Marcelo Claure, Town Hall Meetings, New Family Share Pack Plan, Unlimited Individual Plan, Discussion Thread

joshuam

5 hours ago, RedSpark said:

Seems like they’re working their way down the Vegas strip! “Better coverage keeps players at the tables longer” is a good selling point.

I can confirm that’s true.

I was in Vegas last week and had no issues at all outdoors on the strip. Indoors was good about 80% of the time. And a good portion of indoors issues were a result of low upload speeds on Band 41.

There are still a few non-NV sites that plague the strip though...

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Paynefanbro said:

The FCC doc stated they want AWS to be the main LTE band and to get folks off of 2.5GHz as fast as possible in order to use it all for 5G. That's the only reason why I suggested that they might decide to switch them out.

Makes some sense, but they could also eventually make these 5G as well..

• Like 2

Paris and Harrah's are both Caesar's Entertainment properties. That makes me wonder if they've cut some kind of deal with Caesar's to get all of their resorts on The Strip connected first.
Would love to see them strike a deal more with MGM. They have more properties on the Strip.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

• Like 3

Would love to see them strike a deal more with MGM. They have more properties on the Strip.

Yeah, a couple more. With all of the consolidation over the years it's now basically a duopoly with CET & MGM owning ~65% of the Strip properties between them. So whatever agreement they've come to work Caesar's (if any) they also need to strike with MGM to expedite upgrades in their properties. Although, I wonder if given the fact that T-Mobile Arena is partially owned by MGM Resorts I wonder if they already have an "in" with MGM. [emoji848]

• Like 2

Instead of having two plans, they should have offered HD streaming as a $10 add-on option. With these two plans, an entire family has to buy HD if only one person wants it.
Also, I hope they are including taxes and fees in these new plans. Because if they aren't, then Sprint is selling a Kia Sorento at Chevrolet Corvette prices. A family of four would have $10 worth of Admin Fees added to the bill each month. Then add taxes & fees and Unlimited Basic could be anywhere between $15-25 more a month than T-Mobile.
You can mix and match the standard and unlimited plus just like you are suggesting. Its $10 to add to any line so you can customize to your families needs.

32 minutes ago, RedSpark said:

VoLTE!

Think it will go live before or after the new iPhone launches?

They can't do it before deploying band 26 on nearly all their sites. That has not happened yet. 1x800 works really well. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, bigsnake49 said:

They can't do it before deploying band 26 on nearly all their sites. That has not happened yet. 1x800 works really well. 

Almost all sites have B26, they can just disable VoLTE on sites that are still waiting on IBEZ.

2 hours ago, nexgencpu said:

Almost all sites have B26, they can just disable VoLTE on sites that are still waiting on IBEZ.

Maybe in your neck of the woods they do. I get 1x800 and LTE 26 from sites way away from me when there is a site half a mile away. 

6 minutes ago, bigsnake49 said:

Maybe in your neck of the woods they do. I get 1x800 and LTE 26 from sites way away from me when there is a site half a mile away. 

So your connecting to sites with B25 only? or 3G? At this point it must be rare for macro sites to not broadcast B26 (not counting GMO or small cell)

2 minutes ago, nexgencpu said:

So your connecting to sites with B25 only? or 3G? At this point it must be rare for macro sites to not broadcast B26 (not counting GMO or small cell)

I connect mainly to B41 which is on the site closest to me but it is a single channel. But my condo is a concrete fortress and B41 is not accessible in all areas of the condo. I have great signal for 1x800 CDMA voice from sites 4-6 miles away. Imagine if they put 1x800 and B26 on the site .5 miles away. What's really strange is that I almost never drop from B41->B25->B26. It goes directly from B41->B26.

• Like 2

VoLTE will be a market specific opt in option.

It's already live on the network for closed testing and in some areas production network testing. 

• Like 8

2 hours ago, lilotimz said:

It's already live on the network for closed testing and in some areas production network testing. 

Is there a minimum RSSI QOS threshold for VOLTE?

On 7/5/2018 at 1:08 PM, nexgencpu said:

Until the Android P beta, I kept B26 disabled on my Pixel 2 XL.  Its over subscribed in all of West Michigan and essentially useless.  Since the Android P beta, I can't get the dialer codes screen to ever open and change the settings.  Luckily I have a Magic Box at home and B41 in Lansing is usually usable now.

On 7/5/2018 at 10:08 AM, nexgencpu said:

It is very common. 

They are still installing B26/1x800 voice, they are installing them all the time though.

11 hours ago, Bob Newhart said:

It is very common. 

They are still installing B26/1x800 voice, they are installing them all the time though.

Hopefully they will install B26/1x800 voice in the site very close to me. Oh and make the single B41 carrier into 3CA. and eventually a 15x15 B25.

Interesting development and partnership: http://sixflags.sprint.com/

Release: http://newsroom.sprint.com/sprint-rewards-its-customers-with-sprint-customer-appreciation-days-at-six-flags-great-america.htm

(“The one-of-a-kind relationship, network upgrades and additions are estimated at $1.4 million.”)

Sprint Experience Store: 
Sprint, for the first time, has opened an experience store for all park visitors at Six Flags Great America. It is open daily at the theme park starting at noon, and offers a comfortable indoor, climate-controlled environment with free amenities including Wi-Fi, charging stations, a big screen to watch a game, digital photo station, and shop exclusive deals on Sprint products3.

“Six Flags Great America is excited to launch the first-ever Sprint experience store with new technologies to enhance the park guest experience,” said Stephanie Borges, Six Flags VP of Strategic Marketing & Partnerships. “This innovative relationship creates a unique environment for our park guests where they can enjoy free WiFi, a place to charge their devices among other exciting benefits.”

Sprint’s Network Investment: 
Sprint has invested heavily in its network at Six Flags Great America and surrounding areas (ex: Gurnee Mills) through the deployment of tools such as small cells. The company will soon be lighting up a new cell site at the park that features all three of Sprint’s spectrum bands – 800 MHz, 1.9 GHz and 2.5 GHz – to give customers its fastest, most reliable service. Later this summer the company expects to deploy innovative Massive MIMO technology to dramatically boost network capacity and data speeds for park visitors. This innovative technology is core to Sprint’s planned 5G mobile network launch beginning in first half of 2019 with Chicago among its first 5G markets.

Small cells are low-powered boxes installed on telephone poles, streetlights or other types of infrastructure throughout the theme park to boost data speeds. The small cells connect to the park’s Outdoor Distributed Antenna System (oDAS) in order to transmit Sprint’s 2.5 GHz service throughout Six Flags Great Americas.

• Like 6

Hopefully this will spread out to other Six Flags locations. Fiesta Texas is in desperate need of a new cell site and small cells thanks to being in a literal quarry mine dugout.

• Like 2

On 7/5/2018 at 11:07 AM, lilotimz said:

Looks like September for 60% of the country and the rest will be early next year.

• Like 1