Marcelo Claure, Town Hall Meetings, New Family Share Pack Plan, Unlimited Individual Plan, Discussion Thread

joshuam

16 hours ago, S4GRU said:

Calling Plus and WiFi calling solutions are a type of VoIP.  VoLTE is also a type of VoIP, specifically designed for LTE networks.  Calling Plus is not VoLTE.  But both are VoIP's.  Your analogy is like saying an Audi and a Cadillac are the same because they use the same highway.  Just because both can run voice across an LTE network does not make them both VoLTE.  But there are many similarities.  Just like to a caveman, the Audi and Cadillac would be nearly identical.

Robert

I see what you did there. 

22 hours ago, RedSpark said:

The #WhySprintNow Road Shows have wrapped up apparently:

This was basically the farewell tour. Also, it is funny these executives are still trying to sell the deception about improving the company when they are putting all their energy and resources in the nation's Capital in order to get this merger through.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, NYC126 said:

This was basically the farewell tour. Also, it is funny these executives are still trying to sell the deception about improving the company when they are putting all their energy and resources in the nation's Capital in order to get this merger through.

Sure seems like it’s a farewell tour. Of course, there’s always the possibility that this merger isn’t approved.

No doubt that Sprint/T-Mobile are in the process of turning over materials for the government to review. Given what I’ve heard through the grapevine on the ground, this alone could take anywhere from 3 to 6 months.

I do hope that substantial network investment continues during this time, but I’m not optimistic. It doesn’t seem like much is happening in DC now based on some discussions I’ve had with employees. Seems like we’re riding this out until the merger closes... at least in this market. ?

48 minutes ago, nexgencpu said:

Sprint setup a new Youtube account to start pushing 5G and its possibilities. 

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCs9MecMsspFzdroJHkKSkRA/videos

Sprint marketing is so disjointed sometimes, why keep making these new accounts?

What a waste. This new channel has zero subscribers and the view counts in the single digits and low double digits shows that essentially nobody is watching these videos.

Looks like an internal Comms Project run out of a walled off fiefdom or a poorly run project outsourced to some consultant for purposes of the merger.

Stuff like this is so dumb.

All of those videos could've been 2 playlists in their main channel. Maybe they're just trying to escape the flurry of bad comments that they receive on all of their social media. All they need to do is disable comments like Apple does on a lot of their videos. It's not like Sprint needs to monetize their videos. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Paynefanbro said:

All of those videos could've been 2 playlists in their main channel. Maybe they're just trying to escape the flurry of bad comments that they receive on all of their social media. All they need to do is disabled comments like Apple does on a lot of their videos. It's not like Sprint needs to monetize their videos. 

I’ve given up trying to rationalize Sprint’s social media strategy and implementation. They simply don’t have a clue what they’re doing. Management on top is totally incompetent or indifferent about it. One look at how T-Mobile does it shows how it’s done properly.

A substantial amount of money was probably spent on these videos that essentially nobody is watching. Someone was paid to upload them in a channel that has zero subscribers. The poor implementation of this runs up the chain to the decision-maker.

• Like 2

They’re up!

http://newsroom.sprint.com/sprint-reports-inflection-in-wireless-service-revenue-with-fiscal-year-2018-first-quarter-results.htm

Network progress:

• Completed thousands of tri-band upgrades and now has 2.5 GHz spectrum deployed on nearly two-thirds of its macro sites.
  • Added thousands of new outdoor small cells and currently has more than 15,000 deployed including both mini-macros and strand mounts.
  • Distributed more than 65,000 Sprint Magic Boxes, bringing the total to more than 260,000 nationwide.

Much more detail in John Saw’s writeup today as well: http://newsroom.sprint.com/sprints-next-gen-network-build-gains-momentum.htm

• Like 5

Sprint spent $1.1B on Capex this quarter.

Are they doing strand mounts only with Altice? can they get in bed with the other cable cos to deploy strand mounts?

Edited by bigsnake49
  • Like 2

15 minutes ago, bigsnake49 said:

Sprint spent $1.1B on Capex this quarter.

Are they doing strand mounts only with Altice? can they get in bed with the other cable cos to deploy strand mounts?

Sprint announced a deal with Cox earlier this year: http://newsroom.sprint.com/sprint-and-cox-announce-multi-year-business-partnership.htm

I wish they’d work out a deal with RCN for the DC Metro area:

DC: https://www.rcn.com/hub/about-rcn/where-we-service/dc-metro-service-areas/

Overall markets: https://www.rcn.com/hub/about-rcn/where-we-service/

Interesting quarter for Sprint. Around 65/66% towers are now complete with 2.5.. roaming is being turned on, but not widespread enough to give any updates on it. No info on when they will turn on volte.. 1.1 billion for the quarter caught me by surprise.. wanna see what you guys think??

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

5 hours ago, tyroned3222 said:

Interesting quarter for Sprint. Around 65/66% towers are now complete with 2.5.. roaming is being turned on, but not widespread enough to give any updates on it. No info on when they will turn on volte.. 1.1 billion for the quarter caught me by surprise.. wanna see what you guys think??

Sprint gives very little actual detail during their earnings calls anymore.    Very different than T-Mobile's earnings call just a few hours ago.    

I think the decent financials are bad from a merger standpoint.   It will allow those who are just interested in maintaining 4 carriers more ammunition for keeping the status quo.      Wonder what John  Legere's "Industry shaking news" is on Aug 15th?   He said "Let the speculation begin"....    Maybe the roaming agreement?   I don't think I'd call that "industry shaking"...   probably something else.     

Edited by dro1984

Sprint gives very little actual detail during their calls anymore.    Very different than T-Mobiles earnings call just a few hours ago.     
I think the decent financials are bad from a merger standpoint.   It will allow those who are just interested in maintaining 4 carriers more ammunition for keeping the status quo.      Wonder what John  Legere's "Industry shaking news" is on Aug 15th?   He said "Let the speculation begin"....    Maybe the roaming agreement?   I don't think I'd call that "industry shaking"...   probably something else.     
It will more then likely be the introduction of their layer 3 tv service

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, dro1984 said:

Sprint gives very little actual detail during their earnings calls anymore.    Very different than T-Mobile's earnings call just a few hours ago.    

Layer 3 or I wouldn’t be mad at them allowing you to select a music streaming service (from approved list) and they either pay it or pay half of it per month after you link it to your TMO account.