with you but sprint still has improvements that need to be made on the network. i was at a wedding over the weekend and could not keep LTE was pretty much on 3G other 3 were on LTE. Then Sunday i was at a amuzement park had LTE fine there was it was slow and useless. All in a metro area,.

20 minutes ago, Tengen31 said:

I agree with you but sprint still has improvements that need to be made on the network. i was at a wedding over the weekend and could not keep LTE was pretty much on 3G other 3 were on LTE. Then Sunday i was at a amuzement park had LTE fine there was it was slow and useless. All in a metro area,.

sprint has paid off debt .. but they are still recovering and improving and thats a hard balancing act.

On 10/23/2017 at 11:49 PM, Dkoellerwx said:

Still about 39 billion dollars left if I am reading this right. That's still most of it left to pay off.

http://investors.sprint.com/financials/default.aspx

The fixed income tab section breaks down Sprint’s debt.

Total debt: $38,378 Billion

21 minutes ago, RedSpark said:

http://investors.sprint.com/financials/default.aspx

The fixed income tab section breaks down Sprint’s debt.

Total debt: $38,378 Billion

This is the problem that Hesse and that incompetent board didn't start to address in 2008. They just kicked the can down the road just like US presidents do with this country debt. 

The quarter was not a ‘great’ quarter. It was a highly mixed quarter. Yes, losses were not as bad as predicted, but revenues also fell short of what was predicted. There was still a net loss. Remember, they are still giving lines of service away for free to gain customers against the competition. In my opinion, this adds fuel to the a merger is needed camp. While I would rather have competition and 4 national carriers, they will use this to say they need to merge to strengthen synergies. 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, JustinRP37 said:

The quarter was not a ‘great’ quarter. It was a highly mixed quarter. Yes, losses were not as bad as predicted, but revenues also fell short of what was predicted. There was still a net loss. Remember, they are still giving lines of service away for free to gain customers against the competition. In my opinion, this adds fuel to the a merger is needed camp. While I would rather have competition and 4 national carriers, they will use this to say they need to merge to strengthen synergies. 

Any time they have a positive free cash flow is OK by me but if they just accumulate cash by not spending on the network then it is a problem. Unless they are accumulating cash so they can spend it on the network :).

Edited by bigsnake49

36 minutes ago, JustinRP37 said:

Just to be clear, again, customer acquisition cost of the "free" service deal is almost nothing. No cost of buying out devices, no device subsidy, no advertising and no in-store training...

Marcelo and Tarek both made it clear it's only a tiny percentage of post paid net additions this past quarter.

• Like 4
  • Love 1

6 hours ago, nexgencpu said:

Just to be clear, again, customer acquisition cost of the "free" service deal is almost nothing. No cost of buying out devices, no device subsidy, no advertising and no in-store training...

Marcelo and Tarek both made it clear it's only a tiny percentage of post paid net additions this past quarter.

Yes but again, Sprint is still competing on price. The bottom line is these numbers will be used by Sprint and T-Mobile as why they need to merger. Yes, losses were not as bad as projected, but the flip side is revenues also fell short. Even competing on price, the net additions to both Sprint and T-Mobile are not enough to scale up to the duopoly. Do I think a merger is good? No, I am primarily a consumer (not a wireless investor), and 4 major carriers would be much better than 3 for consumers. But from a market perspective this adds fuel. Now if both Sprint and T-Mobile beat on revenues, profits, and net additions that would add fire to the feds to say no, you are doing fine on your own. This one can still go both ways though.

Posting this here so that the most people (that can probably help) will be able to see it. I have tried preordering an iPhone X for the past two days, and every time I try to I am presented with an error. First I was trying on Apple's website, because I would like to do it through the iPhone Upgrade Program so that AppleCare+ is baked into the monthly cost, rather than paying 200 bucks up front. After putting in my phone number and account pin (so that Apple can "contact Sprint so that I don't have to"), I am greeted with a page that says that I am on an ineligible plan and need to go through either sprint.com/iphone or call *2 to order from Sprint. Okay, not what I want to do, but okay.

I go on Sprint's website, and after sorting out an upgrade eligibility issue with my line, I go through the process of ordering a X and even select the full price option, and when I check out, I get a page saying that Sprint is unable to text any of our account's devices for two factor authentication, and that I need to go to a store to order, and I have gotten this error both yesterday and today. Not at all what I want to do, and I'm definitely not going to do that.

So can anyone tell me what is going on, and why Apple/Sprint do not want my money (digitally)? Lol. I appreciate any help.

-Anthony

10 hours ago, anthony.spina97 said:

I go on Sprint's website, and after sorting out an upgrade eligibility issue with my line, I go through the process of ordering a X and even select the full price option, and when I check out, I get a page saying that Sprint is unable to text any of our account's devices for two factor authentication, and that I need to go to a store to order, and I have gotten this error both yesterday and today. Not at all what I want to do, and I'm definitely not going to do that.

So can anyone tell me what is going on, and why Apple/Sprint do not want my money (digitally)? Lol. I appreciate any help

I got that same issue the night of the release. It kept asking me to send a text to verify my account. I did it three times in a row and on the fourth try it told me to call or visit the store because of the same reason you saw (very weird). At the point, I gave up and went to bed thinking I wouldn't get the iPhone X until December. 

The next day, I checked and Sprint still had stock (yay for me, worrisome for Sprint), so I logged back in through Chrome incognito mode and everything went smoothly.

Give incognito mode a try. If not, call Sprint sales. 

Edited by greenbastard

18 hours ago, greenbastard said:

I got that same issue the night of the release. It kept asking me to send a text to verify my account. I did it three times in a row and on the fourth try it told me to call or visit the store because of the same reason you saw (very weird). At the point, I gave up and went to bed thinking I wouldn't get the iPhone X until December. 

The next day, I checked and Sprint still had stock (yay for me, worrisome for Sprint), so I logged back in through Chrome incognito mode and everything went smoothly.

Give incognito mode a try. If not, call Sprint sales. 

Incognito is working for me for Sprint now, but I'm still getting the same issue on Apple's website as before, not that I thought that would change. I would rather buy from apple because of the included in the monthly payment AppleCare, and also because my father pays for the Sprint account and I don't really want to have to pay him every month for just my phone payment since the payment would be attached to my line, for which he pays for.

Does anyone know if there is a way to pay the installment payment separately from your monthly bill?

-Anthony

heck of a storm in new england last night.  power is out for thousands.  "My" 3 primary towers that cover about 5 or 6 towns all died within a few hours of losing power in each of their respective areas.  Problem I have found is that sprint simply does not bother to keep up with their generators at cell sites around here.  I suppose someone did the math and the number of subs is not really worth trucking fuel out to the sites.

The newly rolled out USCC native LTE coverage is coming in very handy and their sites remain up and functioning fine.  Verizon appears okay and while AT&T is up, they appear to be having data issues depending on the site connected to.

• Like 3