Marcelo Claure, Town Hall Meetings, New Family Share Pack Plan, Unlimited Individual Plan, Discussion Thread

joshuam

4 hours ago, Tengen31 said:

To be fair Marcelo has not been with them for the last decade. He was handed alot that takes years to recover from. People talk about TMO while forgetting att paid for that. If Sprint would have gotten that money the would likely be where TMO is also.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Marcelo is the worst at over hyping and under deleverying. He basically lied for 6 months about the progress of their small cell deployment only to turn around and call it a "misunderstanding". 

Marcelo has near zero credibility. I am still waiting for sprint to have the number one network, it was going to take 18 months some 36 months ago. I wonder where they are at on that. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, tyroned3222 said:

So, let's say even if sprint works at the pace tmobile did they will still remain lightyears behind just like tmo is still behind in overall area covered.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Maybe, but what is mobile going to do for 5g? 

• Like 1

600mhz is far fetched, but I would have more confidence in their plan .. then anything that comes from Marcelo team.. the plan sounds good , but will the execute remains to be seen

600mhz is far fetched, but I would have more confidence in their plan .. then anything that comes from Marcelo team.. the plan sounds good , but will the execute remains to be seen

How long as it been since he said Sprint would be number one or two performing carrier? That could be hard without more small cells than any carriers onces that can do more than 2xca. So far I'm not impressed with Sprint small cells. The ones I've been on only have one carrier and it was slow. I was in Minneapolis MN couple weeks ago and was on a small cell and it was slow. When it connected back to the macro that's when it when back to fast I saw alot of small cells down there and SCP barely showed it. Made me think most of them were vzw and or att.

• Like 2

How long as it been since he said Sprint would be number one or two performing carrier? That could be hard without more small cells than any carriers onces that can do more than 2xca. So far I'm not impressed with Sprint small cells. The ones I've been on only have one carrier and it was slow. I was in Minneapolis MN couple weeks ago and was on a small cell and it was slow. When it connected back to the macro that's when it when back to fast

Yup and after that statement ( was false) another lie came out and corrected by Marcelo that only 50% of site are running band 41 and not more that guenther had claimed a while before that.. and the efforts now are a bit late imo. Sprint has to spend top dollar 1 network 2 marketing 3 and all of this has to change their brand image.. in which sprint isn't that big of a company to be operating on a big scale like that ... If softbank can poor in a big boost then maybe

11 minutes ago, utiz4321 said:

To be fair TMobile is expanding coverage although it will take quite a while. I have noticed a bit of an improvement with Sprint and there LTE speeds All though coverage couldn't use some work... But then again as well TMobile has poor density here. 

Yup and after that statement ( was false) another lie came out and corrected by Marcelo that only 50% of site are running band 41 and not more that guenther had claimed a while before that.. and the efforts now are a bit late imo. Sprint has to spend top dollar 1 network 2 marketing 3 and all of this has to change their brand image.. in which sprint isn't that big of a company to be operating on a big scale like that ... If softbank can poor in a big boost then maybe  

I don't Remember how many Small cells they Claimed for this year's Superbowl but SCP only showed it once when I was there couple weeks ago. I saw Small cells all over and signal check showed me connected to Macros pretty much the whole time accept one time.

2 hours ago, Tengen31 said:

That could be hard without more small cells than any carriers onces that can do more than 2xca. So far I'm not impressed with Sprint small cells. The ones I've been on only have one carrier and it was slow.

Sprint needs to start thinking about different ways of getting backhaul to small cells. The current method is not long for the new 5G ecosystem.

And now that I think about it, neither are Magic Boxes. At some point down the road, Sprint will have to deploy their entire 2.5 Ghz spectrum in order to have a robust 5G network. Don't think there will be room for Magic Boxes at that point. Airaves will probably have to make a comeback.

36 minutes ago, greenbastard said:

Sprint needs to start thinking about different ways of getting backhaul to small cells. The current method is not long for the new 5G ecosystem.

And now that I think about it, neither are Magic Boxes. At some point down the road, Sprint will have to deploy their entire 2.5 Ghz spectrum in order to have a robust 5G network. Don't think there will be room for Magic Boxes at that point. Airaves will probably have to make a comeback.

No no no! I love the MB! I have two. One installed in a place where signal is dead for every carrier and I'm able to maintain 15mb+ speeds. Plus the MB increases in speed depending on relay. It even supports 4x4MIMO HPUE for it's relay. So once your local tower sees there upgrades, indoors speeds will improve accordingly.

It should hold up fantastically over time. What happens when your home internet hits the fan? Airave goes with it. While the airave has it's place, it is no replacement for the MB.

• Like 6

38 minutes ago, greenbastard said:

By the time that NR replaces LTE (decade+ away), I sure hope something better than the existing LTE Magic Box's is out there. Sure wouldn't mind a MMR MB equivalent..

• Like 5

By the time that NR replaces LTE (decade+ away), I sure hope something better than the existing LTE Magic Box's is out there. Sure wouldn't mind a MMR MB equivalent..
Hey Tim are Magicboxes able to do 256 qam?

SoftBank selling Brightstar?

https://in.reuters.com/article/us-brightstar-m-a/softbank-seeks-to-sell-cellphone-distributor-brightstar-sources-idINKCN1HD2GK

Seems like a mistake especially since Sprint uses it to turn around devices from annual upgrades at cost.

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, nexgencpu said:

Big one for Sprint! Tmobile's home town!

I don't think it's a big deal for 2 reasons. The first reason is Sprint is barely faster and I would be willing to bet T-mobile still has much higher upload speeds so when rootmetrics comes out TMobile would still be faster. The second reason is Sprint has been fast in Seattle for years now. If they took a much worse market like Savannah GA, Charleston SC, New Orleans, Memphis ect and brought them to #1 or #2 then I would be impressed.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Terrell352 said:

I don't think it's a big deal for 2 reasons. The first reason is Sprint is barely faster and I would be willing to bet T-mobile still has much higher upload speeds so when rootmetrics comes out TMobile would still be faster. The second reason is Sprint has been fast in Seattle for years now. If they took a much worse market like Savannah GA, Charleston SC, New Orleans, Memphis ect and brought them to #1 or #2 then I would be impressed.

Imagine how much better Sprint will be once they’ve got 800 MHz up and running. 15x15 L1900 as well.

• Like 1

I agree ! A few of the markets are starting to repeat ( markets sprint has been good in for some time now ). Now sprint is getting better within these markets, but would like to see other markets increase too.

• Like 1

Imagine how much better Sprint will be once they’ve got 800 MHz up and running. 15x15 L1900 as well.
As someone who lives right by a 15mhz b25 market I can tell you it's great. At Disney world it is more reliable than B41 in upload with speeds in the 15-25mbps range and matches it in download most of the time and that's without 4x4 mimo and 256qam.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

• Like 2

1 minute ago, tyroned3222 said:

I agree ! A few of the markets are starting to repeat ( markets sprint has been good in for some time now ). Now sprint is getting better within these markets, but would like to see other markets increase too.

How about instead of bragging about speeds with PR releases expand coverage. That's Sprint sore spot. But I will admit they have improved in total coverage though. I'm glad to see them improving. But they still need to expand coverage for sure.

• Like 1

How about instead of bragging about speeds with PR releases expand coverage. That's Sprint sore spot. But I will admit they have improved in total coverage though. I'm glad to see them improving. But they still need to expand coverage for sure.
It will happen overtime ( bit by bit #gettingbettereveryday) if you want better coverage sooner we all know that answer to that.. if your not going super rural sprint is fine imo

It will happen overtime ( bit by bit #gettingbettereveryday) if you want better coverage sooner we all know that answer to that.. if your not going super rural sprint is fine imo

Yes I do not disagree with you along major highways and and major urban areas yeah sure they are perfect but I do agree with your other opinion though.

Yes I do not disagree with you along major highways and and major urban areas yeah sure they are perfect but I do agree with your other opinion though.

I'm going on vacation this summer to mount Rushmore so I'll have to use att or vzw during that. I'm not sure on TMobile coverage yet. I don't have a band 71 capable phone and I also don't know if Sprint plans to support that band on there phones.