Marcelo Claure, Town Hall Meetings, New Family Share Pack Plan, Unlimited Individual Plan, Discussion Thread

joshuam

Thank the Good Lord above that this is a field test on COMMERICALLY DEPLOYED EQUIPMENT. Now I can only hope the CapEx ramps up in earnest so we can see this come over a far greater part of the network.

Also nice to see real progress on VoLTE. I'm hoping there's some sort of opt in this year. Finally Sprint management is talking good game on getting Sprint on a single network standard.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Also nice to see real progress on VoLTE.

The VoLTE on the Galaxy s8 probably means nothing for Sprint. It's been included on unlocked devices for a while now for the sole purpose of being used on T-Mobile and Verizon. Doubt we see VoLTE on Sprint this year.
  • Like 2

Does anyone know the reason why Sprint is just now wanting to deploy B41 LTE using Config 2? Why did Sprint even deploy B41 LTE Config 3 in the first place? Especially with the extra downlink frame in Config 2, wouldnt it have made more sense to start with that in the beginning.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Does anyone know the reason why Sprint is just now wanting to deploy B41 LTE using Config 2? Why did Sprint even deploy B41 LTE Config 3 in the first place? Especially with the extra downlink frame in Config 2, wouldnt it have made more sense to start with that in the beginning.

Probably because they were trying to find a good balance of download and upload speeds previously but after studying data patterns they realize that upload speeds aren't as much of a factor as they thought. People don't upload from their phone as much as they thought.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Probably because they were trying to find a good balance of download and upload speeds previously but after studying data patterns they realize that upload speeds aren't as much of a factor as they thought. People don't upload from their phone as much as they thought.

Also once 64QAM UL is added, they can use that spectrum even more efficiently with Config 2, while further still enhancing DL without using any additional spectrum.

• Like 1

Yeah, let's see this deployed in all of Sprint's sites and no more 1x for data?

What happens for Sprint when Verizon shuts down its 2G CDMA 1X network by December 31, 2019?

http://www.fiercewireless.com/wireless/verizon-to-shut-down-2g-cdma-1x-network-by-end-2019

What happens for Sprint when Verizon shuts down its 2G CDMA 1X network by December 31, 2019?

http://www.fiercewireless.com/wireless/verizon-to-shut-down-2g-cdma-1x-network-by-end-2019

Sprint has roaming deals with a ton of regionals but this also provides a sense of urgency with regard to VoLTE.

• Like 5

Thank the Good Lord above that this is a field test on COMMERICALLY DEPLOYED EQUIPMENT. Now I can only hope the CapEx ramps up in earnest so we can see this come over a far greater part of the network.

Also nice to see real progress on VoLTE. I'm hoping there's some sort of opt in this year. Finally Sprint management is talking good game on getting Sprint on a single network standard.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

VoLTE shouldn't be deployed until it's rock solid. Sprint has a great CDMA voice network, and it would be a mistake to launch VoLTE prematurely.

VoLTE should be opt-in at first.

• Like 2

People still roam on V?? LOL  (I haven't roamed on V for about 2 years)

All joking aside, if by 2019 V roaming is still a thing, I think Sprint will have other issues to worry about.

• Like 3

People still roam on V?? LOL  (I haven't roamed on V for about 2 years)

All joking aside, if by 2019 V roaming is still a thing, I think Sprint will have other issues to worry about.

I roam on Verizon when I go toward the center of this building I work in.  :-)

If I'm by the window, I get great Sprint LTE coverage.

People still roam on V?? LOL (I haven't roamed on V for about 2 years)

I would think by that time Sprint should he able to stand in some form on their own. Who knows, volte roaming could come into play. But I do want Sprint to cut down on the roaming costs they are paying to Verizon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

I roam on Verizon when I go toward the center of this building I work in.  :-)

If I'm by the window, I get great Sprint LTE coverage.

I keep my Voice/Data roaming off entirely. When working in Downtown DC in certain buildings, I sometimes see 3 dots of coverage on my iPhone 7 and 1X. What does this mean in terms of Sprint coverage?

Why am I picking up the voice network and not the LTE network?

I keep my Voice/Data roaming off entirely. When working in Downtown DC in certain buildings, I sometimes see 3 dots of coverage on my iPhone 7 and 1X. What does this mean in terms of Sprint coverage?

Maybe they just have 3G coverage in that area.  There are a lot of areas where that can happen.

Maybe they just have 3G coverage in that area.  There are a lot of areas where that can happen.

If there was 3G coverage, wouldn't I see that indicated instead of 1X? I'm literally one block from The White House.

Simply because 1x is alot more resilient and can travel further than 3G or LTE.

• Like 1

I guess the blackberry keyone(mercury) is coming to Sprint. 12664301fa06e3be845bb963758c38fd.jpg

Sent from my 2PYB2 using Tapatalk

I'll bet it's BYOD. I just don't see Sprint taking on inventory for a device that has 0% Market Share:

http://mashable.com/2017/02/15/blackberry-gartner-report/

• Like 1

Simply because 1x is alot more resilient and can travel further than 3G or LTE.

How's that?

Why am I seeing 3 Dots for voice coverage? Is this on Sprint's 800 MHz voice network? Why wouldn't I get 800 MHz LTE at this location?

I guess the blackberry keyone(mercury) is coming to Sprint.

12664301fa06e3be845bb963758c38fd.jpg

Sent from my 2PYB2 using Tapatalk

I wouldn't be surprised if this device would be sold to Sprint Business customers only but also having the option of purchasing it unlocked and bringing it to Sprint for non-business accounts.

I wouldn't be surprised if this device would be sold to Sprint Business customers only but also having the option of purchasing it unlocked and bringing it to Sprint for non-business accounts.

that wouldn't be a bad thing looking at the bands it supports