Marcelo Claure, Town Hall Meetings, New Family Share Pack Plan, Unlimited Individual Plan, Discussion Thread

joshuam

12 minutes ago, greenbastard said:

Hidden behind the last speed increase was also a price increase for me.

If it was Comcast, go in to one of their Xfinity stores and talk to a customer service rep -- they will almost always roll back pricing.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, dnicekid said:

My comcast WiFi is insane! My charter works well too charter never goes below 100 down (Speedtest) my Comcast is just ridiculous speeds. Seems like they’re both always telling me I got a speed upgrade. 

My Wi-Fi is an excess of 603 megabytes a second

Megabyte
So you have a 5gbps connection. May I ask who you get internet though and what router you use. Most SOHO routers will not handle anything above 1gbps on the WAN side and most wireless clients would never see above 1gbps at best.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

11 hours ago, danlodish345 said:

Megabyte

What ISP you have? Didn't know they offering more than 1Gbps  (100 Megabyte) speeds for home ISP.  600MB/s is fast.  We have 10Gbps servers maybe 10Gbps connections will be the new norm for home ISP.  I have a 300Mbps (megabits) internet and Cox will be offering 1Gbps soon.

On 5/11/2018 at 3:13 PM, danlodish345 said:

My Wi-Fi is an excess of 603 megabytes a second

Not sure that is even possible to push 600MB/s (6Gbps) on a home Wi-Fi wireless.  It is 600Mbps (megabits)? 

ISP's states there speeds in megabits, not megabytes, storage oem's like western digital and Samsung state there capacity in megabytes not megabits, people get that confused. So 603 megabits per secong is 75.365megabytes 

Not sure that is even possible to push 600MB/s (6Gbps) on a home Wi-Fi wireless.  It is 600Mbps (megabits)? 
It isn't possible. 600 megabits is about the limit of 802.11ac in my experience.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

5 hours ago, kg4icg said:

ISP's states there speeds in megabits, not megabytes, storage oem's like western digital and Samsung state there capacity in megabytes not megabits, people get that confused. So 603 megabits per secong is 75.365megabytes 

Oh okay yes my Wi-Fi peaks out at 600 megabytes a second

• Confused 1

Quick question. I'm going to Canada (Vancouver) in a couple of days. I recently moved off of my parent's account and to my own, and am now on the Unlimited Freedom plan with Sprint Premium International experience. I see that I get included highspeed/4G LTE data in Canada with this service, and I was just wondering if anyone knew how much data I get? I will only be there for 4-5 days, so I probably won't need a lot, but I am just curious. Thanks!

-Anthony

20 hours ago, bucdenny said:

What ISP you have? Didn't know they offering more than 1Gbps  (100 Megabyte) speeds for home ISP.  600MB/s is fast.  We have 10Gbps servers maybe 10Gbps connections will be the new norm for home ISP.  I have a 300Mbps (megabits) internet and Cox will be offering 1Gbps soon.

I have Comcast. Comcast has one gigabit internet service.

7 hours ago, danlodish345 said:

I have Comcast. Comcast has one gigabit internet service.

1Gbps is 128 MB per secound. 1 byte is 8 bits. Transfer speeds are in bits storage are in bytes. Confusing the two causes some outsiders to also be confused by what speeds you are talking about due to the 8x difference.

• Like 1

http://newsroom.sprint.com/sprint-announces-new-york-city-phoenix-and-kansas-city-among-first-to-experience-sprint-5g.htm

Sprint has added New York, Phoenix and Kansas to the list of 5G cities for Q1 2019. I'm really liking how Sprint is moving fast on the network thus far as if there is no merger on the table. 

• Like 2

http://newsroom.sprint.com/sprint-announces-new-york-city-phoenix-and-kansas-city-among-first-to-experience-sprint-5g.htm

Sprint has added New York, Phoenix and Kansas to the list of 5G cities for Q1 2019. I'm really liking how Sprint is moving fast on the network thus far as if there is no merger on the table. 
Not Minneapolis. ;) BOO

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, Tengen31 said:

Not Minneapolis. ;) BOO

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Well what about the surrounding areas? Like central Jersey which is a part of New York City? And the LTE has gotten quicker here...but what about filling in the LTE gaps here.... serious work still needs to be done with The LTE service Gaps. But overall network quality has improved along the main highway. So far so good...just improve the coverage off the main highway and I ll jump back on Sprint.

• Like 2

I just wanted to ask with the merger still on going..how far behind is sprint still ? I can only speak for my market and although sprint is moving here with upgrades they still lack density in the area.. sprint announcing a few more 5G markets.. means they are seeing the plan through .. which in any case they would have to Incase the merger doesn't get approved. What are sprint current pops on LTE without any roaming

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, tyroned3222 said:

I just wanted to ask with the merger still on going..how far behind is sprint still ? I can only speak for my market and although sprint is moving here with upgrades they still lack density in the area.. sprint announcing a few more 5G markets.. means they are seeing the plan through .. which in any case they would have to Incase the merger doesn't get approved. What are sprint current pops on LTE without any roaming

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Not sure how far back they are but I don’t expect them to slow down “5G Market Announcements” (Massive Mimo rollouts) since it benefits both Sprint and New T-Mobile’s future.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, IamMrFamous07 said:

Not sure how far back they are but I don’t expect them to slow down “5G Market Announcements” (Massive Mimo rollouts) since it benefits both Sprint and New T-Mobile’s future.

sprint still has serios lte holes where i live...triband lte roll out is only half done...not even close to complete in my town..go off the main high way and lte service is a joke....but on the main road LTE service is pretty good...