Jump to content
joshuam

Marcelo Claure, Town Hall Meetings, New Family Share Pack Plan, Unlimited Individual Plan, Discussion Thread

Recommended Posts

38 minutes ago, tyroned3222 said:

Roaming under TMO starts now if the merger is approved or not

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
 

Which has nothing to do what I said at all...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Which has nothing to do what I said at all...

You said: " if the merger goes through that will switch to tmo roaming.

 

All I'm saying is that will happen no matter if the merger gets approved or not

 

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

 

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, tyroned3222 said:

You said: " if the merger goes through that will switch to tmo roaming.

 

All I'm saying is that will happen no matter if the merger gets approved or not

No I'm talking about a very specific part of a specific state, which neither carrier currently natively serves. Please take a second and go back and read the post, because the last words you left off are very important. " If the merger goes through, that will switch over to T-Mobile's roaming deal with Viaero." Again, this has absolutely nothing to do with Sprint and T-Mobile's separate roaming deal, which almost certainly covers only T-Mobile native coverage.

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
No I'm talking about a very specific part of a specific state, which neither carrier currently natively serves. Please take a second and go back and read the post, because the last words you left off are very important. " If the merger goes through, that will switch over to T-Mobile's roaming deal with Viaero." Again, this has absolutely nothing to do with Sprint and T-Mobile's separate roaming deal, which almost certainly covers only T-Mobile native coverage.
 
 
That roaming has been up since end of April 2016 I believe started with att first then TMO after .. I gotta check with some sources, but I believe tmo will soon light up native coverage

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Mr.Nuke said:

If the merger goes through, that will switch over to T-Mobile's roaming deal with Viaero.

Does T-Mo treat Viaero data as 'native' and is it unlimited? Any speed constraints?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

for Sprint we expect 63K postpaid phone net adds aided by an estimated 40K prepaid( Boost) -to-postpaid migration similar to last quarter.” why spend money on marketing for new postpaid consumers if all you are doing is harvesting your'e prepaid base seems like a waste of money?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, tyroned3222 said:

for Sprint we expect 63K postpaid phone net adds aided by an estimated 40K prepaid( Boost) -to-postpaid migration similar to last quarter.” why spend money on marketing for new postpaid consumers if all you are doing is harvesting your'e prepaid base seems like a waste of money?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
 

Post paid is a lot more lucrative. All carriers hate prepaid, but its a necessary evil (Churn on prepaid is considerably higher)

Also, estimates are just that, so until the official numbers are out, they are kinda useless.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Tengen31 said:

That's where Sprint comes in handy. TMobile can deploy B26 where B71 isn't clear and for sure where's it's not cleared and, they don't have B12 either.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
 

Both B12 and band 26 should be the preferred bands for VOLTE.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, though said:

Does T-Mo treat Viaero data as 'native' and is it unlimited? Any speed constraints?

It's treated much like Sprint's extended roaming partners like USCC, though it may be subject to a 5Mbps speed cap (I don't remember for sure, but I don't recall going over 5Mbps when I was roaming on Viaero last summer when I had T-Mobile.)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/16/2018 at 7:33 PM, Paynefanbro said:

I think some people are reading things into this that aren't there. VoLTE is going to be opt-in and CDMA isn't going anywhere for a long time. All of the other 3 nationwide carriers still have some sort of legacy voice solution still available and they've had VoLTE launched for a while now.

For those of you in areas where LTE isn't there yet, don't opt in. For those of us who are in areas where LTE site density is good enough, we'll have no issues. 

Yeah even here in Atlanta it is borderline. Volte sucks with my magic box. I disable it. CDMA is awesome for voice. That's the "problem." 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, JonnygATL said:

Yeah even here in Atlanta it is borderline. Volte sucks with my magic box. I disable it. CDMA is awesome for voice. That's the "problem." 

Is ATL an early market for VoLTE? Or are you referencing 'calling plus?'

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sorry yeah I meant calling plus. My bad. Definitely a significant distinction. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/17/2018 at 3:59 PM, tyroned3222 said:

I think Verizon will be an all LTE network at least 2 years before anyone else .. if the merger is approved I don't think that will be the main priority for TMO right of the back .. and currently neither T-Mobile or Sprint network are ready for that.. eventually TMO will get there, but network integration will be the main priority

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
 

2022 is a long ways away.  Phones are dead in 2020, but M2M is 2022. The other carriers will use so little for 1x/evdo/hspa it won't even really matter.  ATT 2G is dead, HSPA is a solid fallback.  TMobile already has 2G in guard bands. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, RedSpark said:

LTE Plus isn’t shown anymore. Is this a new thing?

Maybe they decided to get rid of it and just call it LTE?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, RedSpark said:

LTE Plus isn’t shown anymore. Is this a new thing?

That happened a few months ago.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/19/2018 at 3:13 AM, JonnygATL said:

Yeah even here in Atlanta it is borderline. Volte sucks with my magic box. I disable it. CDMA is awesome for voice. That's the "problem." 

Are you using the real VoLTE or the Voip VoLTE Beta on an Android phone?

VoLTE isn't being enabled for all users for a few months, this is for markets away from the North/South borders, later for those areas.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Bob Newhart said:

Are you using the real VoLTE or the Voip VoLTE Beta on an Android phone?

VoLTE isn't being enabled for all users for a few months, this is for markets away from the North/South borders, later for those areas.

 

On 7/19/2018 at 7:40 PM, JonnygATL said:

Sorry yeah I meant calling plus. My bad. Definitely a significant distinction. 

^^

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Some of you have made references about Calling Plus not being VoLTE no matter what....     So if I go into my S9+ and turn on Calling Plus, then turn "Wi-Fi calling" off and only leave "LTE calling" turned on... you're saying that's not really VoLTE?      I have been able to make calls like this without issue and the quality was pretty good.  

Edited by dro1984

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, dro1984 said:

Some of you have made references about Calling Plus not being VoLTE no matter what....     So if I go into my S9+ and turn on Calling Plus, then turn "Wi-Fi calling" off and only leave "LTE calling" turned on... you're saying that's not really VoLTE?      I have been able to make calls like this without issue and the quality was pretty good.  

Calling Plus lacks QOS, meaning its not quite VoLTE. Without QOS, the call is treated the same way like any other data traffic and is susceptible to more dropped calls or less than desirable quality.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

More casino coverage! 😎

Follows on these previously announced upgrades...

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks like Sprint is making progress on improving BYOD support...

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, dro1984 said:

Some of you have made references about Calling Plus not being VoLTE no matter what....     So if I go into my S9+ and turn on Calling Plus, then turn "Wi-Fi calling" off and only leave "LTE calling" turned on... you're saying that's not really VoLTE?      I have been able to make calls like this without issue and the quality was pretty good.  

Calling Plus and WiFi calling solutions are a type of VoIP.  VoLTE is also a type of VoIP, specifically designed for LTE networks.  Calling Plus is not VoLTE.  But both are VoIP's.  Your analogy is like saying an Audi and a Cadillac are the same because they use the same highway.  Just because both can run voice across an LTE network does not make them both VoLTE.  But there are many similarities.  Just like to a caveman, the Audi and Cadillac would be nearly identical.

Robert

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, S4GRU said:

Calling Plus and WiFi calling solutions are a type of VoIP.  VoLTE is also a type of VoIP, specifically designed for LTE networks.  Calling Plus is not VoLTE.  But both are VoIP's.  Your analogy is like saying an Audi and a Cadillac are the same because they use the same highway.  Just because both can run voice across an LTE network does not make them both VoLTE.  But there are many similarities.  Just like to a caveman, the Audi and Cadillac would be nearly identical.

Robert

I'm not saying that at all...I guess I worded it funny.

I was asking a question, trying to clear up my confusion.   Calling plus without knowing the detail appears to be  VoLTE .    Now I know it's not, but as stated, I have made calls like that, and they were good quality.   

Edited by dro1984

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×