Marcelo Claure, Town Hall Meetings, New Family Share Pack Plan, Unlimited Individual Plan, Discussion Thread

joshuam

5 minutes ago, RedSpark said:

Check this out from March 2017: https://dc.curbed.com/2017/3/21/15006154/population-density-dc-washington

According to the infographic:

672,228 people live within Washington's 61 Square Miles. That gives it a population density of 11,020 persons per Square Mile.

The graphic compares its density to other cities, some of which are on the Press Release:

Chicago

Houston

Los Angeles

I wonder if "Washington, DC" according to Sprint also includes surrounding areas in MD/VA.

Yes I think it does. Got this in Ashburn which is part of  DC market 

Screenshot_20171013-102802.png

• Like 1

12 hours ago, DurhamHusker said:

I made a trip through US Cellular territory in rural Nebraska a few weeks ago. Took three phones on the trip, all in our ED1500 plan. We have almost no roaming data on our account to show for it. If this holds up and is announced in some formal fashion, I might talk myself out of my legacy plan (that affords me 300 MB in roaming vs the standard 100 MB with the newer plans).

Anyone else with updated anecdotes?

Just remember that data roaming agreements always change. USCC may not be counted today, but could it could be in the future (Western Kansas for example was counted as native, then as pure roaming, then as Extended Network).

Keep this in mind before changing plans. 100 MB may not be enough after the next roaming negotiations.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, RedSpark said:

Check this out from March 2017: https://dc.curbed.com/2017/3/21/15006154/population-density-dc-washington

According to the infographic:

672,228 people live within Washington's 61 Square Miles. That gives it a population density of 11,020 persons per Square Mile.

The graphic compares its density to other cities, some of which are on the Press Release:

Chicago

Houston

Los Angeles

I wonder if "Washington, DC" according to Sprint also includes surrounding areas in MD/VA.

why is washington dc sprints slowest market?

Just now, danlodish345 said:

why is washington dc sprints slowest market?

Since we are asking questions...why are you concerned about 20Mbps being slow?

• Like 7
  • Love 1

On 10/13/2017 at 10:42 AM, danlodish345 said:

i dont consider 20mbps being slow...i was just wondering why someone called it slow....

This is a truncated list. Sprint has 99 markets.   Washington is not the slowest. If the list continued and included other markets, you would see many more.  So where Washington is on this list is not very meaningful.  In fact, if the worst city is still pretty darn fast, I'd see it as a very good thing. 

Though some reference Sprint gloom and doom and broken promises, Sprint does keep improving.  The service is better now than 2015, than 2013 and definitely better than 2011.  I'd like things to be faster, sure.  But it's fast enough in most instances.

I know Sprint struggles in some markets, especially lack of B41 in many Ericsson markets. But it is not bad everywhere. Or even half of places. In the Seattle area, I actually run into less slow sites on Sprint than I do on Tmo.

Sprint can survive on its own. But cell investors would do better without them.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, S4GRU said:

This is a truncated list. Sprint has 99 markets.   Washington is not the slowest. If the list continued and included other markets, you would see many more.  So where Washington is on this list is not very meaningful.  In fact, if the worst city is still pretty darn fast, I'd see it as a very good thing. 

Though some reference Sprint gloom and doom and broken promises, Sprint does keep improving.  The service is better now than 2015, than 2013 and definitely better than 2011.  I'd like things to be faster, sure.  But it's fast enough in most instances.

I can definitely agree with you on that one...LTE service in my town has improved in many aspects like speed and availability. But sprint needs to keep up the improvements and with enough time they will have a solid network here.

On 10/13/2017 at 1:01 PM, danlodish345 said:

I can definitely agree with you on that one...LTE service in my town has improved in many aspects like speed and availability. But sprint needs to keep up the improvements and with enough time they will have a solid network here.

Obviously they are keeping up. They are even getting ahead. Because the network speeds are improving still.  If they weren't keeping up, it would be getting worse.

Some are exploiting Sprint's weaknesses to promote a combined entity.  I don't have a crystal ball, but neither do they. Sprint was supposed to go bankrupt 10x since Nextel. And here they are. I'd argue they are in better shape and better run now than ever. 

I'm not anti merger, necessarily. But I don't think Sprint will go under without it 

• Like 8

Obviously they are keeping up. They are even getting ahead. Because the network speeds are improving still.  If they weren't keeping up, it would be getting worse.
Some are exploiting Sprint's weaknesses to promote a combined entity.  I don't have a crystal ball, but neither do they. Sprint was supposed to go bankrupt 10x since Nextel. And ere they are. I'd argue they are in better shape and better run now than ever. 
I'm not anti merger, necessarily. But I don't think Sprint will go under without it 

If they can keep up with they are doing with their network then they definitely do not need a merger. Despite Sprint’s network problems over here I still do have some sentimental feelings towards their brand. I would hate to see their brand go away.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

I’m currently in Nashville at Tennessee State University Homecoming at the Nissan stadium and Sprint has bombed in the parking lot and had to put my phone away. My T-Mobile device yet slow is holding up well given the amount of people. Social media works and loading webpages. As a whole Sprint has issues in the city but that could be due to the topography of the city cause it is indeed hilly. I wouldn’t rule Sprint as completely bad. I do feel like densifying the city will do wonders.

1 hour ago, RedSpark said:

Sprint completely revised its Coverage Map page over the weekend. It’s now a full screen design and includes a number of LTE coverage updates and what appears to be new roaming partner coverage as well.

http://coverage.sprint.com/IMPACT.jsp

USCC is now extended (which is super awesome). I made a thread about the update:

• Like 2

4 hours ago, RAvirani said:

USCC is now extended (which is super awesome). I made a thread about the update:

This just rocks. Thanks Sprint for doing this!

Has anyone checked to see if Sprint has become native for USCC users (reciprocal agreement)?

5 hours ago, jreuschl said:

http://coverage.sprint.com/

Coverage map has been updated.  Sure seems like USCC is included with extended coverage and doesn't count against limits.

Oddly enough, they show the LG V30+ as 3G only instead of extended LTE. I wonder why that is, I thought it had all the required bands.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, though said:

This just rocks. Thanks Sprint for doing this!

Has anyone checked to see if Sprint has become native for USCC users (reciprocal agreement)?

I think Sprint has been native for USCC customers for a while now.

On 10/14/2017 at 4:40 PM, derrph said:

I’m currently in Nashville at Tennessee State University Homecoming at the Nissan stadium and Sprint has bombed in the parking lot and had to put my phone away. My T-Mobile device yet slow is holding up well given the amount of people. Social media works and loading webpages. As a whole Sprint has issues in the city but that could be due to the topography of the city cause it is indeed hilly. I wouldn’t rule Sprint as completely bad. I do feel like densifying the city will do wonders.

Downtown Nashville has been growing so fast,  Sprint has been able to keep up in my opinion.  New condominiums, office space and buildings are both impeding signals and the people living/working here are putting a heavy strain on the system.  If you go outside of the downtown footprint, the network is much better.

My wife experienced the same thing Saturday evening/night.  She was downtown with her girlfriends at the Chris Stapleton concert inside Bridgestone Arena and she was not able to get a text out.  Failed to deliver on multiple occasions.

Downtown Nashville has been growing so fast,  Sprint has been able to keep up in my opinion.  New condominiums, office space and buildings are both impeding signals and the people living/working here are putting a heavy strain on the system.  If you go outside of the downtown footprint, the network is much better.
My wife experienced the same thing Saturday evening/night.  She was downtown with her girlfriends at the Chris Stapleton concert inside Bridgestone Arena and she was not able to get a text out.  Failed to deliver on multiple occasions.

That’s did see! The skyline was filed with cranes which was pretty amazing to see when entering the city. Sprint overall is pretty decent in Nashville but once small cells and macro cells hit that City it will be amazing there. I wish I had time to see how the service was at Opry Mills mall. Last time I was there I saw my LTE drop when going into some stores.

5 minutes ago, derrph said:

That’s did see! The skyline was filed with cranes which was pretty amazing to see when entering the city. Sprint overall is pretty decent in Nashville but once small cells and macro cells hit that City it will be amazing there. I wish I had time to see how the service was at Opry Mills mall. Last time I was there I saw my LTE drop when going into some stores.

The skyline seems to change every week here.  More buildings are scheduled to be constructed. 

Wish i could tell you more about Opry Mills.  I do not frequent that property unless it is a last resort.