Marcelo Claure, Town Hall Meetings, New Family Share Pack Plan, Unlimited Individual Plan, Discussion Thread

joshuam

Let's pick another city smaller than the NYC tri state area named Boston where Sprint is dead last too.

http://www.rootmetrics.com/en-US/rootscore/map/metro/boston-ma/2017/1H

In this city Rootmetrics didn't have to test suburbs in other state( NJ), or other parts of the state like  in New York. So instead of spending 200 millions on Tidal they should had spend it all the way from New York, Connecticut and Massachusetts. Oh I forgot I left philadelphia  where Sprint is dead last too.

http://www.rootmetrics.com/en-US/rootscore/map/metro/philadelphia-pa/2017/1H

overall their network is dead last in the Northeast period, and you wonder why they only reported an anemic postpaid customers quarter. we are  halfway 2017 and we are talking about mediocre network stats.

• Like 6

Let's pick another city smaller than the NYC tri state area named Boston where Sprint is dead last too.

http://www.rootmetrics.com/en-US/rootscore/map/metro/boston-ma/2017/1H

In this city Rootmetrics didn't have to test suburbs in other state( NJ), or other parts of the state like  in New York. So instead of spending 200 millions on Tidal they should had spend it all the way from New York, Connecticut and Massachusetts. Oh I forgot I left philadelphia  where Sprint is dead last too.

http://www.rootmetrics.com/en-US/rootscore/map/metro/philadelphia-pa/2017/1H

overall their network is dead last in the Northeast period, and you wonder why they only reported an anemic postpaid customers quarter. we are  halfway 2017 and we are talking about mediocre network stats.

Imagine how we feel in So-Cal with Sprint.  We still get 3G indoors in many places and its 2017! And Sprint is dead last on Root.

• Like 1

Imagine how we feel in So-Cal with Sprint. We still get 3G indoors in many places and its 2017! And Sprint is dead last on Root.

So-cal they have something of an excuse, but it all comes down to the amount of CAPEX they can or are willing to spend on their network.

Sent from my LG-LS993 using Tapatalk

So-cal they have something of an excuse, but it all comes down to the amount of CAPEX they can or are willing to spend on their network.

Sent from my LG-LS993 using Tapatalk

They would be pretty fast if deployed B41 like Vegas.  If B41 was everywhere, at the very least B25 would be usable.  

We have 5Mhz and 10Mhz B25 and is beat up because no B41 in 50% of places.  I have Verizon, in many places Sprint has B25 which is not usable at weak RSRP, VZ has those weak spots covered with B13.  If Sprint has a usable B25, it would be comparable to Verizon in San Diego.

• Like 1

Yeah, I've lived here my entire life and could never recommend Sprint to someone in the Northeast, especially those who travel to ME and NH. 

Even in the populated parts of Maine, Sprint LTE is stretched thinly. 3G and 1x are more common than LTE.

This is a major highway (95) and it's not covered by Sprint LTE. The other 3 have had service there for a long time...

74Mz6zH.png

Edited by WiseGuy321
  • Like 1

Yeah. I block all of them...

Anyone else getting a huge influx of spam calls lately? I am getting about 10 a day from all over the country. It's getting really ridiculous. You pick up and answer and it's nothing but silence, they occasionally leave a voicemail that says something about healthcare...

Yeah, I've lived here my entire life and could never recommend Sprint to someone in the Northeast, especially those who travel to ME and NH. 

Even in the populated parts of Maine, Sprint LTE is stretched thinly. 3G and 1x are more common than LTE.

This is a major highway (95) and it's not covered by Sprint LTE. The other 3 have had service there for a long time...

74Mz6zH.png

I drove from DC upto NH and dropped lte 3 times for short periods.

I drove from DC upto NH and dropped lte 3 times for short periods.

That's not New Hampshire. It's Maine...

The map is showing the lack of LTE between Kittery (ME/NH border) to about Biddeford/Saco, Maine. (About 32 miles or so)

----

My statement about overall coverage in Maine is specifically highlighting poor service once you get off major highways. Downtown Portland, Cape Elizabeth, Falmouth, Scarborough, Freeport, Cumberland, Gray, etc. Coverage is weak, at best, in all those areas.

Same applies to parts of NH once you get off major highways. LTE service is lost pretty quickly.

Edited by WiseGuy321

It's getting a bit old now, we can't be the only ones. Do not call list doesn't do shit lol.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Me too. I've noticed a massive influx of spam calls within the last few months. Have been on the Do Not Call List for over a decade...

• Like 1

Maines problem is the amount of GMO sites.  Sprint upgraded i believe all the full build sites in the area (minus band 41 of course) and left the GMO sites alone besides backhaul upgrades.  At that point they fully abandoned us.

At that point they fully abandoned us.

Yeah, I'm not sure what part of the state you are in, but I wish they would tweak their USCC and AT&T LTE roaming parameters.

I'm sure we'd rather be connected to AT&T/USCC LTE than weak Sprint 3G or 1x.

Edited by WiseGuy321

That's not New Hampshire. It's Maine...

The map is showing the lack of LTE between Kittery (ME/NH border) to about Biddeford/Saco, Maine. (About 32 miles or so)

----

My statement about overall coverage in Maine is specifically highlighting poor service once you get off major highways. Downtown Portland, Cape Elizabeth, Falmouth, Scarborough, Freeport, Cumberland, Gray, etc. Coverage is weak, at best, in all those areas.

Same applies to parts of NH once you get off major highways. LTE service is lost pretty quickly.

You mentioned North East..
  • Like 1

Yeah, I'm not sure what part of the state you are in, but I wish they would tweak their USCC and AT&T LTE roaming parameters.

I'm sure we'd rather be connected to AT&T/USCC LTE than weak Sprint 3G or 1x.

I am down in york county.  I get LTE at home as long as I am by the window, once i move its game over.  I dont mind being on 3G if im home, the problem is the constant switching between LTE and 3G which annoys me to no end.  I hope i win the magic box lottery and am able to score one.

I dont see a plus side to them putting us on another carrier in areas we do not get sprint LTE...we might as well just get on that carrier to begin with.

• Like 1

Anyone else getting a huge influx of spam calls lately? I am getting about 10 a day from all over the country. It's getting really ridiculous. You pick up and answer and it's nothing but silence, they occasionally leave a voicemail that says something about healthcare...

Yes I have to. Work my personal cell and, work cell.

Sent from my 2PQ93 using Tapatalk

For those that doubt that Sprints LTE availability has improved in the north east..This is my data usage for the month I traveled quite a bit..

Lte availability https://imgur.com/gallery/e89cw

Ok, but you stuck to major highways.

For those who actually live around the Northeast, specifically ME/CT/NH/MA/RI, Sprint is not a good option. Their coverage is simply not reliable enough. This becomes quite obvious if you've actually spent more than a few days in NH or Maine.

And looking at the Rootmetrics (a source you often quote) for other major Northeastern cities, they are, almost always, in last place. There is a lot of room for improvement. SprintNYC is 110% correct.

State reports

ME: 3rd

NH: 3rd

VT: tied for last

RI: last

MA: tied for last

CT: tied for last

NY: tied for last

NJ: last

Metro areas

Boston: last

Worcester: 3rd

Springfield: last

Providence: last

New Haven: last

Hartford: last

Bridgeport/Stamford: last

NYC/Tri-state: last

Hudson Valley: tied last

Albany: last

Syracuse: last

Phily: last

Edited by WiseGuy321
  • Like 1

Does AT&T and Sprint have an agreement for LTE? Was in an area where Sprint hasn't upgraded the last cell site that lacks LTE and noticed my phone connected to AT&T B2 in the Bristol downtown area.

attachicon.gif Screenshot_20170516-180143.png attachicon.gif Screenshot_20170516-180031.png

Yes LTE Roaming on att is a thing.

Sent from my 2PQ93 using Tapatalk

Maines problem is the amount of GMO sites.  Sprint upgraded i believe all the full build sites in the area (minus band 41 of course) and left the GMO sites alone besides backhaul upgrades.  At that point they fully abandoned us.

It seems Sprint has decided that they will have most (all?) of their sites running at least B25 by the end of July. 

• Like 8

It seems Sprint has decided that they will have most (all?) of their sites running at least B25 by the end of July.

Targeting EOY is what I heard.

They're all now high priority sites since the reintegration of network management from Ericsson.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

• Like 8

They're all now high priority sites since the reintegration of network management from Ericsson.

That's great news! Any update on B41?

Thank you for this information.

Edited by WiseGuy321
  • Like 1

Ok, but you stuck to major highways.

For those who actually live around the Northeast, specifically ME/CT/NH/MA/RI, Sprint is not a good option. Their coverage is simply not reliable enough. This becomes quite obvious if you've actually spent more than a few days in NH or Maine.

And looking at the Rootmetrics (a source you often quote) reports for other major Northeastern cities, they are, almost always, in last place. There is a lot of room for improvement. SprintNYC is 110% correct.

State reports

ME: 3rd

NH: 3rd

VT: tied for last

RI: last

MA: tied for last

CT: tied for last

NY: tied for last

NJ: last

Metro areas

Boston: last

Worcester: 3rd

Springfield: last

Providence: last

New Haven: last

Hartford: last

Bridgeport/Stamford: last

NYC/Tri-state: last

Hudson Valley: tied last

Albany: last

Syracuse: last

Phily: last

I spent 2 days in CT 2 days in MA and 2 days in NM and very few tourist areas except in Boston no roaming and no 3g.

Was it always fast speeds..no, was it always reliable yes..

But yes, there is definitely room for much improvement.

That sounds more reasonable, but they did put this in their news release today:

Today at IoT World 2017, Sprint (NYSE: S) announced it will complete its deployment of LTE Cat 1 technology across its nationwide network by the end of July 2017.

I assumed that meant finishing LTE deployments on their network, unless that refers to the existing LTE footprint? I may have misunderstood what that meant. 

Does AT&T and Sprint have an agreement for LTE? Was in an area where Sprint hasn't upgraded the last cell site that lacks LTE and noticed my phone connected to AT&T B2 in the Bristol downtown area.

Screenshot_20170516-180143.png Screenshot_20170516-180031.png

Yes. It is interesting to see that AT&T LTE was preferred over 3G though…very interesting indeed…