Marcelo Claure, Town Hall Meetings, New Family Share Pack Plan, Unlimited Individual Plan, Discussion Thread

joshuam

11 minutes ago, swintec said:

Within the last week I started getting HD voice, while connected to wifi calling, when a Verizon user calls me.  However if i initiate the call instead HD voice is not there.  What gives?

Also, if i disconnect from wifi and use the cellular network (1x800), no HD voice no matter what.  its been so long so i can not remember but is there no HD voice on 1x?

HD Voice on 1x is only available between Sprint customers, I believe.  And between calling plus enabled devices.

1 hour ago, clbowens said:

HD Voice on 1x is only available between Sprint customers, I believe.  And between calling plus enabled devices.

1x Voice HD is Sprint to Sprint only.

HD voice using AMR-WB or EVS-WB is:

• Calling Plus <--> Calling Plus (CP)
  •  Wifi Calling <--> Wifi Calling (WC)
  • WC <--> CP
  • VoLTE <--> VoLTE
  • VoLTE <--> WC
  • VoLTE <--> CP

HD Voice can be used during CP, WC, and VoLTE to another carriers network as well. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, bakedc4 said:

Best part is Shentel isn't on that tower.51fcc3e3dfc670b4beea34cb2e56fd5b.jpg

Sent from my HTC U12+ using Tapatalk

Shentel's on a different tower nearby though, I think.  I believe on the tall Exxon sign near I-81 and US-50.

I have record of AT&T and T-Mobile on that tower.  Am I correct in assuming Verizon is on it as well?  (Looks like T-Mobile is the bottom rack and AT&T the middle rack...)

- Trip

Shentel's on a different tower nearby though, I think.  I believe on the tall Exxon sign near I-81 and US-50.
I have record of AT&T and T-Mobile on that tower.  Am I correct in assuming Verizon is on it as well?  (Looks like T-Mobile is the bottom rack and AT&T the middle rack...)
- Trip
You would be correct on all of that sir. If memory serves me correctly, the site on the Exxon sign was our frist B41 site.
I was at the new SU athletic/event center all day and every time I looked out the window it made me laugh. Per Google, the Exxon site is about 2000' away from there.

Sent from my HTC U12+ using Tapatalk

6 hours ago, lilotimz said:

HD Voice can be used during CP, WC, and VoLTE to another carriers network as well. 

Good to know.  I just cant figure out why when I try to initiate the call on WC to Verizon, HD voice will not appear but the reverse it will (she calls me instead).  Everything else is the same.

On 4/30/2019 at 7:27 AM, dro1984 said:

They are knee-deep in litigation now from multiple investment firms and clients.   How do you present fictitious earnings news?   IMO, this violates the Sarbanes-Oxley Act (SOX) act.   Big time trouble if it does.  

I'm sure the settlement with AT&T (probably bad) is something else they're having to deal with.

What do we think about the cause of the delay being Sprint did well this past quarter and they got a really good deal in their settlement with AT&T? News like that could potentially kill the merger. 

1 hour ago, Brad The Beast said:

What do we think about the cause of the delay being Sprint did well this past quarter and they got a really good deal in their settlement with AT&T? News like that could potentially kill the merger. 

We think that isn't how these things work.

May 7, 2019

The results will be posted at www.sprint.com/investors at approximately 4:05 p.m. ET.

Sprint management will host a conference call at 4:30 p.m. ET to discuss the results.

2 minutes ago, Dkoellerwx said:

Wow! I'm shocked!

Not.

It is almost as if it was entirely predictable.

On 4/30/2019 at 3:49 PM, Mr.Nuke said:

Which points pretty strongly to May 7th. If that date comes and goes then this post is appropriate...

May 7, 2019
The results will be posted at www.sprint.com/investors at approximately 4:05 p.m. ET.
Sprint management will host a conference call at 4:30 p.m. ET to discuss the results.
I've already told David this but someone is now claiming Sprint hasn't released their results cause of pending lawsuit's for lieing to investors. Made up but the individual claiming that

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

Very Nice!

I hope they also get out of the cars and do walking tests as well. Give someone a backpack and a large power cell pack and send them off exploring the city. I would gladly do it... and get my steps in!

• Like 2

4 hours ago, RedSpark said:

Very Nice!

I hope they also get out of the cars and do walking tests as well. Give someone a backpack and a large power cell pack and send them off exploring the city. I would gladly do it... and get my steps in!

Hit him up on Twitter and he might send you a V50. Worth a shot lol. Sounds like a fun way to get the cardio in!

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Brad The Beast said:

Hit him up on Twitter and he might send you a V50. Worth a shot lol. Sounds like a fun way to get the cardio in!

I’ll ping someone I know there. 😀

• Like 2

They are knee-deep in litigation now from multiple investment firms and clients.   How do you present fictitious earnings news?   IMO, this violates the Sarbanes-Oxley Act (SOX) act.   Big time trouble if it does.  

Numbers aren’t great .. 169 thousand in gains most of this is coming from prepaid migrations without this they only do 40K +. At a loss of 189K.. tough times at sprint.. and another loss of 539m free cash flow

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, tyroned3222 said:

Numbers aren’t great .. 169 thousand in gains most of this is coming from prepaid migrations without this they only do 40K +. At a loss of 189K.. tough times at sprint.. and another loss of 539m free cash flow

Yeah. That’s true.

They’ve got 2.5 GHz on about 80% of their Macro Sites, 30,000 small cells (including mini macros and strand mounts), and about 1,500 Massive MIMO units.

This could have been much worse. However, at a certain point, Sprint will run out of road on its cost cutting initiatives.

• Like 1

They’re painting a honest picture now to get that merger approved.

They sound so boring over the phone. My God.

Yeah. That’s true.
They’ve got 2.5 GHz on about 80% of their Macro Sites, 30,000 small cells (including mini macros and strand mounts), and about 1,500 Massive MIMO units.
This could have been much worse. However, at a certain point, Sprint will run out of road on its cost cutting initiatives.

Ya, at this point there’s absolutely no justification for any further network growth as there is absolutely no return in investment.. if no merger, I think it’s a given sprint lowers capex immediately. Not trying to be super negative, but these numbers with debt that’s coming due. No way sprint as a stand alone keeps up spending on capex

2 hours ago, derrph said:

They’re painting a honest picture now to get that merger approved.

I think the reason for the shareholder lawsuits is that these reports weren’t completely honest.... and because its FCC Filings painted an honest assessment of Sprint’s situation.

These investor reports do not contain the apocalyptic data/language that Sprint used in its FCC filings to support its case for a merger.

2 hours ago, tyroned3222 said:

Ya, at this point there’s absolutely no justification for any further network growth as there is absolutely no return in investment.. if no merger, I think it’s a given sprint lowers capex immediately. Not trying to be super negative, but these numbers with debt that’s coming due. No way sprint as a stand alone keeps up spending on capex

See the Sprint’s current liquidity status on page 20: https://investors.sprint.com/files/doc_financials/quarterly/2018/Q4/Fiscal-4Q18-Sprint-Quarterly-Investor-Update-FINAL.pdf

It seems it’s starting to get thin...

I listened to the Investor's Relations webcast...   I was so difficult to listen to.   I don't even know who Sprint had speaking as I didn't recognize 2 of them.    No more Marcelo, as I know.. he's moved on...  nothing from the CTO, ...    they didn't really offer many answers to many questions... kind of Rubbish.   Just makes me hope the merger happens soon.    The last question and answer:  Basically the out look on Sprint's future if the merger doesn't go through?  Answer:  Sprint will not be able to operate as a national carrier as we know it.  They will be unable to compete with the others.