Marcelo Claure, Town Hall Meetings, New Family Share Pack Plan, Unlimited Individual Plan, Discussion Thread

joshuam

asked Marcelo earlier today if sprint could possibly upgrade or update their lte maps to show a better representation of LTE, as the maps show lte coverage where there is no voice coverage 

(no response)

• Like 2

I went to a Sprint store today and there were more employees working than people in the store! Wanted to upgrade to the M8, but since when does the account holder need to be present for that? My last upgrade didn't need that! I said I'll just do it online I guess, and then left

I went to a Sprint store today and there were more employees working than people in the store! Wanted to upgrade to the M8, but since when does the account holder need to be present for that? My last upgrade didn't need that! I said I'll just do it online I guess, and then left

I did an upgrade and return without the account holder. I'd say that's strange too.

Sent from my iPhone 5s using Tapatalk

With all the financing and easy pay stores wont do shit. If people bill thousands to an account and the holder doesn't want it the store that did have to credit off the entire cost of the phones. Its cheaper to only do stuff with the account holder present and protects sprint from lawsuits.

• Like 2

asked Marcelo earlier today if sprint could possibly upgrade or update their lte maps to show a better representation of LTE, as the maps show lte coverage where there is no voice coverage 

(no response)

#newdayformaps would be nice to see him respond to my tweet to him regarding to the maps in general

Even if I want to put it on my own credit card?

Only if you are paying full price. Anything that resets the subsidy period(upgrade) or extends/resets the contract should require the account owners permission.

• Like 1

Only if you are paying full price. Anything that resets the subsidy period(upgrade) or extends/resets the contract should require the account owners permission.

I have the Framily plan with no contract. I have the money now, so I figured I might as well just full it all at once on a credit card.

Okay. I updated the spreadsheet so you can plug your employer discount into it and then see what the pricing is.

Also, if anyone could give me pricing and how employer discounts are calculated for the Everything Data plans I can add that to the comparisons as well. :)

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1L4FXkfyfM69LNJ6-vJ0baMZxdSWJ8N8aQNS_vVd5XOM

edit: The range of discounts is really surprising.

• Like 5

I suggest / request that your spreadsheet deserves to be broken out of this thread and allocated a separate thread of it's own, so that all users who may have not ever read this thread can enjoy and benefit, and that it doesn't get/stay buried in this particular thread.

• Like 4

Okay. I updated the spreadsheet so you can plug your employer discount into it and then see what the pricing is.

Also, if anyone could give me pricing and how employer discounts are calculated for the Everything Data plans I can add that to the comparisons as well. :)

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1L4FXkfyfM69LNJ6-vJ0baMZxdSWJ8N8aQNS_vVd5XOM

On the data share 1500 comes off 110 no matter how many lines you have. On my way it comes off the $30 data for each line.

You can just type Sprint.com/insertcompanynamehere and it'll display the discount amount.

So, for example, if you work at Citi, you would go to https://www.sprint.com/citi.

You can just type Sprint.com/insertcompanynamehere and it'll display the discount amount.

So, for example, if you work at Citi, you would go to https://www.sprint.com/citi.

But the following URL produces a 404 error.  What is happening?  I think that I have been rooked in taking the S4GRU Tech Editor job.

https://www.sprint.com/s4gru

;)

AJ

• Like 7

Seems that Sprint is unraveling the Uncarrier.

Sprint now offers buyback up to 3 devices. (As reported by Engadget and Bloomberg news)

Apparently, T-Mobile (or more to the point, Legere) couldn't keep its mouth shut and was tweeting that he was going to unveil in the upcoming uncarrier event that they will buy price match any trade in price from the other 3 major carriers and give you $50 on top of that. So naturally Sprint went on the attack and announced that they will do the same but up to 3 devices and the program starts immediately as oppose to T-Mobile which starts on Sept 17th.

Gives new meaning to foot in mouth.

TS out

• Like 14

Sprint now offers buyback up to 3 devices. (As reported by Engadget and Bloomberg news)

Apparently, T-Mobile (or more to the point, Legere) couldn't keep its mouth shut and was tweeting that he was going to unveil in the upcoming uncarrier event that they will buy price match any trade in price from the other 3 major carriers and give you $50 on top of that. So naturally Sprint went on the attack and announced that they will do the same but up to 3 devices and the program starts immediately as oppose to T-Mobile which starts on Sept 17th.

TS out

It will be interesting to see what is announced tomorrow, and if Sprint can match or trump it.
  • Like 1

TS out

Sprint has bought back multple devices for years, there has never been a system limitation stopping more than 1 or 3 or what ever buybacks. People bring in bags or old phones and ive done 10 buybacks in one transaction before.
  • Like 2

I had an interesting talk with a CS rep today over the phone, I was told once my contract is up or 18 months had past that the "Spending Limit (when I signed up my credit wasn't great whereas now it's over 720)" would be removed from my account. Well apparently the CS rep I spoke to back in May was wrong, the only way to remove it is to sign up for auto-bill pay which I do not want. So in the end I got a semi-permanent $11 credit on my bill for the next two years to make up for it. Which brings my solo Framily plan down to $44/month + $20 for unlimited data. Though I am still not completely satisfied as I was lied to or was I? :unsure:

I had been on ASL since I signed up with Sprint, and just never inquired about getting it removed...but after 6 years, I decided to just up and ask them "hey, can I have that $4.99 fee removed"...

Transfer to account services..couple minutes on phone with rep...no more ASL fee.

I never came close to hitting the spending limits anyway..but paying extra $4.99 monthly just for nothing...figured it couldn't hurt to ask.

I had been on ASL since I signed up with Sprint, and just never inquired about getting it removed...but after 6 years, I decided to just up and ask them "hey, can I have that $4.99 fee removed"...

Transfer to account services..couple minutes on phone with rep...no more ASL fee.

I never came close to hitting the spending limits anyway..but paying extra $4.99 monthly just for nothing...figured it couldn't hurt to ask.

It's $7.99 for me, I am going to call again soon as I have a perfect payment record and I am no longer under contract and obviously over the 18 months. I think I was lied to, here's hoping it will be removed and I will still be able to keep that $11 credit. :)

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

I suggest / request that your spreadsheet deserves to be broken out of this thread and allocated a separate thread of it's own, so that all users who may have not ever read this thread can enjoy and benefit, and that it doesn't get/stay buried in this particular thread.

Good idea. I had been mulling it over but now that the spreadsheet isn't just a flat list of prices I think it would be okay to move it out. Thread is here: http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/6402-sprint-plan-comparison-spreadsheet/

• Like 2