Marcelo Claure, Town Hall Meetings, New Family Share Pack Plan, Unlimited Individual Plan, Discussion Thread

joshuam

The replacement (or just upgrade?) of GMO sites is well underway in Maine these days after several years of all but neglecting us up here. I guess I need to eat crow after being so skeptical of that announcement late last year of the huge push to upgrade all remaining sites.

Where are these sites? Are they filling in the gap on 95?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't have access to even setup Digits, which is the problem. Digits requires an app to setup, which only is available on Android and iOS.

Why not just get a Google Voice number?

Does what you need on any carrier...

• Like 2

Where are these sites? Are they filling in the gap on 95?

Yes, mostly up north for now though (if they havent already finished) but they are going quick enough it seems it will change week to week now.  I was just in kennebunk / arundel today and LTE was up.

Gonna port back to Sprint yet? ;)

This is one thing I'm keeping in mind about switching, that is a serious consideration in dealing with the issues in the meanwhile, as a Sprint/T-Mobile network locked in at the same lower rate is an amazing deal. If T-Mobile were to raise those rates on current customers though, then many will get very upset, something I'm not sure T-Mobile would do.

Arysyn, I think the reason you get a lot of flack is because you are always discussing switching providers. When someone said you are not an example of a normal consumer, this is what they mean. I have changed wireless providers only a couple of times in my life (and mostly on my iPad for that matter). In just the past year I can remember multiple switches from you. A lot of the issues you mention with each provider are not unique to any one provider.

• Like 2

And if you do decide to leave, definitely do not post that you are dropping Sprint, then tack on some trite addendum that you "still really want Sprint to succeed."  Nothing could be further from the truth -- because you are voting with your wallet against Sprint success.

This goes for OhioCalling and everybody else.

AJ

This is a bit of an over stretch, especially when we (as a collective group, including Robert) at S4GRU have always said choose the provider that best meets your needs. There are many people that have donated to this site, provided insight, and truly want Sprint to succeed but cannot be a customer at this time because Sprint is currently not meeting their needs. I fully support the no complaints policy of the site and have found this quite possibly the most informative website regarding cellular communications on the web.

• Like 8

Arysyn, I think the reason you get a lot of flack is because you are always discussing switching providers. When someone said you are not an example of a normal consumer, this is what they mean. I have changed wireless providers only a couple of times in my life (and mostly on my iPad for that matter). In just the past year I can remember multiple switches from you. A lot of the issues you mention with each provider are not unique to any one provider.

I completely agree. I've always admitted to people who've mentioned to me about my habit of not keeping to something/changing my mind alot, and its true, something I won't deny. It isn't that I'm trying to be difficult or frustrating others by it, but these things seem to happen with me when I go to get something, and either there is an issue immediately I didn't expect, or something occurs later on.

I've been trying better on some things though, like with my television purchase. I finally made a decision on it after a few months of thoroughly researching features, taking into account many different things, and now am confident enough on the decision, though its going to be a few weeks until I get the tv, as the store has to get it in from Texas. I'm just hoping it doesn't end up that they tell me they can't get it in, because that is the other problem I have often with trying to get something that turns out not to be available, etc.

This is a bit of an over stretch, especially when we (as a collective group, including Robert) at S4GRU have always said choose the provider that best meets your needs. There are many people that have donated to this site, provided insight, and truly want Sprint to succeed but cannot be a customer at this time because Sprint is currently not meeting their needs. I fully support the no complaints policy of the site and have found this quite possibly the most informative website regarding cellular communications on the web.

Very true.

Another thing perhaps a customer's needs change, which Sprint may not be able to serve, or a customer moves to an area where Sprint may not be as good at. When a person says they still hope for Sprint to succeed, but may not be or no longer be a Sprint customer, doesn't mean they are against Sprint in any way with some sort of vendetta, just that they wish the best for the company perhaps in hopes that one day they will be able to be served by Sprint.

Rumor the Germans are finalizing the Sprint-T Mobile merger in an all stocks purchase. With Sprint free unlimited plan running  until June 30th expect this merger to be announced during the first week of July. lets see what the Magenta cult says when T Mobile is charging 120 dollars for a single unlimited line. Verizon and T will love this to happen because they can raise prices again, no that they are that low anyways.

*Marcelo releases golden parachute*

Again this is speculation and even though a Sprint/T-Mobile tie up looks favorable with the current administration lets not jump to conclusion that this will be a done deal.  

http://imgur.com/a/Ue7Wd

Wanted to see if I can provoke some thoughtful discussion with some hard data points. I tabled some PCMag nationwide test data to compare the 2016 report to the 2017 report below that I think are stark. What do we think of the pattern? What about the theory that Sprint does not need to spend much on network because of its vast trove of spectrum? It looks like Sprint's network has gone backward while the other 3 kept moving rapidly forward.

Marcelo Claure Elected to SoftBank Board of Directors

http://newsroom.sprint.com/news-releases/marcelo-claure-elected-to-softbank-board-of-directors.htm

So that's why he was in Tokyo: https://twitter.com/marceloclaure/status/877174058558816256

He's posting some neat stuff about his trip on his feed.

• Like 1

Virgin Mobile USA just announced this: https://www.virginmobileusa.com/newsroom/newsdetail2.html

Virgin Mobile USA Changes How to Buy Wireless: One Year of Service for Only $1 + Virgin Perks

Definitely a solid rebrand/relaunch in my opinion. Pretty good perks!

Also:

"Virgin Mobile worked with Apple to become the newest mobile carrier to sell its service in Apple stores and at Apple.com. It will also be the first-ever, iPhone-only mobile carrier in the United States."

"“We’re thrilled Virgin Mobile is becoming the first iPhone-only carrier, and we’re excited to be able to offer Virgin Mobile services directly to our customers in Apple stores,” said Philip Schiller, Apple’s senior vice president of worldwide marketing. “We think the Inner Circle offer is competitive and compelling, and Virgin Mobile customers are going to love using the best, most advanced iPhones ever.”"

Wow. Didn't see that coming.

• Like 1

Virgin Mobile USA just announced this: https://www.virginmobileusa.com/newsroom/newsdetail2.html

Virgin Mobile USA Changes How to Buy Wireless: One Year of Service for Only $1 + Virgin Perks

Also:

"Virgin Mobile worked with Apple to become the newest mobile carrier to sell its service in Apple stores and at Apple.com. It will also be the first-ever, iPhone-only mobile carrier in the United States."

"“We’re thrilled Virgin Mobile is becoming the first iPhone-only carrier, and we’re excited to be able to offer Virgin Mobile services directly to our customers in Apple stores,” said Philip Schiller, Apple’s senior vice president of worldwide marketing. “We think the Inner Circle offer is competitive and compelling, and Virgin Mobile customers are going to love using the best, most advanced iPhones ever.”"

I don't think that is Sprint's Virgin Mobile, that is Branson himself unit.

Sent from my 2PQ93 using Tapatalk

I don't think that is Sprint's Virgin Mobile, that is Branson himself unit.

Sent from my 2PQ93 using Tapatalk

It's definitely Virgin Mobile USA.

Dow Draper, CEO of Virgin Mobile USA, tweeted this recently: https://twitter.com/DowDraper/status/877409795984179201

It's on the website too: https://www.virginmobileusa.com

• Like 1

I was waiting to see what Sprint would do with Virgin Mobile. Even though I always suggested they just drop it, I'm glad to see that they could do something cool with it. Selling iPhones only is a bold move but it is the single most popular device in the U.S. so I'm not mad.

• Like 1

Could someone explain to me the benefits of doing a all stock purchase for a merger compared to a traditional merger? What are the downsides with it being a stock purchase if in the event it is blocked?

Could someone explain to me the benefits of doing a all stock purchase for a merger compared to a traditional merger? What are the downsides with it being a stock purchase if in the event it is blocked?

Bloomberg has a great article on this: https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2017-06-05/in-t-mobile-sprint-talks-stock-deal-said-to-emerge-as-an-option

• Like 2

Great thanks!!!

• Like 1

Also:

Very bold move, everyone I know switched to Android and never wants to go back to the playschool phone that is the iphone. :P This could bite them in the ass, considering most people on prepaid are not exactly bill gates.

Very bold move, everyone I know switched to Android and never wants to go back to the playschool phone that is the iphone. :P This could bite them in the ass, considering most people on prepaid are not exactly bill gates.

I am actually thinking of converting to Iphone.  Starting one line at a time.  It's much easier to use and more intuitive.  

I think one thing we can agree on is that this forum isn't an airport or a cruise terminal, so you don't need to announce you're departure.

I'm in a meeting right and audibly LOLed. Not good.

Thanks for the bright moment in an otherwise boring day.

• Like 2

I am actually thinking of converting to Iphone.  Starting one line at a time.  It's much easier to use and more intuitive.  

But there's no back button... If it wasn't for that I'd agree with you (but I'd still prefer Android even if iOS had a back button).

5x5 of B26 or not, if you don't get it now you won't even with a 10x10 setup. Moreso lack of signal from your nearest tower, which at least in my opinion B26 is optimized like shit.

People say B26 doesn't seem optimized yet compared it to vzw B13 on my phone site since both of them are on the same tower. Both had the same signal.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk