Marcelo Claure, Town Hall Meetings, New Family Share Pack Plan, Unlimited Individual Plan, Discussion Thread

joshuam

I realized after I posted it was possible that reps are supposed to tell people about it. Still, I would think most people would rather DM a Twitter account and have someone get back to them.

We've had people report success with phoned-in reports, right?

I've used Sprint Zone quite a bit. I think it's made a difference. I've only called about issues a couple times. That worked too as far as I can tell.

• Like 3

Unfortunately this is closer to my workplace rather than my home.  Otherwise I'd probably be ok with having a cell tower on my lot. haha

Perhaps your workplace wouldn't mind receiving a check every month from Sprint for placing a site there? Couldn't hurt to ask.

Would your workplace meet the site eligibility criteria?

If you're ok with having a cell tower on your lot, you should let Sprint know that as well, and submit a request. Best kind of money is mailbox money!  B)

• Like 1

Lmao I was just watching CNN and one of the panelists said "I have T-Mobile so if you call me the call will drop in 25 seconds"

Haha

Just out of sheer curiosity, was it a pro-Trump panelist? Trump and Legere have a history.

I use Sprint Zone a lot to report issues where there is low signal or no LTE. Do they look at these reports or is it a waste of time?

From my experience its a huge waste of time. Nothing ever gets done. Its like reporting to nothing.

Experiences vary. I reported an issue, it was fixed within a week. But that was something relatively simple, a recently installed tower stopped working.

Fixing reported dead zones is obviously not as simple as sending out a tech to replace bad equipment. That takes planning, zoning, equipment acquisitions, scheduling crews, and actually installing a new site. It can take a long time for that to happen. Even small cells can take months to get approved and installed.

• Like 1

Experiences vary. I reported an issue, it was fixed within a week. But that was something relatively simple, a recently installed tower stopped working.

Fixing reported dead zones is obviously not as simple as sending out a tech to replace bad equipment. That takes planning, zoning, equipment acquisitions, scheduling crews, and actually installing a new site. It can take a long time for that to happen. Even small cells can take months to get approved and installed.

Well mine are capacity issues but they can't just drop everything to throw more capacity in a city because there are more cities in the same situation which is Sprint's fault. Point is Sprint does things when they are ready to whether the network is bad or not.

There was a brief service interruption in Ericsson land this afternoon, and when LTE came back, all the PCIs had changed. The 169 offset is gone completely.

It looks like they're using the standard color/code group system now, e.g. PCI 387, 388, 389 = code/color 129/0, 129/1, 129/2.

There was a brief service interruption in Ericsson land this afternoon, and when LTE came back, all the PCIs had changed. The 169 offset is gone completely.

It looks like they're using the standard color/code group system now, e.g. PCI 387, 388, 389 = code/color 129/0, 129/1, 129/2.

My Ericsson markets (Both East and West KY) did this change over a year ago. B25 second carrier followed soon after for us. The Nashville market is still on the 169 offset as of the last time I was down there, about a month ago.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Kansas market made that change last month. Missouri market still has the 169 offset. 

Florida market changed 2 months ago.

My Ericsson markets (Both East and West KY) did this change over a year ago. B25 second carrier followed soon after for us. The Nashville market is still on the 169 offset as of the last time I was down there, about a month ago.

We got 2C B25 in the East Texas market at the end of last year shortly after the B26 TAC offset was removed. New Orleans market did just get 2C B25 this month (although they still have the B26 TAC offset).

For those who are in markets where B25 PCIs have changed *and* B41 is available, are you seeing the same PCIs across all three bands now?

For those who are in markets where B25 PCIs have changed *and* B41 is available, are you seeing the same PCIs across all three bands now?

No, B41 still has different PCIs, though they are sequential.

Sent from my LG G4

Interesting; I do hope sequential PCIs are coming to all markets.  All other carriers have them except Sprint, in my experience.  Whether the PCIs for different bands line up seems to vary:

Verizon:  Consistent across bands everywhere I've been.

AT&T:  Consistent across bands in DC market, not in other markets I've been to.

T-Mobile:  PCIs, like GCIs, vary wildly, including some sequential and some not, but seems sequential more often than not.  Not consistent across bands in the DC market.

Shentel:  169 offset, but consistent across all three bands.

nTelos:  Consistent across bands.

US Cellular:  No idea, phone doesn't record PCI.  Have yet to LTE roam in a place with both B5 and B12 to get the PCI with my Sprint phone which does record PCI.

- Trip

• Like 2

Just FYI...I was in the upper McLean VA area on Saturday, and I noticed that I had really strong signal. I also got really awesome speeds.

When I log into the forum site, I'll post the screenshots.

(I just tried twice to post screenshots, but for some reason Tapatalk won't allow images to be posted anymore)

• Like 1

Interesting; I do hope sequential PCIs are coming to all markets.  All other carriers have them except Sprint, in my experience.  Whether the PCIs for different bands line up seems to vary:

Verizon:  Consistent across bands everywhere I've been.

AT&T:  Consistent across bands in DC market, not in other markets I've been to.

T-Mobile:  PCIs, like GCIs, vary wildly, including some sequential and some not, but seems sequential more often than not.  Not consistent across bands in the DC market.

Shentel:  169 offset, but consistent across all three bands.

nTelos:  Consistent across bands.

US Cellular:  No idea, phone doesn't record PCI.  Have yet to LTE roam in a place with both B5 and B12 to get the PCI with my Sprint phone which does record PCI.

- Trip

My device was cycling through coverage/no service intermittently for about 15 minutes yesterday. Would this be related?

If I can check this on an iPhone, I can take a look.  Just need to know where I need to find the information on the phone.

Well mine are capacity issues but they can't just drop everything to throw more capacity in a city because there are more cities in the same situation which is Sprint's fault. Point is Sprint does things when they are ready to whether the network is bad or not.

There are capacity issues in downtown Nashville as well.  25, 25 and 41 are very slow, most times during the day you will be lucky to have .75 Mb up or down.  The funny thing is that if you switch back to 3G, the data speeds sometimes are two to three times faster.  It may not be the optimal thing to do but finding a way to get around some of the current issues is necessary.

Now that yall mention it, something's up with PCIs here. The sector I'm connected to is different from earlier this year. I'll have to take a trip outside to see if the offset is gone, but I don't think it is.

I normally don't pay attention to PCIs since they're more or less useless in ALU-land with no patterns, and I didn't notice this whenever it happened because my home sector is only a couple digits off what it used to be. TAC is the same.

Interesting news development: Verizon to raise $1.17B through bond backed by EIP loans

Sprint's creation of Mobile Leasing Solutions in conjunction with SoftBank was a pretty smart move!

On Page 10 of Sprint's Fiscal 4Q15 Quarterly Investor Update, it says:

The company executed its second sale-leaseback transaction of certain leased devices with MLS, providing a $1.1 billion cash infusion.

• Like 5

Sprint just officially opened its South Central Region headquarters in Little Rock, Ark.

LITTLE ROCK, Ark. (BUSINESS WIRE), June 29, 2016 - Sprint (NYSE: S) officially opened its South Central Region headquarters today, after formally announcing its job expansion in Arkansas at a press event in April with Governor Asa Hutchinson, Mayor Mark Stodola, and the Little Rock Regional Chamber. The newly-renovated 5,000 square-foot headquarters at 900 South Shackleford Road will house the regional offices for consumer and business sales, marketing, and finance space for Sprint.

Sprint currently has more than 230 company and dealer-owned stores across Arkansas, with 34 in Little Rock. Over the last three years, Sprint has spent more than $62 million on network enhancements in the state, which included voice and LTE optimization.

• Like 2

And Sprint's stock just keeps going up. Post-Brexit it kinda tanked but pretty much so did everyone else's but theirs just climbed right back up again really quickly.

• Like 2