Marcelo Claure, Town Hall Meetings, New Family Share Pack Plan, Unlimited Individual Plan, Discussion Thread

joshuam

I interpreted new logo acquisition meaning they are buying someone out. In the past I have seen the term Logo Acquisition to mean a new asset purchase. I have never seen someone working on a new corporate logo refer to New Logo Acquisition, especially when referring to it in a sales job. Although, it could be. Just trying to wrap my mind around it. It could be in reference to the purchase of Radio Shack stores though.

. . . and/or acquisition of nTelos?! :-D

Sent from my Tapatalk 4.9.5

Yes, I downgraded. :-D

It could just mean that they're finally winding down the iPCS aquisition.

Since, for whatever reason, that branding and corporate structure is still in use at corporate stores in Grand Rapids.

Now that makes sense.

Using Moto X² on Tapatalk

• Like 1

I interpreted new logo acquisition meaning they are buying someone out.  In the past I have seen the term Logo Acquisition to mean a new asset purchase.  I have never seen someone working on a new corporate logo refer to New Logo Acquisition, especially when referring to it in a sales job.  Although, it could be.  Just trying to wrap my mind around it.  It could be in reference to the purchase of Radio Shack stores though.

It's actually neither of those things. Part of my job function is sales - new "logo" acquisition just means they're trying to acquire new customers in business to business sales. Looking at the job description, the role's being quota'd on them bringing in 25+ business accounts - or 25+ new companies to buy Sprint services, probably related to the new announcement about the Workplace as a service offering.

• Like 6

It's actually neither of those things. Part of my job function is sales - new "logo" acquisition just means they're trying to acquire new customers in business to business sales. Looking at the job description, the role's being quota'd on them bringing in 25+ business accounts - or 25+ new companies to buy Sprint services, probably related to the new announcement about the Workplace as a service offering.

That makes a lot of sense. Get them to switch logos. Thanks for the explanation.
  • Like 2

Yeah, it's more around acquiring logos to use in sales slides and references - every company selling to others loves to be able to say "and look at all of these companies you want to be like, they use our product [x]".  We call them Nascar slides most of the time.

• Like 6

The best part about this is that sprint has cheap options to improve the area that the lag in the most, Data speed. Simply finishing the last lagging NV sites and deploying all of their spectrum assets across all their towers will improve that metric markedly. Now the just need to execute which is something sprint has struggled with.

NYC is still a trouble spot though. http://www.rootmetrics.com/us/rsr/new-york-city-and-tri-state-area/2015/1H

I thought the data speeds would have been better for NYC, I know they are moving as fast as they can...but it's not enough yet.

Same for Seattle - http://www.rootmetrics.com/us/rsr/seattle-wa

Speeds aren't bad by any means (they clocked a much faster median score there, than they pull here). But I was hoping they'd be past AT&T by now.

Speeds aren't bad by any means (they clocked a much faster median score there, than they pull here). But I was hoping they'd be past AT&T by now.

Markets where they lack b26 are going to continue to lag. Even if they have b25 and b41 deployed, simply because of coverage issues.

NYC is still a trouble spot though. http://www.rootmetrics.com/us/rsr/new-york-city-and-tri-state-area/2015/1H

I thought the data speeds would have been better for NYC, I know they are moving as fast as they can...but it's not enough yet.

The best part about this is that sprint has cheap options to improve the area that the lag in the most, Data speed. Simply finishing the last lagging NV sites and deploying all of their spectrum assets across all their towers will improve that metric markedly. Now the just need to execute which is something sprint has struggled with.

I honestly wonder, though, how much of a drag "unlimited" data users are on Sprint's speed metrics.  That may be something Sprint is not able to overcome in a race for the speed crown.

Look at the facts.  Because of band 41, Sprint has greater LTE bandwidth deployed in many metros than does either VZW or AT&T.  Or, at the very least, Sprint still has greater LTE bandwidth deployed on a per capita basis.  But Sprint also has so many more "unlimited" data users.  And while we will not broach the data "abuser" debate here, we know that Sprint "unlimited" data users are not reticent about using data, unlike their VZW and AT&T capped data counterparts.

The speed demons and average consumers may just want to see what median data speeds they can expect in a given market.  RootMetrics provides that.  However, the network admins and wireless nerds may rather focus on overall network utilization per market.  Thus, a better market based metric for that could be median data speeds multiplied by median data usage.

AJ

• Like 2

I honestly wonder, though, how much of a drag "unlimited" data users are on Sprint's speed metrics. That may be something Sprint is not able to overcome in a race for the speed crown.

Look at the facts. Because of band 41, Sprint has greater LTE bandwidth deployed in many metros than does either VZW or AT&T. Or, at the very least, Sprint still has greater LTE bandwidth deployed on a per capita basis. But Sprint also has so many more "unlimited" data users. And while we will not broach the data "abuser" debate here, we know that Sprint "unlimited" data users are not reticent about using data, unlike their VZW and AT&T capped data counterparts.

The speed demons and average consumers may just want to see what median data speeds they can expect in a given market. RootMetrics provides that. However, the network admins and wireless nerds may rather focus on overall network utilization per market. Thus, a better market based metric for that could be median data speeds multiplied by median data usage.

AJ

Sounds like a job for more b41 carriers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I honestly wonder, though, how much of a drag "unlimited" data users are on Sprint's speed metrics. That may be something Sprint is not able to overcome in a race for the speed crown.

Look at the facts. Because of band 41, Sprint has greater LTE bandwidth deployed in many metros than does either VZW or AT&T. Or, at the very least, Sprint still has greater LTE bandwidth deployed on a per capita basis. But Sprint also has so many more "unlimited" data users. And while we will not broach the data "abuser" debate here, we know that Sprint "unlimited" data users are not reticent about using data, unlike their VZW and AT&T capped data counterparts.

The speed demons and average consumers may just want to see what median data speeds they can expect in a given market. RootMetrics provides that. However, the network admins and wireless nerds may rather focus on overall network utilization per market. Thus, a better market based metric for that could be median data speeds multiplied by median data usage.

AJ

But you can say the same about T-Mobile and they seem to manage to maintain high peak speeds. I don't think unlimited data users varry that drastically from limited band width users on average. A great deal many unlimited users are on it just because they like the sound of unlimited. At least that was the claim of sprints last CEO, but things change fast so maybe the population of sprint unlimited users are skewing more towards the high end.
  • Like 4

Maybe once Sprint add three 20mhz carriers we will have an understanding of how faster they will. Now many of the users use sprint LTE as their main Internet provider.

These people tethering 24/7 should be kicked out. When the tmobile trolls care about only speed is because they are using their lines as hotspots.

But you can say the same about T-Mobile and they seem to manage to maintain high peak speeds.

No, without additional info --  at the very least, "unlimited" data versus capped data uptake and median data usage -- you cannot say the same about T-Mobile.  Maybe T-Mobile is comparable, maybe not.  Regardless, we cannot deduce that just from RootMetrics speed testing.

AJ

• Like 1

As I have stated in the NYC thread, this is definitely not indicative of the current state of Sprint in NYC.

Sprint has been doing heavy optimization in NYC, on top of having a massive Clear B41 outage for about a month.

I have access to T mobile and ATT lines as well, and Sprint blows ATT away and pretty close to T-Mobile outdoors and better indoors.

So take these results with a grain of salt, until optimizations are complete.

• Like 1

No, without additional info -- at the very least, "unlimited" data versus capped data uptake and median data usage -- you cannot say the same about T-Mobile. Maybe T-Mobile is comparable, or maybe it is not. Regardless, we cannot say that just from RootMetrics speed testing.

AJ

Right. But what I was trying to say is the offers and sub base of T-Mobile and sprint are similar enough to assume no large varrence in average sub. Usage. It may be wrong but there is not an obvious reason for that.
  • Like 1

Right. But what I was trying to say is the offers and sub base of T-Mobile and sprint are similar enough to assume no large varrence in average sub. Usage. It may be wrong but there is not an obvious reason for that.

T-Mo also has the benefit of a better site density and site location than Sprint does. I'm planning on taking my Nexus 5 and using it on T-Mobile just to gauge coverage and speeds. I know from what family tells me, their AT&T and T-Mobile experience is better than Sprint's when together.

• Like 1

T-Mo also has the benefit of a better site density and site location than Sprint does. I'm planning on taking my Nexus 5 and using it on T-Mobile just to gauge coverage and speeds. I know from what family tells me, their AT&T and T-Mobile experience is better than Sprint's when together.

Site density, yes. Site location is relative to where you use your phone. In my experience though, even though T-Mobile has a stronger signal than Sprint outdoors (at least in NYC), Sprint did in fact have the stronger signal indoors and quite regularly too. There were areas where the opposite was true but that was more so the exception rather than the rule. AT&T in the NYC metro area is slowly becoming worse. Their speeds have been coming down and their indoor coverage is being rivaled by Sprint in many areas throughout the city so they're in a sticky position.

• Like 1

Im assuming you mean in NJ, in NYC (Bronx, Manhattan, BK and Queens) I find that Tmobile does decent outdoors. Indoors is questionable. 

Where I live, Tmobile goes from H to LTE back and fourth, until you hit the hallways of my building, then it goes dead! Zero signal. Whereas my Sprint will park on B26. I see this trend alot in the city.

But, Tmobile does well outdoors, about the same as Sprint, sometimes faster sometimes slower. 

• Like 2

Was checking the coverage map for sprint and a survey comes up out the coverage part of the site. It asked much needed questions about ease of use and if the map was visually appealing. The survey also asked for recommendations on how to improve/change it. 450ef3d66a2005cb479e7ef5e9e1b3c6.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 7