Marcelo Claure, Town Hall Meetings, New Family Share Pack Plan, Unlimited Individual Plan, Discussion Thread

joshuam

See this FCC Filing that Sprint submits on a monthly basis: https://ecfsapi.fcc.gov/file/10801544322248/800 MHz Monthly Report for August 2018.pdf
So, In El paso it looks like the channel is cleared, but episd hasn't relocate to their new assigned channel. Hope we still get the full 5mhz after waiting this long...

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

10 hours ago, lilotimz said:

MajoritySouthern border is 5mhz B26+ cdma 1x800. Majority of Northern border is 3 MHz B26 + 1x800.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

As an admitted novice to understanding some of this,... will the northern areas ever have more than 3mhz of B26?    Is there a reason it's not 5 like the southern regions?    

45 minutes ago, jreuschl said:

https://www.tmonews.com/2018/08/t-mobile-mid-band-lte-capacity-upgrades-hundreds-cell-sites-2/

Why can't Sprint do something like these announcements on a regular basis?  It would give customers confidence there are specific examples of upgrades in their market.

If Tmobile cant pull it off, best believe Sprint cannot! Neville gets destroyed every time he post these on Twitter. Take a quick peek at the comments, it ain't pretty.

If Tmobile cant pull it off, best believe Sprint cannot! Neville gets destroyed every time he post these on Twitter. Take a quick peek at the comments, it ain't pretty.

Ya, Neville posting this bi-weekly is pointless..in some of these areas they may of touched 1 site and added it to the list..

1 minute ago, dro1984 said:

Better than no information.   I like to know if anything is being done.  

Same here but the negative nellies will come out come out of the woodwork, as others have said!

2 minutes ago, dro1984 said:

Better than no information.   I like to know if anything is being done.  

You obviously have not been around long enough to realize everytime Sprint did this exact thing they got decimated by the press and users on social media. So they came to the consensus it's better to let the work do the talking.

Found something interesting that I wanted to see if anyone can identify.

Me and another buddy here locally in El paso have been going out tracking all the Sprint towers and upgrades and ran across a mystery

The building in the first pic has always been believe to have a Sprint tower on it , but after multiple occasions of testing the phone never registered at our being nearby on that building

So the blue and red circles show AT & T and Verizon towers and the black circle in the middle is an unknown Tower which we believed could possibly be Sprint, the tower may be turned off or decommission something happened keep in mind to Google image is from earlier this year

So recently there was an upgrade that happened to that unknown Tower and it was left with just one panel after the upgrade so I wanted to see if any of you guys recognize if this is Sprint indeedb46d266e0af65edcbbf0c63ae566c707.jpg05e8b0deeca7e6037763664a4e4e3dbc.jpg

787c694da329dc2aa1b55bb0465eb695.jpg

23 minutes ago, tyroned3222 said:

Me and another buddy here locally in El paso have been going out tracking all the Sprint towers and upgrades and ran across a mystery

The building in the first pic has always been believe to have a Sprint tower on it , but after multiple occasions of testing the phone never registered at our being nearby on that building

So the blue and red circles show AT & T and Verizon towers and the black circle in the middle is an unknown Tower which we believed could possibly be Sprint, the tower may be turned off or decommission something happened keep in mind to Google image is from earlier this year

So recently there was an upgrade that happened to that unknown Tower and it was left with just one panel after the upgrade so I wanted to see if any of you guys recognize if this is Sprint indeed

I think that’s a Sprint hexadecaport antenna. 

• Like 4

23 minutes ago, tyroned3222 said:

So recently there was an upgrade that happened to that unknown Tower and it was left with just one panel after the upgrade so I wanted to see if any of you guys recognize if this is Sprint indeed

That is definitely a Sprint antenna. You can see the 800 (SMR) RRU on the right, the I believe 1900 (PCS) RRU on the left. The antenna is quite large, and may actually be a 16 port antenna that also supports B41. However, the Erisson 8T8R RRU is not visible in this picture. It may be below the edge of the roof.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, tyroned3222 said:

That looks like a hexdecaport antenna for sure. Here are some pictures that I took of one in Pittsburgh in January (along with lots of other pictures of the tower). https://photos.app.goo.gl/G4T06PyC5hZHU1dE3

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Weak passwords let a hacker access internal Sprint staff portal

“Using two sets of weak, easy-to-guess usernames and passwords, a security researcher accessed an internal Sprint staff portal. Because the portal’s log-in page didn’t use two-factor authentication, the researcher — who did not want to be named — navigated to pages that could have allowed access customer account data.”

All you need is a phone number and a PIN, but as there was no limit on the number of PIN attempts, you’d just cycle through them all until you got access. Disgraceful.

• Like 2