Marcelo Claure, Town Hall Meetings, New Family Share Pack Plan, Unlimited Individual Plan, Discussion Thread

joshuam

Wow.  So the customers that stuck things out get hosed.  This is a total fail.

True that.

Per their FAQ.

I'm a current Sprint Customer. Can I get 20GB of high-speed data on up to 10 lines for $100/mo?

Current customers can get 20GB of high-speed data for up to 10 lines for $160/mo, but the promotional price of $100/mo applies only to lines that are switched from another carrier to Sprint.

I very much dislike how new customers always get the best deals.  It does't encourage loyalty AT ALL!!!

• Like 4

So per the link to sprint's press release;

10 users or devices, @ 40 gig shared (4 gig average per device/user), for $100 + ($15 x 10) = $250/month.

Less if you swap phones for tablets, More if you swap phones for 'mobile broadband' devices.

edit; per the footnote;

1 To improve the data experience for the majority of users, throughput speeds may be limited, varied or reduced on the network

2The $100 offer is available Aug. 22, 2014 – Sept. 30, 2014 when customers switch to Sprint. It includes $15/mo./line access chargers waived through 2015. Valid only on 20GB or higher data allowance

the $100 offer for new customers only includes the access fee, however at some point after 2015 their bill will more than double???

Edited by dedub

True that.

Per their FAQ.

I very much dislike how new customers always get the best deals. It does't encourage loyalty AT ALL!!!

They said we couldn't join a framily either...... Just saying I am sure there is a way.

I would say am disappointed.... Yet again... Smh

• Like 1

True that.

Per their FAQ.

I very much dislike how new customers always get the best deals.  It does't encourage loyalty AT ALL!!!

Just a guess, but I'm guessing they will cave and make it available for existing as well. It is total BS as it stands right now. Definitely not 'uncarrier'.

Hopefully Marcello's team keeps their ears to the ground right away on this and can react quickly. 

For the time being, everyone can keep discussing in this thread the new Family Share Pack and promo.  But staff will likely split this off into a new thread in the near future.  So, pay attention.  Additionally, note that Claure is quoted as saying that new individual plans will be forthcoming later this week.

AJ

• Like 1

Ehhh.  Not really that disruptive.  Where are the deals for single or 2 line plans?

“Simply put, we are offering the best deal on shared data,” Claure said. “We have more news coming later this week about plans for individuals. We want customers to think twice before choosing another wireless carrier.”

Im glad sprint finally decided to play the data bucket game. Framily and unlimited data cater to fringe users. This caters to the public more broadly. Its easy to understand in comparison to the competition

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

Hopefully the new individual plans are a few bucks better than the new family one...and hopefully they're better even for existing customers. The 20GB stolen-customer promo is awesome but I can't qualify because I'm pretty sure Sprint won't consider Ting to be a competitive carrier...and the Ting account is registered under my name so I'd probably have to do some weird port thing to bring my own line under the new account.

Of course, if I *could* actually get the stolen-customer plan I'd sign up for it in a heartbeat. But $175 != $100, and it doesn't make a ton of sense to switch only part of the family away from Ting.

I will say though that it's nice that Sprint is *finally* including a tethering allotment on their data buckets with this plan. Non-unlimited Framily plans didn't have that, and that's the one thing other family members (Ting) have over what my account can do without rooting my phone.

I will say though that it's nice that Sprint is *finally* including a tethering allotment on their data buckets with this plan.

Tablets and mobile hotspots are eligible for this plan.  But, Ian, where are you seeing the tethering allotment(s)?  If you have a copy and paste or a link to some documentation, many would appreciate it.  Thanks.

AJ

Tablets and mobile hotspots are eligible for this plan.  But, Ian, where are you seeing the tethering allotment(s)?  If you have a copy and paste or a link to some documentation, many would appreciate it.  Thanks.

AJ

It's on the FAQ page, in the image, third bullet.

plan_grid.jpg

• Like 1

Tablets and mobile hotspots are eligible for this plan. But, Ian, where are you seeing the tethering allotment(s)? If you have a copy and paste or a link to some documentation, many would appreciate it. Thanks.

AJ

it's listed in T's and C's on Sprint.com/newday

edit, dang im slow

Edited by sexpanther