Jump to content
joshuam

Marcelo Claure, Town Hall Meetings, New Family Share Pack Plan, Unlimited Individual Plan, Discussion Thread

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Tengen31 said:

Does anyone know if the lastest thing I've been hearing is that the investors and the board will step in and tell Sprint there spending too much and cut it down?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
 

We're in trouble then at that point.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Tengen31 said:

Does anyone know if the lastest thing I've been hearing is that the investors and the board will step in and tell Sprint there spending too much and cut it down?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
 

That isn't how it works when a single entity owns/controls 84.7% of the company.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
We're in trouble then at that point.
Then the Merger will be needed for sure. The network can't stay where it currently is. I'm still see 3G in some areas of market, including spots Sprint claims to have deployed small cells

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't know what happened to the network in the last three months. I had a site near me (.5 mile) shared with T-Mobile on the top of a tall building. That site is either down or decommissioned and I am mainly getting Band 26 from 4-5 miles away. I sometimes get Band 41. I almost never get Band 25. I get quite a lot of EHRPD connections.

Edited by bigsnake49
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Network performance and coverage has definitely went down hill in the past few months.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, BlueAngel said:

Network performance and coverage has definitely went down hill in the past few months.

Something isn't adding up given that every network testing firm is saying that the opposite is occurring in nearly every market.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Paynefanbro said:

Something isn't adding up given that every network testing firm is saying that the opposite is occurring in nearly every market.

Some of us are in secondary markets. They are probably improving in the largest cities. The other thing you have to take into account is that rootmetrics has trucks that roam the main roads. They don't go into every neighborhood and most of all they don't go inside the houses and workplaces.

Edited by bigsnake49
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They're doing a ton of behind the scene software updates which has done a number to many markets.

Ie. 4x4 deployment on the network broke B41 for my stock pixel 1g. They've disabled 4x4 after weeks of my complaining and it's working again now.

Other users have had hand off or hard drop issues and the like which corresponds to known software updates to the eNBs.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, utiz4321 said:

Then sprint isnt for you. 99 percent of people don't care. Stop complaining about it and use a service that fits you needs. 

It's not. Which is why I don't have Sprint anymore.

Unfortunately, your "I'm always right" attitude blinds you from seeing the benefits of having good upload speeds.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Tengen31 said:

Does anyone know if the lastest thing I've been hearing is that the investors and the board will step in and tell Sprint there spending too much and cut it down?
 

It's discouraging, but it would makes sense. They've gone a few years without spending any meaningful money. So what's another year? Makes absolutely no sense to waste money on your network if you're confident the merger will go through.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
It's discouraging, but it would makes sense. They've gone a few years without spending any meaningful money. So what's another year? Makes absolutely no sense to waste money on your network if you're confident the merger will go through.
Yeah but, they need to spend in case there is a surprise and, the Merger Fails cause there's that possibility.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The HP Spectre Folio running on our LTE Advanced network is a gigabit-class LTE device supporting MIMO, 256 QAM, and multiple channel carrier aggregation. In fact, this device supports five channel carrier aggregation (5CA), making it the first 5CA Band 41 Always Connected PC for our network.”

That’s impressive.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, RedSpark said:

 

That’s impressive.

Here is the pre-order landing page.

https://www8.hp.com/us/en/premium/convertible/spectre-folio-13.html
 

Here is the fine print goodness. 

"1. Product exterior and outer keyboard is 100% genuine full grain leather as of 9/18/18.

2. Gigabit class 4G LTE module is optional and must be configured at the factory. The full utilization of this module’s functionality is dependent on network providers’ technical ability to support this network and speed. Backwards compatible to 3G networks. Module requires activation and separately purchased service contract. Check with service provider for coverage and availability in your area. Connection, upload and download speeds will vary due to network, location, environment, network conditions, and other factors. 4G LTE not available on all products, in all regions. HP Spectre Folio can connect to ATT, T-Mobile, and Sprint is coming soon. Verizon not available. Module designed for up to 1 Gbps download speeds as carriers deploy 5 carrier aggregation and 100Mhz channel bandwidth, requires activation and separately purchased service contract. Check with service provider for coverage and availability in your area. Connection speeds will vary due to location, environment, network conditions, and other factors. 4G LTE not available in all regions.

3. 4K panel not available at launch. 4K content required to view full 4K images. 4K optional on select models only.

4. Windows 10/ MM14 battery life will vary depending on various factors including product model, configuration, loaded applications, features, use, wireless functionality, and power management settings. The maximum capacity of the battery will naturally decrease with time and usage. See www.bapco.com for additional details. The battery capacity decreases to less than 100 percent when the computer operates under high temperatures for an extended period of time."

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, greenbastard said:

It's not. Which is why I don't have Sprint anymore.

Unfortunately, your "I'm always right" attitude blinds you from seeing the benefits of having good upload speeds.

Whatvare you talking about? For the vast majority of people, spring's upload speeds work fine. Your complete inability to separate you needs from the vast majority of people and tendency to generalize your experience to the majority of people makes talking to you extremely annoying. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, lilotimz said:

They're doing a ton of behind the scene software updates which has done a number to many markets.

Ie. 4x4 deployment on the network broke B41 for my stock pixel 1g. They've disabled 4x4 after weeks of my complaining and it's working again now.

Other users have had hand off or hard drop issues and the like which corresponds to known software updates to the eNBs.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
 

I've lost any sense of band 25 @ my home in Illinois.  Magic box is down and now I'm on shit home wifi. And Sprint excutive relations has the audacity to say nothing wrong with the towers around me.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, runagun said:

I've lost any sense of band 25 @ my home in Illinois.  Magic box is down and now I'm on shit home wifi. And Sprint excutive relations has the audacity to say nothing wrong with the towers around me.  

You could try going to a Retail store and ask one of the reps to pull up the “Glance” tool and see if there are any tower issues near your home.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, RedSpark said:

You could try going to a Retail store and ask one of the reps to pull up the “Glance” tool and see if there are any tower issues near your home.

Yes or make a post in the Sprint reddit forum to have one of those guys look for you.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, utiz4321 said:

Whatvare you talking about? For the vast majority of people, spring's upload speeds work fine. Your complete inability to separate you needs from the vast majority of people and tendency to generalize your experience to the majority of people makes talking to you extremely annoying. 

My needs? Is battery performance not important to people? I guess manufacturers must have missed the memo because they are cramming as much battery as possible to their devices (some even removing the headphone jack for battery space). I guess Sprint should also stop bothering with UL CA, HPUE, and high order QAM...because utiz said the majority of people don't care for UL. 0.01 Mbps for everyone!

?‍♂️

You've been told once already to ease up with presenting your opinions as fact. Stop arguing for the sake of arguing. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, lilotimz said:

 

Great news! Hopefully it becomes available on other devices soon. I’m wondering how far back they’ll go on Android and iOS devices in terms of supporting VoLTE.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good news for Angels fans...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, RedSpark said:

You could try going to a Retail store and ask one of the reps to pull up the “Glance” tool and see if there are any tower issues near your home.

Im talking to the big wigs @ from Marci's Office. Doesnt help that my MagicBox is stuck on device startup for the last three days.  And its been unplugged.  Anyone know how to take it apart so i can take the battery out of it to restart it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, runagun said:

Im talking to the big wigs @ from Marci's Office. Doesnt help that my MagicBox is stuck on device startup for the last three days.  And its been unplugged.  Anyone know how to take it apart so i can take the battery out of it to restart it?

Stuck on restart is also a symptom of a network issue.  I personally would go to the nearby sites and take photos. Check to see if crews are present.  See if all are working. If the sites are being tuned it could take a few days.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Good news for Angels fans...
That upload doesn't impress. People do more uploading at those things

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Tengen31 said:

That upload doesn't impress. People do more uploading at those things

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
 

Its an iPhone, Ahem! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×