Marcelo Claure, Town Hall Meetings, New Family Share Pack Plan, Unlimited Individual Plan, Discussion Thread

joshuam

Pretty much every site has been upgraded in NYC and then some. It's just that KC is their home market so they used that.
So, the entire tri state area is upgraded for sprint .. nice they should score a lot higher on the 2nd half of 18 root

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, tyroned3222 said:

So, the entire tri state area is upgraded for sprint .. nice they should score a lot higher on the 2nd half of 18 root

I said NYC, never said the tri-state area. I can't vouch for any of the surrounding area. I know Sprint is working with Altice to get those strand mount small cells up in Long Island especially.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, tyroned3222 said:

Certain borroughs aren't a problem for sprint .. but overall NYC I'm sure it hasnt been fully upgraded to reflect as it shows on kansas city map

That's not why Kansas City was shown. NYC has great coverage if you pay attention to our members who actually live there. They could only put one map like that on the page, so why not their home market? Makes sense to me. They can't put one up for every city they have coverage in. If they do New York, why not Chicago? And if they do Chicago, why not Boston? ... etc.

• Like 1

That's not why Kansas City was shown. NYC has great coverage if you pay attention to our members who actually live there. They could only put one map like that on the page, so why not their home market? Makes sense to me. They can't put one up for every city they have coverage in. If they do New York, why not Chicago? And if they do Chicago, why not Boston? ... etc.
Why not TMO does it .. they have a bigger map , but I can be done

1 hour ago, tyroned3222 said:

Keep in mind Sprint is parterning with Altice which they cover the whole Tristate area. I would assume upgrades are on the way.

4 minutes ago, tyroned3222 said:

It's a bigger map, but it's looks pretty cool doing it like this

I haven't seen that map before. But my argument still stands. In order to have the detail of the coverage like they showed, it needs to be zoomed in to the city level. They can't display every city like that, so they picked their home market. Additionally, Sprint is showing the upgrades to B41, not coverage expansion. You'd want to see the local level for that kind of coverage update, not national. The LTE Plus coverage that is shown was very accurate from my experiences in Kansas City. I doubt accurate coverage can be extrapolated from that T-mobile map. 

54 minutes ago, Dkoellerwx said:

I hope to see more of these slider map comparisons posted once Massive MIMO launches in the first six cities this year: http://newsroom.sprint.com/sprint-unveils-5g-ready-massive-mimo-markets.htm

Atlanta, Chicago, Dallas, Houston, Los Angeles and Washington, D.C. 

4 minutes ago, RedSpark said:

I hope to see more of these kinds of slider maps comparisons posted once Massive MIMO launches in the first six cities this year: http://newsroom.sprint.com/sprint-unveils-5g-ready-massive-mimo-markets.htm

Atlanta, Chicago, Dallas, Houston, Los Angeles and Washington, D.C. 

Would be cool, would depend on how coverage is shown though. Are they going to give Massive MIMO a new name? LTE Plus Plus? Unless they do that, I don't really see a way to show the updates in coverage. --- Thinking about that a bit more... I guess they could label it Gigabit LTE.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, greenbastard said:

Umm.......5G?

When 5G actually launches yeah, no duh. They aren't going to be "5G" initially. It will just be capacity increases. I don't see a way to reflect that on coverage maps just yet, especially since there are no 5G devices, and it's still not entirely clear what the 5G network will actually look like.

1 hour ago, Dkoellerwx said:

Would be cool, would depend on how coverage is shown though. Are they going to give Massive MIMO a new name? LTE Plus Plus? Unless they do that, I don't really see a way to show the updates in coverage. --- Thinking about that a bit more... I guess they could label it Gigabit LTE.  

I wouldn't be surprised if they skip the naming part this go around and just talk about it in a press release as increased capacity in these cities. AT&T has faced a bit of bad press in the past for doing something similar.

4 hours ago, Dkoellerwx said:

When 5G actually launches yeah, no duh. They aren't going to be "5G" initially. It will just be capacity increases. I don't see a way to reflect that on coverage maps just yet, especially since there are no 5G devices, and it's still not entirely clear what the 5G network will actually look like.

I think it would be nice to have a dot/list on the map to indicate Massive MIMO deployments in major markets.

It's a bigger map, but it's looks pretty cool doing it like this 28acbcc54b0854468932c5f8c2658f24.jpg

DK is right you do have to zoom in to see real coverage.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

1438fa9698a1862e2a54d8762c8701b1.jpg

• Like 1

DK is right you do have to zoom in to see real coverage.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Which is true , but from a marketing stand point a average consumer is going to look at sprint map of Kansas and say oh is this the only area they improved in.. and then look at TMO map .. wow look how much they have imporoved from 2015 until 2018.

1 hour ago, tyroned3222 said:

Which is true , but from a marketing stand point a average consumer is going to look at sprint map of Kansas and say oh is this the only area they improved in.. and then look at TMO map .. wow look how much they have imporoved from 2015 until 2018.

People can be stupid, but I don't think they're that stupid. Most people would understand that Sprint is just using it as an example of the improvements they've made on their network.

2 hours ago, Paynefanbro said:

People can be stupid, but I don't think they're that stupid. Most people would understand that Sprint is just using it as an example of the improvements they've made on their network.

Oh, no no no. Unfortunately,  you're giving humans far too much credit. Sadly,  you're wrong; people are that stupid and even orders of magnitude more so. I'm astounded everyday at the stupidity that abounds all around me. 

• Like 7

3 minutes ago, JonnygATL said:

Oh, no no no. Unfortunately,  you're giving humans far too much credit. Sadly,  you're wrong; people are that stupid and even orders of magnitude more so. I'm astounded everyday at the stupidity that abounds all around me. 

I'm really not giving people too much credit given they can scroll down and the next thing on the website is a page that says "faster than ever downloads" with a list of cities where speeds have increased significantly. Now if you said that folks would see that and think that those are the only cities where improvements were, I'd believe you. However, thinking that the improvements are only in Kansas City is a bit of a stretch.

3 hours ago, JonnygATL said:

No, people are incredibly stupid, I assure you. It's not even debatable,  unfortunately. 

Oh yes I do definitely agree. Especially when people are driving people are some of the stupidest things around.

1 hour ago, Paynefanbro said:

CNBC made a video about Softbank.

Interesting that he didn't say a single word about Sprint. 

• Like 2