Marcelo Claure, Town Hall Meetings, New Family Share Pack Plan, Unlimited Individual Plan, Discussion Thread

joshuam

6 hours ago, Paynefanbro said:

Good on Sprint for protecting the integrity of what 5G is, and for protecting its own brand value.

AT&T pulled these shenanigans once before with “4G” on the iPhone 4s.

Link: https://www.macworld.com/article/1165768/ios_5_1_update_brings_4g_label_to_iphone_4s_on_atandts_network.html

Edited by RedSpark
Added link
  • Like 4

Anyone at the auto show?

I hope we see Massive MIMO at more event venues. It made a huge difference at the Super Bowl.

Link: https://newsroom.sprint.com/sprint-scores-for-big-game.htm

In fact, several massive MIMO sites carried on average 80 percent of the data traffic inside the stadium.

Edited by RedSpark
Added Link
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, RedSpark said:

Anyone at the auto show?

I hope we see Massive MIMO at more event venues. It made a huge difference at the Super Bowl.

Link: https://newsroom.sprint.com/sprint-scores-for-big-game.htm

In fact, several massive MIMO sites carried on average 80 percent of the data traffic inside the stadium.

That's great. Hope it holds up under load. Especially the upload!

• Like 1

I know this is an old post [mention=410]bucdenny[/mention] but cox has been offering Gigabit (1,000 Mbps) speeds for over 5 years here.  I have had it out here in the "boonies" of ECV/SMR long before  ATT or any other piggybacked to light up those dark fiber lines here. (honestly thought Google was going to beat them to it)  Just did a quicked wireless vs wired) on same gigabit wifi network comparison.

*Note, wireless test device is a note 9. obviously the wired device (computer) had a lower latency  than the wireless device but I was still and always have been impressed. of course ive been running a mesh network (Velop with 6 nodes for a 3000sq ft home) so i would expect nothing less.    having gigabit fiber along with wireless routers that can maximize those signals through dedicated back channels is amazing.  When something better comes around I will jump on it! 

I have seen Sprint (wireless non wifi) LTE speeds in excess of 100Mbps at times which is more than enough for the most dedicated individuals mobile needs.

That's not bad but this is my speed test over ethernet.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

That's my speed test over etherneta5d236bb3026137564c9d67515a369c7.jpg

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Dkoellerwx said:

Hey Dan, accidentally removed images when trying to hide your multiple posts. Sorry about that.

Okay so I'll just repost it not a big deal Tapatalk was acting up that's what was happening stupid application

Think sprint should stop at  60 mhz band 41 lte . Start adding  band 25 aggregation.  Galaxy s 10 be able do 7 carriers . 
I don't agree with that the S9 can do up to 5xca on B41. Not everyone is going to but the S10. I just got the S9 plus on Xmas Eve

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

I’m asking specifically about the 800 MHz rebanding. Would another carrier have been able to get public safety entities off of 800 MHz faster than Sprint has/did?

If you ask me, Sprint should have participated in the 600 MHz auction. T-Mobile has been rolling that out at an incredible pace... and Sprint could have done the same.

Of course, one of Sprint’s justifications for the merger is that it lacks low band spectrum.... go figure.

I've always thought Sprint should have done 600 mhz. I even tho they should have gone after aws3 in places where they cant do 10x10 B25. I have 2 5x5 in my area as B25 is slow when you can't connect to B41. 25+25+26+66+71 would make due improvement when you can get B41. In places like Florida where Sprint has 15x15 B25 then 25+26+71 is fine. 25+41 even

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

32 minutes ago, Tengen31 said:

I've always thought Sprint should have done 600 mhz. I even tho they should have gone after aws3 in places where they cant do 10x10 B25. I have 2 5x5 in my area as B25 is slow when you can't connect to B41. 25+25+26+66+71 would make due improvement when you can get B41. In places like Florida where Sprint has 15x15 B25 then 25+26+71 is fine. 25+41 even

I do agree with you that in some places Sprint is short of spectrum.

The network engineers from other carriers that I have talked to typically believe Sprint's primary performance issue is backhaul.  That includes former Sprint network engineers.  Backhaul is an operating expense, thus comes from operating revenues, while bondholders pay for the tower equipment which Sprint then makes payments.  Thus increasing backhaul would immediately impact Sprint profitability.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, dkyeager said:

I do agree with you that in some places Sprint is short of spectrum.

The network engineers from other carriers that I have talked to typically believe Sprint's primary performance issue is backhaul.  That includes former Sprint network engineers.  Backhaul is an operating expense, thus comes from operating revenues, while bondholders pay for the tower equipment which Sprint then makes payments.  Thus increasing backhaul would immediately impact Sprint profitability.

Well, Sprint sold Embarq, United Tel, CenturyLink, Qwest, whatever you want to call it.  CenturyLink makes a bundle of cash from selling backhaul to all the carriers.  It would only be in parts of the country, but at least the cash would stay within the complex if Sprint had held onto some of these local carriers. They could have installed fiber for both fast DSL and cell sites all in one project.

Ask Shentel how easy it is to connect a cell site to backhaul when they already own the fiber cables in their neighborhood.

• Like 2

Backhaul has always been a very weak spot for Sprint.   I remember talking about this 6 or 7 years ago or more, back in the 3G upgrade days.... every time a cell site was added.    It gets old having a company suffer from the same problems year after year.   Is T Mobile a bit more successful on getting backhaul to a site?         

Backhaul has always been a very weak spot for Sprint.   I remember talking about this 6 or 7 years ago or more, back in the 3G upgrade days.... every time a cell site was added.    It gets old having a company suffer from the same problems year after year.   Is T Mobile a bit more successful on getting backhaul to a site?         

Tmo is now starting to get better at it ...

34a3f7ca6da340927eaec7aee614c432.jpg

They returned to this site to removed microwave backhaul and added fiber

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, tyroned3222 said:

Tmo is now starting to get better at it ...

34a3f7ca6da340927eaec7aee614c432.jpg

They returned to this site to removed microwave backhaul and added fiber

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That site looks a little like it's ready to fall over.

• Like 6

Sprint hasn't even activated 3 carrier aggregation on the big cell site in town....backhaul is a huge sore spot for them...

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

On 2/10/2019 at 2:23 PM, dro1984 said:

T-Mobile initially upgraded its sites to fiber in advance of LTE with enough backhaul.  Some reports from expansion sites indicate that may no longer be true.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, BlueAngel said:

Couldn't careless at this point, still don't even have massive mimo or 256qam yet, deliver what you promised beforehand.

256QAM is live pretty much nationwide at this point. Massive MIMO is rolling pretty quickly out too...

• Like 4

51 minutes ago, BlueAngel said:

Couldn't careless at this point, still don't even have massive mimo or 256qam yet, deliver what you promised beforehand.

You can rag on Sprint about a lot of things but lack of 256QAM and no deplpoyment of Massive MIMO isn't one of those things.

• Like 3