Marcelo Claure, Town Hall Meetings, New Family Share Pack Plan, Unlimited Individual Plan, Discussion Thread

joshuam

Most of the ones I point out are ones in people's neighborhoods, for the very reason of demonstrating that when you arent thinking about them, you don't see them. If you want to see how this works, take a walk around your neighborhood and look for satellite dishes on your neighbor's roofs. You will find that more have them than you would have guessed. But the next time your phone doesn't send that picture or you drop a call you will certainly notice that.

Sent from my LGLS992 using Tapatalk

More low band could help too. *Thinks of 600 mhz auction, gets sad*

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

• Like 5

More low band could help too. *Thinks of 600 mhz auction, gets sad*

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Still wouldn't solve the immediate problems that small cells address. It would be too little too late. I haven't found an area with service so poor that my phone calls drop and texts don't go through.

• Like 2

*looks at neighborhoods with all underground utilities...*

My neighborhood is one of the city's many "historic districts" and the only utilities on the streets are light poles. We have telephone poles in some of our backyards but they're required to be shorter than our homes so that they don't show when viewing the front of the house. Because the poles are in the back of the house I'm not sure how useful it'll be to put a small cell there but if they ever wanted to, it's literally in my backyard!

Still wouldn't solve the immediate problems that small cells address. It would be too little too late. I haven't found an area with service so poor that my phone calls drop and texts don't go through.

That could be do to geographic location.

Here in the Northeast with hills and mountains I can have incredible coverage, drive down a hill lose it until I start coming up on the other side--- perfect location. For small cells

Lowry Park Zoo in Tampa needs a small cell. Horrible horrible experience there.

Have you reported this in the Sprint Zone App?

You could also contact the Zoo's management and have them reach out to Sprint for a small cell with these forms:

Site Eligibility Requirements

Site Submission Form

• Like 1

People on both sides of the issue are missing a key aspect of Mobilite's solutions: they are proposing 70-foot wooden poles in many areas. Those who write off Sprint's small cell efforts fail to realize that these mini macro cells are going to be practically the same height as many of AT&T and Verizon's full-scale macro antennas. They need these to be tall enough to propagate high-band spectrum over nearby buildings.

On the other side, those who simply cry NIMBY should take a good look at the photo in the linked article:

Uu4FvO8.jpg

The utility pole pictured is 30 feet tall. Mobilite wants to put in poles more than twice that height. That's why people are upset. Half of Alltel's macro network in Baton Rouge, Louisiana is wooden poles, and even they used 30-footers. The only reason these things are going to be considered small cells at this point are because of the mini macro equipment installed on them.

• Like 3

People on both sides of the issue are missing a key aspect of Mobilite's solutions: they are proposing 70-foot wooden poles in many areas. Those who write off Sprint's small cell efforts fail to realize that these mini macro cells are going to be practically the same height as many of AT&T and Verizon's full-scale macro antennas. They need these to be tall enough to propagate high-band spectrum over nearby buildings.

On the other side, those who simply cry NIMBY should take a good look at the photo in the linked article:

Uu4FvO8.jpg

The utility pole pictured is 30 feet tall. Mobilite wants to put in poles more than twice that height. That's why people are upset. Half of Alltel's macro network in Baton Rouge, Louisiana is wooden poles, and even they used 30-footers. The only reason these things are going to be considered small cells at this point are because of the mini macro equipment installed on them.

The assumption that a pole 70 feet high would be any more of an eye sore than that multi-dwelling housing unit is absurd. Sorry it is. Wireless towers become part of the urban back ground.

• Like 6

Just wanna make sure it's clear since the context is on the private side of this forum: my post and the quotes therein earlier in this thread were about 27-foot metal all-cables-hidden ODAS nodes (that's the height given by the company, not an estimate by me), not 70-foot Mobilitie small cells.

Is Mobilitie really trying to use 70-foot poles everywhere or is this an isolated example?

Just wanna make sure it's clear since the context is on the private side of this forum: my post and the quotes therein earlier in this thread were about 27-foot metal all-cables-hidden ODAS nodes (that's the height given by the company, not an estimate by me), not 70-foot Mobilitie small cells.

Is Mobilitie really trying to use 70-foot poles everywhere or is this an isolated example?

Sprint wants them in a lot of places because they're much cheaper to put up than full-blown macro sites.

Have you reported this in the Sprint Zone App?

You could also contact the Zoo's management and have them reach out to Sprint for a small cell with these forms:

Site Eligibility Requirements

Site Submission Form

What exactly comes from reporting through the app? I've reported the same spot at least 50 times here in NJ and nothing. I don't even bother using it anymore.

The assumption that a pole 70 feet high would be any more of an eye sore than that multi-dwelling housing unit is absurd. Sorry it is. Wireless towers become part of the urban back ground.

Theres a difference between a cellphone tower being inside private property vs. a 70 foot tall pole sticking out right next to the side of the road.

Theres a difference between a cellphone tower being inside private property vs. a 70 foot tall pole sticking out right next to the side of the road.

My point is that if you are going to complain about the looks of a 70 foot pole you might want to consider the looks of the buildings around it. That housing unit was far more offensive than a tall pole.

• Like 4

What exactly comes from reporting through the app? I've reported the same spot at least 50 times here in NJ and nothing. I don't even bother using it anymore.

When enough issue reports are filed within a certain amount of time, Sprint opens a investigation.

Honestly, you should reach out to the zoo management and tell them that your zoo experience would be enhanced with better wireless service from Sprint. Have them fill out the forms for Sprint to follow up with them.

When enough issue reports are filed within a certain amount of time, Sprint opens a investigation.

Honestly, you should reach out to the zoo management and tell them that your zoo experience would be enhanced with better wireless service from Sprint. Have them fill out the forms for Sprint to follow up with them.

I doubt one complaint about Sprint is going to get Sprint to do anything about it. In alot of cases Sprint knows its weak areas and may choose to address it or ignore it. Chances are this method will solve anythhing without multiple people also reporting.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

My point is that if you are going to complain about the looks of a 70 foot pole you might want to consider the looks of the buildings around it. That housing unit was far more offensive than a tall pole.

People are not going to just roll over and allow a 70 foot pole to be erected on their street just because their residence is "offensive" to you.

Hell, I find newer suburban communities to be ugly and lacking uniqueness. But that doesn't mean they shouldn't have their concerns heard and even acted upon. To each their own...

• Like 1

People are not going to just roll over and allow a 70 foot pole to be erected on their street just because their residence is "offensive" to you.

Hell, I find newer suburban communities to be ugly and lacking uniqueness. But that doesn't mean they shouldn't have their concerns heard and even acted upon. To each their own...

Then don't complain about sucky cell phone service.

• Like 5

I doubt one complaint about Sprint is going to get Sprint to do anything about it. In alot of cases Sprint knows its weak areas and may choose to address it or ignore it. Chances are this method will solve anythhing without multiple people also reporting.

Perhaps he's not the only one complaining.

He should still reach out to Zoo Management and put them in touch with Sprint.

Perhaps he's not the only one complaining.

He should still reach out to Zoo Management and put them in touch with Sprint.

Worth a shot. Worse case senerio is nothing happens.

• Like 3

I love sprint and definitely pulling for the underdog. But it's crazy with all that money and technology WE need to reach out to zoo management then have them contact sprint to get better service.

I understand the middle of nowhere but a zoo??? The first thing sprint should be doing is checking on amusement parks,malls, airports, stadiums, places of interest.... Smh it seems like it should be common sense?? No?

• Like 2

Then don't complain about sucky cell phone service.

If wireless providers want to install small cells, then they need to do a better job of camouflaging these equipment. They already do so in so many places (flag pole towers, fake palm trees cells, etc) so why not do the same for small cells? It doesn't matter how ugly or poor a community is; Mobilite (and all providers) needs to respect the concerns of the residents of the communities they want to install these small cells in. It would be a terrible PR move not to do so for Sprint.

There's also a huge difference between a small cell above an existing street light and a new stand alone 70 ft. wood pole in plain view. One of the benefits of small cells was supposed to be discreetness. And at 70 ft., they aren't trying to hide these anymore.

• Like 1

If wireless providers want to install small cells, then they need to do a better job of camouflaging these equipment. They already do so in so many places (flag pole towers, fake palm trees cells, etc) so why not do the same for small cells? It doesn't matter how ugly or poor a community is; Mobilite (and all providers) needs to respect the concerns of the residents of the communities they want to install these small cells in. It would be a terrible PR move not to do so for Sprint.

There's also a huge difference between a small cell above an existing street light and a new stand alone 70 ft. wood pole in plain view. One of the benefits of small cells was supposed to be discreetness. And at 70 ft., they aren't trying to hide these anymore.

Excuse me but that is you opinion. Frankly I like the way cell towers look. If you whine about the way these things look and the economics doesn't work out for them they won't build and it is your fault. So don't complain. The world isnt perfect. Get over it.

• Like 1

Excuse me but that is you opinion. Frankly I like the way cell towers look. If you whine about the way these things look and the economics doesn't work out for them they won't build and it is your fault. So don't complain. The world isnt perfect. Get over it.

You like them, but it's obvious there is a segment of homeowners who don't. And it boggles my mind how you can't understand that. Personally, I would do everything possible to stop a 70 ft. pole from being erected if that was my property in the picture above. Especially since there are existing utility poles that can be used already in place.

There are many people who like to keep certain neighborhoods looking a certain way. Providing coverage is the Wireless carrier's problem, not the users. If Sprint doesn't want to play by the rules a specific neighborhood sets, then I'm sure another provider will at some point in order to gain customers in that area.