Marcelo Claure, Town Hall Meetings, New Family Share Pack Plan, Unlimited Individual Plan, Discussion Thread

joshuam

They finally seem to have properly streamlined the process. All you need to do is add services to that specific account thru the sprint site and it will send you a confirmation text. Once you have that text, that text message will contain a link to the page to confirm the new 6 month trial.

I did it for my sister last night, worked like a charm.

Here is a screenshot of the option to add the promotion..

https://imgur.com/gallery/gMP3g

For some of us we get the text, download the app, launch it and just get a "Something went wrong, please try again" message. It seems like there's some problem with the account signup process. 

For some of us we get the text, download the app, launch it and just get a "Something went wrong, please try again" message. It seems like there's some problem with the account signup process.

I'd remove the service from the Sprint page, wait between 15 to 20 minutes then add it back in, and see if that does the trick.

I gotta say, 6 months free Tidal just in time for this exclusive HOV album..pure genius.

Throw in the 1 year of free Sprint service and this crazy LG G6 deal for 89 dollars.

I gotta say, this is the most muscle I've seen Sprint marketing flex EVER.

I agree! I am glad they are finally doing more, the sprint network still has some problem areas. But overall, it is works. I know we all want crazy high speeds, but lets be real. We don't need them, it is just nice to know that the network can support tons of users. If I want to watch tv while at the gym. I can do it , that is all I care about  :)

• Like 1

What kind of phone? It seems BYOP devices were or are having issues with signing up, but once you have registered on another device, they can sign in fine. I had to register on a G3 on a different line, and once the service showed up on the line in my Sprint, it signed in with an automatically generated account when I opened the app. I added an email and password to the account, then I signed in to that account on my N5 successfully after ignoring the something went wrong error message. Hopefully a tidal app update can fix the error, as not everyone will have a Sprint branded phone to register from, or may want to register for the trial on more than one line. I haven't checked, but I guess I'll probably have a problem, as the tidal service is not on my main line, and the one I added it with is a temporary line I'm going to cancel in the next few days.. hmm perhaps I should have thought about that first. :D

What kind of phone? It seems BYOP devices were or are having issues with signing up, but once you have registered on another device, they can sign in fine. I had to register on a G3 on a different line, and once the service showed up on the line in my Sprint, it signed in with an automatically generated account when I opened the app. I added an email and password to the account, then I signed in to that account on my N5 successfully after ignoring the something went wrong error message. Hopefully a tidal app update can fix the error, as not everyone will have a Sprint branded phone to register from, or may want to register for the trial on more than one line. I haven't checked, but I guess I'll probably have a problem, as the tidal service is not on my main line, and the one I added it with is a temporary line I'm going to cancel in the next few days.. hmm perhaps I should have thought about that first. :D

Galaxy Note 4 purchased from Sprint. 

I agree! I am glad they are finally doing more, the sprint network still has some problem areas. But overall, it is works. I know we all want crazy high speeds, but lets be real. We don't need them, it is just nice to know that the network can support tons of users. If I want to watch tv while at the gym. I can do it , that is all I care about :)

You wouldn't be saying this if you resided in CT. Essentially impossible

• Like 2

I wonder what ever happened to that site downtown that gave him fits and they never upgraded.

Shortly before he ported out, he made enough noise with corporate that they actually sent out some engineers to look at it. After 15 straight months of 3G data being useless, the cause was finally determined to be bad equipment/cabling. They corrected that issue, but then they needed to relocate the equipment due to building construction; so soon after, they did a full rip/replace on the site and installed LEGACY EQUIPMENT (including BTS and antennas) that they must have decommissioned from another site. It sat that way for about a year (with the BTS literally sitting on the sidewalk outside of the building -- see the New Orleans market thread for photos) until they finally came and installed NV equipment on the rooftop. It got 800 + 1900 3G and 1900 4G (no 800 4G) and was immediately swamped by usage. AT&T serves the same area of that one Sprint site with 4-5 macro sites (plus an indoor DAS) and an average of 6 LTE carriers (100+ MHz spectrum) online per site.

• Like 2

I definitely do not want to make excuses for Sprint, but I do find it interesting that the GS7 averages better speeds than the GS8 in their own testing, and I believe it's due to radio tuning on the GS8.

Don't get me wrong it's a great device, but for some odd reason, before I swapped the band priority(comes with B41 as third! Why Sprint?!) it loved to live on Band 26. After making those changes I and a few other users noticed alot more consistently sticking to B41, but still, I find it swapped to other bands too soon.

Would have it made a difference? Maybe maybe not, but it sure as hell has for some.

• Like 1

PCMag posted their annual Fastest Mobile Networks 2017.

http://www.pcmag.com/article/354110/fastest-mobile-networks-2017

At least they confirmed what I have been saying the whole time. HPUE is not helping the way Sprint claims it should. It also confirmed the many towers that likely don't have b41 on them so Sprint speed will jump from amazing to basically 3G speeds. Those upload speeds from Sprint looks like they are moving well on 10x10 or better b25 since band 41 can't do speeds that high. Hopefully Sprint can get b25/26 CA going. Just waiting on b41 density is taking to much time to do.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Sprint's lower upload speeds (and they plan to decrease them even further by changing the upload/download ratio on b41) will continue to hinder speed test results.

Sprint's lower upload speeds (and they plan to decrease them even further by changing the upload/download ratio on b41) will continue to hinder speed test results.

That depends. If Sprint can get 2xCA on upload out then even if they change to config 2 upload speeds would stay the same as they are now while downloads would increase.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I finished reading this report, and the thing that stood was the Sprint network is very inconsistent. Now you know why they are giving free service for a year. 

• Like 4

When you are an infustructor company, in a dynamic industry, you have to spend money on your core product.

Sent from my LG-LS993 using Tapatalk

Obvious and true. Sprint didn't spend much of any Capex in 2016, and added 1 million+ customers.

When looking at the charts I don't see that the network performance decreased... It just flatlined.

Hopefully that means good things now as they are spending $$$ again.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

• Like 4

I don't see a merger with Tmo if both are thriving. Sprint always finishing 4th and struggling would make the case "let us merge or bail us out " sprint could easily decide to shut down and sell off everything and your still left with 3. I am actually not for the merger but want sprints service to get better much faster than what it is. Merger with someone looks like the only way.

I don't see a merger with Tmo if both are thriving. Sprint always finishing 4th and struggling would make the case "let us merge or bail us out " sprint could easily decide to shut down and sell off everything and your still left with 3. I am actually not for the merger but want sprints service to get better much faster than what it is. Merger with someone looks like the only way.

They are not both thriving. Sprint hasn't turned a yearly profit in a decade and was only able to stabilize their balance sheet by starving their network again. I dont think there are many suitors for sprint because I think the market is quite clearly stating this is a three player market.

• Like 1

Obvious and true. Sprint didn't spend much of any Capex in 2016, and added 1 million+ customers.

When looking at the charts I don't see that the network performance decreased... It just flatlined.

There product is their network. Subcriber performance lags network quality both ways. We saw this clearly after NV and the years after Hesse decided to divert CAPEX away from the core networks and plow it into Wimax.

I finished reading this report, and the thing that stood was the Sprint network is very inconsistent. Now you know why they are giving free service for a year. 

Indeed. My mom switched from Sprint to Verizon 2 years ago, and I wont even bring up the new free offer because Sprint still hasn't done anything to fix all the issues in her market (Fresno). According to the map on this website, a significant portion of the towers are still 3G only (in 2017!) and that doesnt even get to the issue that they havent added any towers in what looks like 10 years.

Meanwhile, where I live, my gf will be switching to Sprint this week because the service here is good.

Sprint competes nationwide, but performance is very regional.

• Like 4

Hopefully things continue to improve in Milwaukee: http://newsroom.sprint.com/news-releases/sprint-illuminates-milwaukee-with-hundreds-of-network-enhancements-38-new-stores-and-sprints-1million-project-to-connect-milwaukee-public-schools-students.htm

Network improvements sound good, but I'm still not convinced that more points of retail presence are necessary. Takes away from CapEx funds in my opinion.

• Like 1

Hopefully things continue to improve in Milwaukee: http://newsroom.sprint.com/news-releases/sprint-illuminates-milwaukee-with-hundreds-of-network-enhancements-38-new-stores-and-sprints-1million-project-to-connect-milwaukee-public-schools-students.htm

Network improvements sound good, but I'm still not convinced that more points of retail presence are necessary.

Retail expansions are good when there is a demand for your product. Sprint service is not in demand by potential customers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 3