Marcelo Claure, Town Hall Meetings, New Family Share Pack Plan, Unlimited Individual Plan, Discussion Thread

joshuam

No real reason to for me so far.

It just appeared. No software update that I could tell. Sprint Zone app started updating and then the new app was there.

Sent from my LGLS992 using Tapatalk

LG G6 has HPUE. Could be helpful?

Sprint is also doing 50% off on the LG G6 now ($14.75/Month for 24 Months) and including a free Google Home.

https://www.sprint.com/landings/promotions/index.html

"My Sprint" App is nice on iOS. I'm sure it's an improvement on Android as well. Big step for Sprint to decouple the App and bring it to Google Play.

"My Sprint" App is nice on iOS. I'm sure it's an improvement on Android as well. Big step for Sprint to decouple the App and bring it to Google Play.

now work on getting visual voicemail on all devices!

• Like 3

Seems ATT has made another good buy today

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/att-to-acquire-straight-path-communications-in-16-billion-deal-2017-04-10

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sprint's spectrum argument keeps eroding. If they could have gotten the spectrum on air sooner sprint might have been able to fill "the fastest" network niche.

• Like 3

Sprint's spectrum argument keeps eroding. If they could have gotten the spectrum on air sooner sprint might have been able to fill "the fastest" network niche.

This is true. They should have been the fastest a long time ago with how much spectrum they have.
  • Like 2

Hard to compare 2.5 to 29/39Ghz. This is def for hotspot situations, maybe stadium/events.

• Like 2

Hard to compare 2.5 to 29/39Ghz. This is def for hotspot situations, maybe stadium/events.

It even says in the article "virtual and augmented reality, telemedicine, autonomous cars, smart cities and more".

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I'm most likely wrong but I doubt they would paid that much for stadium use.

The article already tells you what it's for and it doesn't scream "network wide deployment for use on your phone."

• Like 1

It is going to help ATT with keeping their average speed high. Further, I don't think ATT is going to bypass the methods Sprint to get more usability out of high band spectrum.

AT&T 29/39 GHz and "5g" deployment are years away.  Sprint 2.5 GHz is now, and is currently expanding, although much slower than most of us would like. 

• Like 9

I see it as their new last mile broadband solution, as a replacement for VDSL or fiber or coax. Then they don't have to wire each house, especially in neighborhoods with all underground utilities.

It's probably cheaper to put a radio every so many utility poles and put a receiver on the outside of each house (similar to how an ONT is installed for fiber). Then it'll likely give you an Ethernet port inside that you plug your router into.

It would also likely work well for apartment complexes. No need to rewire. Makes it easier to compete with Comcast/Spectrum/etc.

I don't see this as a replacement for mobile broadband or wifi really. But it's pure speculation on my part.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

• Like 4

http://newsroom.sprint.com/news-releases/sprint-corporation-schedules-fiscal-2016-fourth-quarter-results-announcement.htm

OVERLAND PARK, Kan. (BUSINESS WIRE), April 11, 2017 - Sprint Corporation (NYSE: S) will release its fiscal 2016 fourth quarter financial results on Wednesday, May 3, 2017. The results will be posted at www.sprint.com/investors at approximately 7:30 a.m. ET. Sprint management will host a conference call at 8:30 a.m. ET to discuss the results.

Hopefully we see good things happen! More CapEx please!

• Like 6

http://newsroom.sprint.com/news-releases/sprint-corporation-schedules-fiscal-2016-fourth-quarter-results-announcement.htm

OVERLAND PARK, Kan. (BUSINESS WIRE), April 11, 2017 - Sprint Corporation (NYSE: S) will release its fiscal 2016 fourth quarter financial results on Wednesday, May 3, 2017. The results will be posted at www.sprint.com/investors at approximately 7:30 a.m. ET. Sprint management will host a conference call at 8:30 a.m. ET to discuss the results.

Hopefully we see good things happen! More CapEx please!

Yes more capex. Band 41 should have been on every tower a long time again.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

• Like 7

Same with US Cellular.  The longer they wait to hold, the less the company's worth.  Carriers are building over US Cellular's footprint and once that fully happens, I don't think they'll be able to compete and they'll have to sell off for cheap.

• Like 1

Same with US Cellular. The longer they wait to hold, the less the company's worth. Carriers are building over US Cellular's footprint and once that fully happens, I don't think they'll be able to compete and they'll have to sell off for cheap.

If that happens let's hope Sprint is the buyer. Their would be a fight between att and, Tmobile for uscc B12 and 5 spectrum.

• Like 1

Same with US Cellular. The longer they wait to hold, the less the company's worth. Carriers are building over US Cellular's footprint and once that fully happens, I don't think they'll be able to compete and they'll have to sell off for cheap.

U.S. Cellular just needs to realize that they can't keep charging VZW prices if they want to keep growing.

• Like 1

U.S. Cellular just needs to realize that they can't keep charging VZW prices if they want to keep growing.

That's very true. I think uscc is pretty much slow cause they only have 5x5 on all bands. I think

• Like 1

http://www.kansascity.com/news/business/technology/article143929944.html

The telecom industry has been awash in speculation about mergers and acquisitions even as a federal auction of airwaves licenses has kept the major players – Verizon, AT&T, T-Mobile, Comcast and others – from talking with one another about such things.

The federal ban on these kinds of talks is expected to end April 19, according to BTIG Research analyst Walter Piecyk.

--> Sprint's Earnings Call is on May 3rd. Could we hear a surprise?

• Like 1

http://www.kansascity.com/news/business/technology/article143929944.html

The telecom industry has been awash in speculation about mergers and acquisitions even as a federal auction of airwaves licenses has kept the major players – Verizon, AT&T, T-Mobile, Comcast and others – from talking with one another about such things.

The federal ban on these kinds of talks is expected to end April 19, according to BTIG Research analyst Walter Piecyk.

--> Sprint's Earnings Call is on May 3rd. Could we hear a surprise?

Probably not. I wonder who Sprint will merge with? I think Charter, Dish, or T-Mobile but T-Mobile prefers a cable company.

• Like 1