Marcelo Claure, Town Hall Meetings, New Family Share Pack Plan, Unlimited Individual Plan, Discussion Thread

joshuam

28 minutes ago, Terrell352 said:

What happened to 4XCA that they said was going to happen in a statement almost a year ago?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

My guess is Sprint is backing off on that so that they have more contiguous spectrum for their 5G launch.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Terrell352 said:

I still feel like tmobile would have had this taken care of by now. Also why is Sprint still building new towers without b41? What happened to them saying they dont have to go back for more tower visits? Why is Masa so quiet? What happened to 4XCA that they said was going to happen in a statement almost a year ago?

Everybody but Sprint would have taken care of it by now.

Forget about 4xCA, why is a major tower on a major intersection in Melbourne still have only 2xCA?

• Like 3

Just now, bigsnake49 said:

Everybody but Sprint would have taken care of it by now.

Forget about 4xCA, why is a major tower on a major intersection in Melbourne still have only 2xCA?

What would another carrier have done differently?

As for 2xCA, that’s a good question.

7 minutes ago, RedSpark said:

What would another carrier have done differently?

As for 2xCA, that’s a good question.

Money talks, Sprint does not have any.

I also discovered a singe channel band 41 site and it is not a SC or an MM and the nearest full build tower was decommissioned and replaced by an MM. I can't wait till the merger is complete.

Edited by bigsnake49
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, tyroned3222 said:

Too much to write lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m asking specifically about the 800 MHz rebanding. Would another carrier have been able to get public safety entities off of 800 MHz faster than Sprint has/did?

If you ask me, Sprint should have participated in the 600 MHz auction. T-Mobile has been rolling that out at an incredible pace... and Sprint could have done the same.

Of course, one of Sprint’s justifications for the merger is that it lacks low band spectrum.... go figure.

• Like 1

I’m asking specifically about the 800 MHz rebanding. Would another carrier have been able to get public safety entities off of 800 MHz faster than Sprint has/did?

If you ask me, Sprint should have participated in the 600 MHz auction. T-Mobile has been rolling that out at an incredible pace... and Sprint could have done the same.

Of course, one of Sprint’s justifications for the merger is that it lacks low band spectrum.... go figure.

Well, TMO in the meantime has been able to clear two low band licenses and roll them out . One virtually complete ( band 12) and band 71 is on going at a rapid pace .. I’m sure the 800mhz rebrand had a cost involved. Maybe others would have paid whatever it costs to make it happen sooner ( we will never know), but it has take a long time . I think sprint not having any significant network expansion is Justification.. look what tmo has done with band 12 5mhz .. sprint has 800mhz 5mhz just about nationwide .. and some regions they had to cut that a little, but it could of worked

• Like 3

Think sprint should stop at  60 mhz band 41 lte . Start adding  band 25 aggregation.  Galaxy s 10 be able do 7 carriers . 

Now this I agree 100%, but is sprint really in a position to make that happen ? Ya, capex is up and mostly everything can be done via software.. but will they even pay for the increase to match backhaul to what’s the deployed? I’m sure they don’t want there overhead to inflate. Increasing backhaul per site can be very expensive. I mean new sites ( co location) are still going up with out band 41. I think for mean time as the merger is getting ready to close.. can’t really take much of anything serious coming from both tmo or sprint until we ether get a yes or no

4 minutes ago, tyroned3222 said:

Now this I agree 100%, but is sprint really in a position to make that happen ? Ya, capex is up and mostly everything can be done via software.. but will they even pay for the increase to match backhaul to what’s the deployed? I’m sure they don’t want there overhead to inflate. Increasing backhaul per site can be very expensive. I mean new sites ( co location) are still going up with out band 41. I think for mean time as the merger is getting ready to close.. can’t really take much of anything serious coming from both tmo or sprint until we ether get a yes or no

See what happens with quarter 1 2019. It would help with. lte gigabit . But sprints track record I would never hold my breath. But in last 8 months they finally step up improve network 2 times better than year before. 

Think sprint should stop at  60 mhz band 41 lte . Start adding  band 25 aggregation.  Galaxy s 10 be able do 7 carriers . 
I wont post it because of the rules but Sprint recently upgraded an incredibly busy tower with 8t8r 8port equipment. 2 of the three antenna run at under 1mbps most of the day even at 80s dbm signal. The 3rd antenna between 70-110 in the day. Late night I have seen speeds over 200 mbps. That's a lot of people that even good backhaul,3xCA TM9, 4x4 mimo, 256qam and upload CA cant handle. Verizon and Tmobile are co located. Verizon put up what appears to be a massive mimo antenna and tmobile has a 12 antenna set up. The tower guy thought Sprint was crazy for not using massive mimo. But Sprints network is alot better than it was. I just cant help but think that b25/26/b41 CA should have been implemented already. Sprint is the only carrier than does not aggregate different bands. It would help indoors alot because I can tell you the minute b41 is gone its hit or miss with b25. Although b25 upload speeds are alot more consistent.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Terrell352 said:

I wont post it because of the rules but Sprint recently upgraded an incredibly busy tower with 8t8r 8port equipment. 2 of the three antenna run at under 1mbps most of the day even at 80s dbm signal. The 3rd antenna between 70-110 in the day. Late night I have seen speeds over 200 mbps. That's a lot of people that even good backhaul,3xCA TM9, 4x4 mimo, 256qam and upload CA cant handle. Verizon and Tmobile are co located. Verizon put up what appears to be a massive mimo antenna and tmobile has a 12 antenna set up. The tower guy thought Sprint was crazy for not using massive mimo. But Sprints network is alot better than it was. I just cant help but think that b25/26/b41 CA should have been implemented already. Sprint is the only carrier than does not aggregate different bands. It would help indoors alot because I can tell you the minute b41 is gone its hit or miss with b25. Although b25 upload speeds are alot more consistent.

Aside from upgrading to Massive MIMO, what’s the solution here? Another fill-in site?

Aside from upgrading to Massive MIMO, what’s the solution here? Another fill-in site?
All Tmobile, Sprint and Verizon have the same site density. ATT is one tower less in the area. Sprint is the only carrier that tried to use a small cell but the county shut that down really quick. The nearest tower is only 1.8 miles down the road. The other 3 carriers have no issue with it just Sprint it's not range its congestion. The way I see it massive mimo is the only solution besides adding a new tower

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Paynefanbro said:

My guess is Sprint is backing off on that so that they have more contiguous spectrum for their 5G launch.

It also needs non-contiguous CA, which S10 has to 5CA.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Terrell352 said:

All Tmobile, Sprint and Verizon have the same site density. ATT is one tower less in the area. Sprint is the only carrier that tried to use a small cell but the county shut that down really quick. The nearest tower is only 1.8 miles down the road. The other 3 carriers have no issue with it just Sprint it's not range its congestion. The way I see it massive mimo is the only solution besides adding a new tower

Sprint is likely aware of the tower load through Glance and other network tools, but it could be a good idea to report the issue in the My Sprint App. If the local network team can make a case for Massive MIMO and there’s available funds, it’ll likely get upgraded at some point.

Unless there’s a merger, in which case it could get eventually deprecated in favor of the T-Mobile gear.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, though said:

How long (realistically) before Arkansas is completed?

Most of us have learned that predictions of more than a month out by Sprint are risky.  Once they get permits most of the work is done within a year (in my market, but they are sometimes allowed to die in mass in other markets).  Of course a merger could occur any time during that period -- or not!! 

The best thing to do is watch site improvements and signals.  Once work actually begins you can get more optimistic, but I would still not bet the farm.

Ya...I saw that!

AT&T is misleading consumers and deserves to be sued!

I am, however, concerned that it is Sprint who is suing since they are in the process of trying to get approved for their merger with T-Mobile. Personally I would think that Sprint wouldn't want to make too many enemies at this time. But who knows, maybe they use the law suit as leverage to help prove that they can't compete against large operators like AT&T.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

• Like 3

Ya...I saw that!

AT&T is misleading consumers and deserves to be sued!

I am, however, concerned that it is Sprint who is suing since they are in the process of trying to get approved for their merger with T-Mobile. Personally I would think that Sprint wouldn't want to make too many enemies at this time. But who knows, maybe they use the law suit as leverage to help prove that they can't compete against large operators like AT&T.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

The issue is : sprint is using this as a marketing strategy from what I been reading.. att already said they are fighting back in a official statement and they have much deeper pockets than sprint

• Like 2