Marcelo Claure, Town Hall Meetings, New Family Share Pack Plan, Unlimited Individual Plan, Discussion Thread

joshuam

I if/what portion of the new plan is eligible for a corporate discount?

POSSIBLY none since they don't break it out by service + phone; it's technically a all-in-one.

TMO used similar tactic to get rid of discounts on the $100 2 line unlimited: since the deal is sooo good - and I think it is - no discounts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"introduced automated detection and self-learning functionality, and we are now introducing these tools at Sprint."

That is awesome. Having a network that seems to be somewhat self-aware of failure points.

• Like 3

The NV Funding Bill is passed. The system goes on-line August 4th, 1997. Human decisions are removed from strategic upgrades. NV begins to learn at a geometric rate. It becomes self-aware at 2:14 a.m. Eastern time, August 29th. In a panic, they try to pull the plug.

Duh da DA da dum.

• Like 6

I'm looking at the option of switching from ED1500 to Sprint's Family Share Plan and would like your opinions, please.

We currently have 6 lines on ED1500 (10% Credit Union Discount) paying $303.82 w/TEP on 2 lines, taxes, fees, etc. and we use between 15-25GB of shared data.  I'm thinking about switching to the Family Share plan to save some money and to have the flexibility to share data with tablets ($10/mo).  Plus it would be nice to be able to use the hotspot feature on our phones.

After speaking with someone at Sprint Executive Services, I was offered the option of switching to Family Share, getting Double the Data (40GB plan is doubled to 80GB) and the $15 fee waived until 12/2015. My monthly bill would be $157 (plus taxes, fees, etc.) until the end of 2015.  After that, it would be $247 plus taxes, fees, etc. which would be approximately $282/month.

Alternatively, I could go with the 30GB/60GB doubled for about $18 less per month.  Given what I was offered, would you switch to Family Share?

Given what I was offered, would you switch to Family Share?

I would, and did.  Even after adding a LivePro, my bill for 5 lines and 2 (increased from 1) hot spots went down about $100.

• Like 1

How the heck did you get 80 gigs for 157?

Sprint Executive Services is offering to extend to me the previously expired, as of 2/13/2015, Double Data promo to give me 80GB for the price of 40GB, which is normally $150, minus 10% discount = $135.  Add the $22 for TEP on two lines and it is $157 plus taxes, fees, etc.

With 80GB, I'll have enough data to use for quite a while.  I offload to WiFi whenever possible anyway.

I could probably even drop the insurance and save $22 as all lines would be eligible for Easy Pay/Full Price device upgrades right away, if I understand correctly.

Sprint Executive Services is offering to extend to me the previously expired, as of 2/13/2015, Double Data promo to give me 80GB for the price of 40GB, which is normally $150, minus 10% discount = $135.  Add the $22 for TEP on two lines and it is $157 plus taxes, fees, etc.

With 80GB, I'll have enough data to use for quite a while.  I offload to WiFi whenever possible anyway.

I could probably even drop the insurance and save $22 as all lines would be eligible for Easy Pay/Full Price device upgrades right away, if I understand correctly.

Wow 80 GB is so much data..

At 8 mbps it would take 22 days to use that much  :o

• Like 1

Verizon Communications' (VZ) Presents at Morgan Stanley Technology, Media & Telecom Conference (Transcript) $VZ

http://www.seekingalpha.com/article/2966366

Simon Flannery

And you still have something like 47 megahertz dedicated to CDMA?

Fran Shammo

That's correct.

I'm pretty sure that means 23.5fdd average across top X markets.

12.5ffd 850mhz and 10fdd MHz-ish in pcs.

Sprint called out for "America's newest network" claim in ads...

http://adage.com/article/cmo-strategy/national-advertising-division-asks-sprint-drop-ad-claims/297417/

Why exactly? From a purely technical standpoint, I think the NSN TDD gear is the most "up-to-date" equipment currently in use in the US. Unless I'm wrong on that, that alone could put down the claim.
  • Like 1

http://adage.com/article/cmo-strategy/national-advertising-division-asks-sprint-drop-ad-claims/297417/

Not going to change it's advertising. Otherwise America wouldn't have 200 number 1 rated movies.

Also I found it funny that with Sprint's public perception, they go with "America's Favorite 4G Network."

Sent from my M8

• Like 1

Of course, it would be T-Mobile, that would 'sick-the-dogs' on Sprint.

Nothing but sour grapes from T-Mobile that Sprint's network is getting faster, and T-Mobile's is getting bogged down.

• Like 9

That is so childish of T-Mobile. They are too focused and worried about other networks.

• Like 2

That is so childish of T-Mobile. They are too focused and worried about other networks.

It's only because they are now taking the defensive because they know that their efforts are futile...you can only bluff so long before the rosy smelling bullshit starts to stink....So bash everyone else, it's the only attack plan they have...

• Like 4

It's only because they are now taking the defensive because they know that their efforts are futile...you can only bluff so long before the rosy smelling bullshit starts to stink....So bash everyone else, it's the only attack plan they have...

And LAA

It's really sad to worry about another carriers ads. Your the uncarrier, people are coming over in droves so what does it matter what sprint calls themselves cause the brand is damaged so it don't matter plus he has said sprint is not completion. T-Mobile has rubbed each carrier the wrong way with its crybaby tactics but I'm sure a wake up call will happen at the 600 auction.

• Like 1