Marcelo Claure, Town Hall Meetings, New Family Share Pack Plan, Unlimited Individual Plan, Discussion Thread

joshuam

Yes.

Would be nice to see, the one bar I go to is basically a roaming hotspot for me, always get stuck on useless Verizon not that I ever got 3G but it would be nice to have a usable connection.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Would be nice to see, the one bar I go to is basically a roaming hotspot for me, always get stuck on useless Verizon not that I ever got 3G but it would be nice to have a usable connection.

Perhaps the bar would benefit from a Magic Box? Talk to the owner and tell him/her it's free and would benefit all Sprint customers.

• Like 1

Anyone else getting a huge influx of spam calls lately? I am getting about 10 a day from all over the country. It's getting really ridiculous. You pick up and answer and it's nothing but silence, they occasionally leave a voicemail that says something about healthcare...

I wonder if Sprint is selling our info? Verizon does, but they have an opt out option online.

And looking at the Rootmetrics (a source you often quote) for other major Northeastern cities, they are, almost always, in last place. There is a lot of room for improvement. SprintNYC is 110% correct.

People fixate on placement, especially first or last place.  But that is flawed human thinking.

With four major networks, one always is going to be last, you know.  Even if a massive merger consolidates all four down to three, one still will be last, be that nationwide or somewhere, someplace.

Fourth place in the 100 m at the Olympics, for example, is not slow.  Similarly, last place in RootMetrics does not mean slow, unusable, or poor.  It could mean last by fractions of points.

AJ

• Like 12

People fixate on placement, especially first or last place. But that is flawed human thinking.

With four major networks, one always is going to be last, you know. Even if a massive merger consolidates all four down to three, one still will be last, be that nationwide or somewhere, someplace.

Fourth place in the 100 m at the Olympics, for example, is not slow. Similarly, last place in RootMetrics does not mean slow, unusable, or poor. It could mean last by fractions of points.

AJ

Too true.

I wonder how many people in here thinks it is Sprint selling info, in which by law they can't. But haven't figured out that Google is known for doing it and you give em your info everyday.

Sent from my 2PYB2 using Tapatalk

And add Facebook divisions, and any other social media you use, and don't forget the yahoo breach.

I wonder how many people in here thinks it is Sprint selling info, in which by law they can't. But haven't figured out that Google is known for doing it and you give em your info everyday.

And add Facebook divisions, and any other social media you use, and don't forget the yahoo breach.

I don't know who or care who is doing it but it needs to stop, really pissing me off.

• Like 3

For starters, telemarketers have called 3 of the lines on my account specifically mentioning my name. I don't use 2 of those lines (other family members use them) and the only connection I have to them is my name on the bill.

The only people that know my association to those lines is family/friends and Sprint.

• Like 3

Yes. It is interesting to see that AT&T LTE was preferred over 3G though…very interesting indeed…

I was quite shocked because 3G EVDO is strong where I was but my phone decided to hop on over to AT&T's B2. 

I don't know who or care who is doing it but it needs to stop, really pissing me off.

On average, I receive 2 of these spam calls a day. They are very effing annoying. If the call is a "press 1 now to speak to a representative" and I find myself not preoccupied with something else, I will troll them. Want to waste my time?? Well, let me waste yours by putting you on hold while I eternally look for my credit card.

If it is a machine asking questions, I hang up immediately! They try to record you saying "Yes" in order to charge you collect or sign you up for services.

Lucky for me, the Google dialer is very good at picking these spam calls out and warning me. Very impressive that this feature even works without simultaneous Voice and Data.

• Like 1

On average, I receive 2 of these spam calls a day. They are very effing annoying. If the call is a "press 1 now to speak to a representative" and I find myself not preoccupied with something else, I will troll them. Want to waste my time?? Well, let me waste yours by putting you on hold while I eternally look for my credit card.

If it is a machine asking questions, I hang up immediately! They try to record you saying "Yes" in order to charge you collect or sign you up for services.

Lucky for me, the Google dialer is very good at picking these spam calls out and warning me. Very impressive that this feature even works without simultaneous Voice and Data.

I don't even get that it's just silence when I pick up.

• Like 1

I was quite shocked because 3G EVDO is strong where I was but my phone decided to hop on over to AT&T's B2.

This shouldn't be happening. Sprint phones should prefer 1x native data over roaming all the time. I'm assuming this is an issue that arises from the technological differences in 3GPP vs 3GPP2??

On average, I receive 2 of these spam calls a day. They are very effing annoying.

I used to get a lot of spam calls on my cell line too. I stared entering the numbers into sprints auto block list for my phone line.

Seemed to work because I haven't been called in over a year by a robot or any telemarketers.

Sprint.com>my preferences>block voice>click on ur phone>select the radio button for block only phone numbers on this list>enter each phone number manually and they will be forever blocked on your line

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I might.

Tell the owner if you got better coverage you'd spend more time at the bar and spend more money on drinks. :-)

It would be true, right?

• Like 2

Tell the owner if you got better coverage you'd spend more time at the bar and spend more money on drinks. :-)

It would be true, right?

I wonder if the drunks at the bar might mistake Sprint's Magic Box as some sort of gambling machine.

• Like 1

I wonder if the drunks at the bar might mistake Sprint's Magic Box as some sort of gambling machine.

Only if you put a pipe arm on the side. :-)

• Like 2

Only if you put a pipe arm on the side. :-)

In Washington, DC, more likely a crack pipe.

AJ

• Like 5

I wonder if he's there to discuss the Sprint/T-Mobile merger.

So far, he's met with some Senators:

https://twitter.com/marceloclaure/status/864975499747106817

https://twitter.com/marceloclaure/status/864976123045793792

https://twitter.com/marceloclaure/status/864977377742422018

And he's doing a run tomorrow morning!

https://twitter.com/marceloclaure/status/864956567959072769

• Like 1