Marcelo Claure, Town Hall Meetings, New Family Share Pack Plan, Unlimited Individual Plan, Discussion Thread

joshuam

18 minutes ago, tybo31316 said:

Band 41?

Yes. Forgot to post the engineering screen, mind you this is right next to the tower at work, 15 feet at most. Would probably have been better if I was a little further away. I got a best of 70/15 in the 3 tests I did.

Screenshot_20181004-110501_IOTHidden_Men

Edited by BlueAngel
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Mr.Nuke said:

The speedtest.net server is a comcast server. The external IP in the screenshot is a Sprint IP address.

I noticed the Sprint IP too, but went by the Wifi indicator at the top. When I'm not on LTE and try to do a speedtest.net test, it connects to a Sprint server.

Screenshot_20181005-101931.png

1 minute ago, though said:

I noticed the Sprint IP too, but went by the Wifi indicator at the top. When I'm not on LTE and try to do a speedtest.net test, it connects to a Sprint server.

The speed test is from at least 11 hours before the screenshot notice the time difference between the system clock and the app clock.

1 minute ago, Mr.Nuke said:

The speed test is from at least 11 hours before the screenshot notice the time difference between the system clock and the app clock.

My mistake. Thanks for the correction.

On 10/4/2018 at 9:04 PM, Trip said:

So remember some months ago I had T-Mobile roaming while on Sprint 1X, and then it vanished?  I was sitting in the hospital in Farmville earlier today on 1X when suddenly, my LG G6 popped up that it had received a profile update.  When it finished reconnecting, I was still on Sprint 1X, but on US Cellular LTE roaming.  And, indeed, I've continued to have US Cellular roaming available to me in areas where Sprint LTE is unavailable throughout the day.

No sign of T-Mobile roaming though.  I would imagine they want to prioritize US Cellular roaming over T-Mobile anyway, and US Cellular is a lot better than T-Mobile around here.

My wife (Galaxy S7) and my mother (Moto E4 Plus) both do not seem to have gotten such an update yet.  I hope it is coming.

- Trip

Quick update; I've been here for a few days now and it seems to be freely roaming on US Cellular and, to a lesser extent, T-Mobile.  I've seen the same two T-Mobile sites I saw a few months ago a few times, but US Cellular much more frequently.  Sitting in the hospital right now, I'm looking at Sprint 1X at -105 dBm, while also connected to US Cellular Band 5 LTE at -103 dBm.  I've been connecting to US Cellular LTE all over down here now, and it makes the experience far, far better.

- Trip

• Like 5

12 hours ago, BlueAngel said:

Yes.

And also randomly dropped LTE and roamed on LTE for the first time not sure if TMobile or AT&T was in the car so wasn't able to get a speed test in it was brief.

n30wt3.jpg

That’s T-Mobile. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RAvirani said:

That’s T-Mobile. 

Well that's exciting, glad to see roaming is finally coming to fruition. Will be great when I visit my mom, her whole neighborhood is just horrible in general for cell service but T-Mobile is better than Sprint in the same area. I usually sit on 1x800 in her house, if I'm not on her WiFi my phone is useless. ?

• Like 1

Sprint PLMN, so it definitely is T-Mobile.
Only question is why is it coming up as "Roaming"? I thought all T-Mobile roaming this far was showing up as native on phones?
Likely connected to non-Sprint 1x with SRLTE.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

What market are you from?

Sitting on T-Mobile B4 right now at work, could get used to having full bars in these old buildings. My Sprint LTE was only two bars at best with random drops to 3G.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

44 minutes ago, BlueAngel said:

Philly not too sure on the specifics. Hoping Sprint enables B71 on this phone in the future.

which phone?

what are ul/dl speeds with tmob compared to sprint in the same spot?

• Like 1