Marcelo Claure, Town Hall Meetings, New Family Share Pack Plan, Unlimited Individual Plan, Discussion Thread

joshuam

Where I used to live, these were the ranges I saw:

• LTE 700 around 50 miles (AT&T)
  • LTE 750 around 45 miles (Verizon)
  • AWS LTE around 20 miles (Verizon)
  • LTE 1900 around 12 miles (Sprint)
  • WCDMA 850 around 50 miles (AT&T)
  • AWS WCDMA around 18 miles (T-Mobile)
  • WCDMA 1900 around 25 miles (T-Mobile)
  • CDMA 1900 around 20 miles (Verizon)
  • CDMA 850 around 50 miles (C Spire)

Interesting that ATT lte 700 and wcdma 850 both 50miles.

Those are what you saw so I know this doesn't necessarily mean those are the max ranges but I thought wcdma and cdma go waaaay farther than lte.

Interesting that ATT lte 700 and wcdma 850 both 50miles.

Those are what you saw so I know this doesn't necessarily mean those are the max ranges but I thought wcdma and cdma go waaaay farther than lte.

In my experiences, 5MHz WCDMA is usable about the same distance as 10MHz LTE. There is an advantage to 5MHz WCDMA over 5MHz LTE on the same frequency. But it's not huge. They both are trying to achieve the same thing. Voice and high speed data with the same channel width and frequency band. Shouldn't be much difference really.

CDMA 1x can go much farther though.

• Like 1

In my experiences, 5MHz WCDMA is usable about the same distance as 10MHz LTE. There is an advantage to 5MHz WCDMA over 5MHz LTE on the same frequency. But it's not huge. They both are trying to achieve the same thing. Voice and high speed data with the same channel width and frequency band. Shouldn't be much difference really.

Why can 1.25fdd CDMA go much farther?

Should wider bw be more resilient?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm sure folks have seen now Sprint's new promotion of buying out all fees, including device financing, for customers who are switching over to Sprint.

I think it's a great offer, and a compelling reason for folks to come to Sprint and not be stuck with fees that they still owe their previous carriers. 

Why can 1.25fdd CDMA go much farther?

Should wider bw be more resilient?

The older technologies like CDMA2000 are typically more robust to interference and disruption, because they're not trying to cram as much information in the same amount of frequency as LTE is.

• Like 4

All of the empirical calculations in this thread are wrong.  Energy cannot be created nor destroyed, only transferred.  The correct propagation distance is ∞.

So, in 25 years, yes, the aliens in the Vega system will be listening to your inane phone calls and receiving your "sexts."

AJ

• Like 3

http://newsroom.sprint.com/news-releases/sprint-workplace-as-a-service-delivers-all-the-wireless-wireline-technology-needed-to-run-a-business-per-user-per-month.htm

Kinda funny how Sprint comes out with this just days before T-Mobile's next Uncarrier announcement, which is rumored to target small business.

Sprint also announced a Samsung phone/tablet bundle.

http://newsroom.sprint.com/news-releases/sprint-introduces-new-samsung-device-tablet-and-service-bundle.htm

http://newsroom.sprint.com/news-releases/sprint-workplace-as-a-service-delivers-all-the-wireless-wireline-technology-needed-to-run-a-business-per-user-per-month.htm

Kinda funny how Sprint comes out with this just days before T-Mobile's next Uncarrier announcement, which is rumored to target small business.

Sprint also announced a Samsung phone/tablet bundle.

http://newsroom.sprint.com/news-releases/sprint-introduces-new-samsung-device-tablet-and-service-bundle.htm

With my corporate discount, Sprint is the most expensive option available to me.  It doesn't make sense. lol 

All this talk has me wondering how far - in a mostly ideal situation - a 1x800 CDMA signal can travel!

All this talk has me wondering how far - in a mostly ideal situation - a 1x800 CDMA signal can travel!

All of the empirical calculations in this thread are wrong.  Energy cannot be created nor destroyed, only transferred.  The correct propagation distance is ∞.

So, in 25 years, yes, the aliens in the Vega system will be listening to your inane phone calls and receiving your "sexts."

AJ

That's refreshing. I need to update my online dating profile from up to 15 miles to up to 25 light years. Clearly, I've been limiting myself to too few planets.

Okay, but if I were you, I would think twice before dating any Gelgameks...

AJ

• Like 1

I had a -122 1x signal at a campsite on the lake Superior shoreline in Michigan's UP last fall. All the photos I took at this spot have my geolocation as Lutsen, MN, so I suspect the signal was from the tower there. That's over 70 miles of lake in between! I wouldn't go so far as to say it was entirely usable though. I received a couple text messages but couldn't send. After several try's I connected to my voicemail for several seconds before it disconnected. That's when I decided I was intentionally putting myself where my phone shouldn't work, I should stop trying to make it work!

IMG_2784.PNG

• Like 6

AJ

Awesome, that means there is no spectrum crunch, we can fire up towers in LA to service New York and vice versa!

Awesome, that means there is no spectrum crunch, we can fire up towers in LA to service New York and vice versa!

In a vacuum and without obstacles. Breathing or long distance LTE...you choose. :)

Using Moto X² on Tapatalk

• Like 1

I let Mr. Legere know on Twitter. I wonder if he'll respond.

Okay, but if I were you, I would think twice before dating any Gelgameks...

AJ

Being such a transient city, I think the girls in Atlanta have more for would-be partners to worry about inside their vaginas besides razor sharp teeth.  Eek.

http://www.sprint.jobs/job/Grand-Rapids-Corporate-Sales-Account-Executive-%28New-Logo-Acquisition%29-Job-MI-49501/248125800/

I'll just leave this here.

Sent from Josh's iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk 3.1.1

Interesting indeed.  I don't really mind their current logo but I'll be interested to see the final result.

I interpreted new logo acquisition meaning they are buying someone out.  In the past I have seen the term Logo Acquisition to mean a new asset purchase.  I have never seen someone working on a new corporate logo refer to New Logo Acquisition, especially when referring to it in a sales job.  Although, it could be.  Just trying to wrap my mind around it.  It could be in reference to the purchase of Radio Shack stores though.

• Like 4

I interpreted new logo acquisition meaning they are buying someone out.  In the past I have seen the term Logo Acquisition to mean a new asset purchase.  I have never seen someone working on a new corporate logo refer to New Logo Acquisition, especially when referring to it in a sales job.  Although, it could be.  Just trying to wrap my mind around it.  It could be in reference to the purchase of Radio Shack stores though.

opening a bunch of stores under Sprint <new name/logo what have you> and “finishing” network vision — would be a great time to shake things up a bit.   I see it as a great move 

• Like 2

Interesting indeed.  I don't really mind their current logo but I'll be interested to see the final result.

It could just mean that they're finally winding down the iPCS aquisition.

Since, for whatever reason, that branding and corporate structure is still in use at corporate stores in Grand Rapids.

• Like 3

I'm not in sales so I don't know what it means for certain, but I've seen this acronym with other sales positions. A logical guess would be something like large organization growth opportunities. Acquisition in this context would be Sprint hiring a bunch of new sales reps to go after (acquire) corporate accounts they currently don't have. I'm reasonably certain it has nothing to do with Sprint acquiring a company or the radio shack deal. 

• Like 2