Marcelo Claure, Town Hall Meetings, New Family Share Pack Plan, Unlimited Individual Plan, Discussion Thread

joshuam

Oh snap !!!

Sprint is coming back. The fourth-place national carrier (in our Fastest Mobile Networks tests) has made great strides in LTE speeds over the past year, jumping from an average of 19.09 to 26.33Mbps on Ookla's Speedtest Intelligence metrics. Depending on the average of att and Verizon for the quarter that puts sprint neck and neck with att and Verizon

https://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2393262,00.asp

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Edited by Dkoellerwx
Edited to add quote and link
  • Like 6

23 minutes ago, tyroned3222 said:

Oh snap !!!

Sprint is coming back. The fourth-place national carrier (in our Fastest Mobile Networks tests) has made great strides in LTE speeds over the past year, jumping from an average of 19.09 to 26.33Mbps on Ookla's Speedtest Intelligence metrics. Depending on the average of att and Verizon for the quarter that puts sprint neck and neck with att and Verizon

Nice, when was this published and where can I view this?

I'm confused by the iPhone 7 being in those lists and not the 8. I didn't think there were any major issues with the 8 compared to the 7.. did I miss something? I would think it's an old article if not for the G7, S9+, and Note 9..

42 minutes ago, Grabber5.0 said:

I'm confused by the iPhone 7 being in those lists and not the 8. I didn't think there were any major issues with the 8 compared to the 7.. did I miss something? I would think it's an old article if not for the G7, S9+, and Note 9..

My guess is that it's because it's cheaper than the 8 while offering pretty similar network performance, camera performance, and hardware specs. If you wanted to go with a current generation iPhone, it'd be better to get the iPhone X instead of spending money on a 8 when a 7 is just as good.

Sprint CEO Michel Combes to Speak Sept. 14 at Goldman Sachs Communacopia Conference
Interested to hear what he has to say. This will be a couple of days after the new iPhone is announced.
Are any of the reports out for Sept as far as clearing band 26 in ibez regions ?

1 minute ago, tyroned3222 said:

I don't see an issue with that if I just wanna post a a highlight of the article, but I guess

Without indicating a source and indicating you are quoting, that is pure plagiarism and a copyright infringement that S4GRU will be liable for. It will not be tolerated. Additional infractions will result in corrective actions. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, tyroned3222 said:

Are any of the reports out for Sept as far as clearing band 26 in ibez regions ?

Yes. The monthly filing that Sprint submits to the FCC was just posted on September 4th:

https://ecfsapi.fcc.gov/file/1090418102589/800 MHz Monthly Report for Sept 2018.pdf

2 hours ago, tyroned3222 said:

Yes, and it's moving along. I believe end of year is still the target for most of the southern border. 

• Like 1

Yes, and it's moving along. I believe end of year is still the target for most of the southern border. 

Still a bit concerned that it's still listed as red .. I was hoping by now it would be in the light green with one license left. maybe I'm looking at it wrong? Or the clearance can change just that fast 30days at a time

11 minutes ago, tyroned3222 said:

Still a bit concerned that it's still listed as red .. I was hoping by now it would be in the light green with one license left. maybe I'm looking at it wrong? Or the clearance can change just that fast 30days at a time

It's red because it's border region. That's coordination with Mexico plus some license holders. 

Note that the El Paso license holders have cleared. So it's probably coordinating with Mexico still. 

The following licensees have cleared their existing channels, but have not necessarily completed relocation to their new channel assisgnments:

Texas – El Paso (Region 50)

License Acquisitions Non-NPSPAC

City of El Paso NPSPAC

Carmen G. Loya Non-NPSPAC

Guillermo Perez Non-NPSPAC

Laura and Sergio Rubio Non-NPSPAC

Ysleta Del Sur Pueblo NPSPAC

The following licensee has cleared its existing channels, but has not necessarily completed relocation to its new channel assisgnments:

El Paso Independent School District Non-NPSPAC

https://ecfsapi.fcc.gov/file/1090418102589/800 MHz Monthly Report for Sept 2018.pdf

• Like 2

It's red because it's border region. That's coordination with Mexico plus some license holders. 
Note that the El Paso license holders have cleared. So it's probably coordinating with Mexico still. 
Nice! Can't wait hopefully it will launch with 4x4 Mimo on band 26 that would be icing on the cake

• Like 1

17 hours ago, tyroned3222 said:

Sprint brought back the COW in the same area as last year , but the set up looks a little different this year

Where’s this?

21 hours ago, tyroned3222 said:

Sprint brought back the COW in the same area as last year , but the set up looks a little different this year

It looks like they could be tri-band antennas. Can you get a look at the base? Might give us a better idea of what's going on there.

Hopefully all of our members in the Carolinas and Virginia are keeping up to date with the forecasts. Hurricane Florence looks like it will severely impacts that part of the East Coast later this week. 

If anyone wants to share what they are doing, or talk about the storm, I've started a thread here: 

• Like 6

On 9/2/2018 at 7:20 PM, Terrell352 said:

Nice speeds on a Sunday.59322c20922a8f61c8ee395efde010bb.jpg

That is by far the fastest upload I've ever seen on Sprint. ?

• Like 2

On 9/6/2018 at 9:34 PM, tyroned3222 said:

Nice! Can't wait hopefully it will launch with 4x4 Mimo on band 26 that would be icing on the cake

256 qam on B26 would also be nice