Marcelo Claure, Town Hall Meetings, New Family Share Pack Plan, Unlimited Individual Plan, Discussion Thread

joshuam

3 minutes ago, Terrell352 said:

Not true boost mobile in fact does offer device financing now. Low priority is not valid as I have never heard of anyone getting deprioritized and as more and more b41 come online that is going to become very rare.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Interesting..

"Any Boost customer with a monthly plan who has made at least 12 consecutive on-time payments is eligible for BoostUP!" 

So you need to be a Boost customer for at least a year. Most MVNO customers dont stick around that long chasing the best deals.

• Like 1

Interesting..
"Any Boost customer with a monthly plan who has made at least 12 consecutive on-time payments is eligible for BoostUP!" 
So you need to be a Boost customer for at least a year. Most MVNO customers dont stick around that long chasing the best deals.
See. You have to admit postpaid customers are getting the shaft.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Terrell352 said:

See. You have to admit postpaid customers are getting the shaft.

I constantly finance a new device, and also use most Sprint perks like Hulu, AAA and employee discounts so Im best case scenario as a Sprint customer. But the boost mobile deal is excellent to say the least, and might be more than enough for most folks.

• Like 1

I constantly finance a new device, and also use most Sprint perks like Hulu, AAA and employee discounts so Im best case scenario as a Sprint customer. But the boost mobile deal is excellent to say the least, and might be more than enough for most folks.
It is and that's what concerns me. AAA and hulu or no taxes and fees that cost more than a hulu subscription anyway? Music that doesnt count toward your data making you less likely to hit the deprioritization limit anyway, 20GB mobile hotspot. Boost Mobile is truly getting the better deal here all for less money.

Just now, Terrell352 said:

It is and that's what concerns me. AAA and hulu or no taxes and fees that cost more than a hulu subscription anyway? Music that doesnt count toward your data making you less likely to hit the deprioritization limit anyway, 20GB mobile hotspot. Boost Mobile is truly getting the better deal here all for less money.

Global roaming is another one, but if you do not travel outside of the states it definitely makes sense to give the Boost mobile plan a strong consideration. Hopefully it doesn't cannibalize Sprint's own post-paid.

• Like 1

Global roaming is another one, but if you do not travel outside of the states it definitely makes sense to give the Boost mobile plan a strong consideration. Hopefully it doesn't cannibalize Sprint's own post-paid.
Global roaming is $10 dollar add on Mexico and Canada included. Remember no taxes and fees so still cheaper.

9 minutes ago, Terrell352 said:

Global roaming is $10 dollar add on Mexico and Canada included. Remember no taxes and fees so still cheaper.

I travel to Dominican Republic, England, Netherlands and plan on going to Greece soon, so theirs that..

One thing tho, I generally pay the extra fee for "high speed" 

• Like 2

I have Global Roaming and it's ok but nothing special. I've traveled several times internationally and used it. I like the free SMS part so I can text back home but the 2G is very very slow. It errors out a lot and can barely use it. I pay the extra $10 for higher speed Internet. Right now I'm overseas for a month. My wife and I both have Sprint. I'm not going to pay $25/week for both phones for 1 month. We may just buy a local SIM card for one of the phones.

Wish Sprint would include at least free 3G.

How is T-mobile Global roaming compared to Sprint's?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

So I signed up for Sprint's Kickstart on a line that I had on Mint Mobile, a T-Mobile MVNO. It took 4 calls to get it done but it finally got done. Some observations. LTE is mostly provided by a band 41 3-CA site and then Band 26. Voice is provided by 1x800 with great signal level. LTE signal strength is 3-6 dis lower than T-mobile even though they both use the same site. Speed is half as much as T-Mobile's (10Mbps vs 20MBps). I wonder if they just need 4x4 MIMO and 256QAM.

51 minutes ago, Terrell352 said:
I'm just going to drop this speed test I just to right here.
dba74fb4609f65dc591312c8989435ed.jpg

That’s awesome. Is that 4x CA or 3x CA with 4x4 MIMO?

That’s awesome. Is that 4x CA or 3x CA with 4x4 MIMO?
You could see if it was possible 4x by viewing service mode.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

How??

4x would show up under service mode just like 2 and 3. *#0011#

Oh no. I checked that. It was 3xCa. I thought you meant 4x4 mimo

4 minutes ago, Tengen31 said:

You need to write 4xCA or 4CA or something like that to make it clear what you are talking about.

You need to write 4xCA or 4CA or something like that to make it clear what you are talking about.

Yeah, if I was talking about mimo I would have the 2nd 4 there along with the word mimo.

25 minutes ago, Tengen31 said:

Yeah, if I was talking about mimo I would have the 2nd 4 there along with the word mimo.

That may be clear to you, but not everyone else. I maintain my request. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Terrell352 said:

S9 is a monster with the speeds

I am looking forward to getting my S9 plus onto boost Mobile to do some speed testIng