Marcelo Claure, Town Hall Meetings, New Family Share Pack Plan, Unlimited Individual Plan, Discussion Thread

joshuam

I've noticed a repeating grammatical mistake (well, I've noticed loads of them but this one over and over): the correct word is "infrastructure." I have no idea why anyone would attempt to spell it "infrastructor."

Not trying to be a d@ck but proper grammar is exceedingly important, especially in any sort of written communication.

I realize with my writing, I may be overusing commas when I'm unsure and unaware of whether or not there ought to be one. I apologize to anyone who may be annoyed by my usage of commas as often I use them for that reason. I'd likely be able to use them more appropriately if I was able to work, and I did so in a capacity where typing was an important part of the job.

Sprint just updated the "My Sprint" app for Android with fingerprint support.

I've never used fingerprint readers on smartphones before. Are they capable of reading thumbprints, and if so, do they read them reliably and consistently?

I've never used fingerprint readers on smartphones before. Are they capable of reading thumbprints, and if so, do they read them reliably and consistently?

My Galaxy 7 does.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Touch ID on the iPhone works beautifully.

• Like 3

My Galaxy 7 does.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Touch ID on the iPhone works beautifully.

That is good to know. The reason I asked is because doing fingerprints is very difficult for me and today I needed to go somewhere to get them taken for an important governmental application process, which fortunately I found out there they accept thumbprints. It made me think about the scanning feature on smartphones I wasn't sure about it working or not for thumb identification, which my thumbs pretty much are unaffected by my health, for the most part.

I realize with my writing, I may be overusing commas when I'm unsure and unaware of whether or not there ought to be one. I apologize to anyone who may be annoyed by my usage of commas as often I use them for that reason. I'd likely be able to use them more appropriately if I was able to work, and I did so in a capacity where typing was an important part of the job.

Yes, you do overuse commas. Like, a lot. But at least you're aware.

• Like 1

It is funny you still knew what it meant. English isn't my first language and I think that was a simple spelling mistake, not a grammatical error. But thanks.

Sent from my LG-LS993 using Tapatalk

You are correct. Spelling errors and grammatical errors are two different (though closely related) things. My mistake.

That said, there are WAY too many written errors - both spelling and grammatical in nature - that we would all do best to avoid. At best, they are highly distracting. At worst, they completely alter the meaning of the sentence (or make it entirely unintelligible all around).

And, you're welcome.

• Like 2

That is good to know. The reason I asked is because doing fingerprints is very difficult for me and today I needed to go somewhere to get them taken for an important governmental application process, which fortunately I found out there they accept thumbprints. It made me think about the scanning feature on smartphones I wasn't sure about it working or not for thumb identification, which my thumbs pretty much are unaffected by my health, for the most part.

Touch ID generation 2 has been simply the best thing I have ever used. It is literally super fast at scanning and unlocking the phone. I also like that the data for the fingerprint is stored in the secure enclave.

• Like 1

Let’s eat, grandpa.

Let’s eat grandpa.

See the difference :P.

Definitely a great point.

When I'm writing, I'm not sure exactly how another person is going to read something, what they are use to seeing, etc. So, I have to go by what I think is going to be easier in separating things a certain way not to mix up words. Yet when I go back over what I've written I wonder about the comma usage being excessive. It really is my best guess at times that I understand to others may not seem so much that way.

More than fine with it. If a person can't afford data, then maybe switch down to call and text only plan. Afterall, wireless isn't a necessity, it's a luxury.

I also wouldn't call it "hostage" either. They're more than welcome to not service the area. There's a reason why communities with strict zoning laws exist. Some people want to live in cookie cutter houses and will pay the premium to do so. They have every right to demand that their neighborhoods be kept a certain way. Anyone that doesn't like it shouldn't move to those neighborhoods.

I personally don't like homeowner associations, which is why I choose to live in an area without one. But I also respect the right of people who choose to live in an area with one.

I've seen both sides of this story and like the HOA my mom's house is in. Hers costs less than $100 per year and the main purpose is to keep up the value of the homes up. For example, front yards have to be maintained, house exteriors have to be kept up, setback requirements are enforced, etc. Subsequently her neighborhood is one of the most desirable in the city which results in high property values. I think communities should focus on the same things when it come to zoning and permitting. For example in the Bay Area as home prices increased people sprawled towards the Central Valley. City's like Tracy were growing so fast that the city couldn't keep up with roadways, water, sewage and other infrastructure. Crowding was getting so bad the city stopped allowing additional homes to be built. They were responsible and did what was needed for their community to maintain value. That same approach should be used when communities evaluate whether they should interfere or not. Unfortunately many communities see the process as a way to generate additional money, via fees and taxes, without adding much value.

I realize with my writing, I may be overusing commas when I'm unsure and unaware of whether or not there ought to be one. I apologize to anyone who may be annoyed by my usage of commas as often I use them for that reason.

I used to be the same until my college english professor helped me out. Here are a couple of tips about commas. When punctuating just think about the person reading the sentence. Commas should be used every time the reader breathes or you want them to pause while reading reading the sentence. In addition, if a sentence is very long (you can't finish it on 1 breathe) and there is no place for a comma, split the thought into 2 sentences.

• Like 1

Grade: Incomplete

I used to be the same until my college <English> professor helped me out. Here are a couple of tips about commas. When punctuating<comma> just think about the person reading the sentence. Commas should be used every time the reader breathes or you want <him> to pause while reading reading the sentence. In addition, if a sentence is very long (you <cannot> finish it on <one> breath) and there is no place for a comma, split the thought into <two> sentences.

AJ

• Like 1

Yes, you do overuse commas.

Overuse or underuse.

I realize <that><comma> <in> my writing, I may be overusing commas when I <am> unsure and unaware of whether or not there ought to be one. I apologize to anyone who may be annoyed by my usage of commas<comma> as often I <often> use them for that reason. I <likely> <would> likely be able to use them more appropriately if I <were> able to work, and I did so in a capacity <in which> typing was an important part of the job.

AJ

Overuse or underuse.

AJ

I forgot to edit that post. I may need to check the keyboard settings too, in case there are any automatic corrections being applied wrong. I've seen a few mistakes in some of my posts I could have sworn were not as I had written, though sometimes I have missed checking it prior to others reading the mistakes.

I used to be the same until my college english professor helped me out. Here are a couple of tips about commas. When punctuating just think about the person reading the sentence. Commas should be used every time the reader breathes or you want them to pause while reading reading the sentence. In addition, if a sentence is very long (you can't finish it on 1 breathe) and there is no place for a comma, split the thought into 2 sentences.

That is good advice I try to think of similarly in the style of where a period should not be, yet a pause still is necessary. One question I have is if I'm starting sentences correctly I often write, for example, "However, I think Sprint is a good carrier", or "Despite T-Mobile's popularity with John Legere in charge, I still think they could do better", are those correct comma usages? I often use commas in that format, so if that is incorrect, I'll stop that.

Yes. Can we get back to something on-topic now? ????

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Yes that is fine with me. Thanks again to those who posted here helpfully regarding the spelling and punctuation subject.

Crazy Sprint speeds right now outside at my favorite bar in West Midtown (Atlanta). Go Sprint! Best part? This chick just told me "ugh i, like, totally hated Sprint. They f-ing SUCKED!....I have boost now."

Um.......wow. no words!

I tried to attach the screenshot. Message says "too big to upload." But 106 mbps down.

• Like 16

Crazy Sprint speeds right now outside at my favorite bar in West Midtown (Atlanta). Go Sprint! Best part? This chick just told me "ugh i, like, totally hated Sprint. They f-ing SUCKED!....I have boost now."

Um.......wow. no words!

I tried to attach the screenshot. Message says "too big to upload." But 106 mbps down.

That was interesting. Although perhaps she had a customer service issue with Sprint, rather than a network-related service issue. It definitely is strange though if she really was referring to her experience from Sprint's network quality.

Yes, mostly up north for now though (if they havent already finished) but they are going quick enough it seems it will change week to week now.  I was just in kennebunk / arundel today and LTE was up.

Gonna port back to Sprint yet? ;)

Nice! Any B41 yet?

Re: porting... not until they have service where I work. They also won't accept my Verizon iP7+. It says not eligible for the current promotion.

Edited by WiseGuy321

Um.......wow. no words!

Nice speeds but can someone tell me why Sprint has not enabled 4x4 MIMO b25 yet? My friend at Tmobile was pulling 118 on a 10x10 B2 with his GS8. If Sprint just started the software update to the towers and devices wouldn't band 25 on even a 5x5 receive a nice boost as long as you have a good signal without them having to add spectrum or increase backhaul? It is working well for the other carriers. I think they underestimate what band 25 can do for the network at a much faster pace than b41.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

• Like 5

Nice! Any B41 yet?

Re: porting... not until they have service where I work. They also won't accept my Verizon iP7+. It says not eligible for the current promotion.

not seen any band 41.  seems the big push is just the GMO sites which will be band 25 only (for now i guess).  Was at my sisters house out in the boonies last week which has always had decent sprint service and 3G.  Had another party there today and what do i see on my phone when i get out of my car?  Band 25.  They are moving on these GMO sites big time.  I am speechless really. Guess they decided they want to do it during the summer months when the weather is decent up here.  Cant wait to see the next sprint coverage map update reflecting all of this added coverage.

• Like 5

not seen any band 41.  seems the big push is just the GMO sites which will be band 25 only (for now i guess).  Was at my sisters house out in the boonies last week which has always had decent sprint service and 3G.  Had another party there today and what do i see on my phone when i get out of my car?  Band 25.  They are moving on these GMO sites big time.  I am speechless really. Guess they decided they want to do it during the summer months when the weather is decent up here.  Cant wait to see the next sprint coverage map update reflecting all of this added coverage.

Just found another GMO>Full build conversion today myself. With mini macros. Very exciting considering word on GMOs this time last year was "they might be replaced sometime in the far future if someone stumbles upon enough cash to fund it but they aren't part of any current plan".

• Like 6