Marcelo Claure, Town Hall Meetings, New Family Share Pack Plan, Unlimited Individual Plan, Discussion Thread

joshuam

41 minutes ago, RedSpark said:

Neville took a look at wine prices and doesn’t want to lose the bet with Dr. Saw.:D

Doctor Saw messed up, he only mentioned 40mh> when in reality he should have said 40mhz> of licensed spectrum. Tmobile will use the 5ghz WIFI and that will bring the lawsuits.  

57 minutes ago, nexgencpu said:

So is Ericsson taking over for massive mimo in Ericsson NV 1.0 markets while Nokia moves to Alucent NV 1.0 markets for massive mimo?

Just now, Terrell352 said:

So is Ericsson taking over for massive mimo in Ericsson NV 1.0 markets while Nokia moves to Alucent NV 1.0 markets for massive mimo?

Nothing of a big change. Nokia bought Lucent so obviously they are taking those big cities LA, NYC, Philly, Boston etc that Alcatel previously was responsible for. Ericsson will take over the Southern states where they deployed the network vision 1.0 tech. The only thing that stays intact is the Samsung markets like Chicago, Seattle etc.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, kg4icg said:

Looking forward to it, we'll be upgrading my primary line in June, so will just have to wait and see what device to get by then to take advantage of the DC area when it kicks in. 

I too am very excited to see these upgrades are coming for the DC Market.

This will also help with Sprint’s initiatives to get back into the Federal and Public Sector space.

Earlier they were bashing all the other carriers for announcing 5G this year, and now they are saying 30 cities!? Geez...

I can see them doing a lot with 600MHz.  Their 5GHz movement will be interesting.  The cellular industry push on 5GHz in general will be interesting. So many things are out of your control.

Neville basically states it's going to be mmWave hotspots and 600MHz for now.

So I’m guessing the mmwave will be in high populated areas like malls and arenas and the 600 will be deploying like they been doing but with some aggregation and whatever else?

It’ll be interesting to see what Sprints 5G is going to constructed like.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm on the fence with switching from Unlimited My Way to the current unlimited plan. Is the hotspot worth the "limitations" on video streaming? Can't decide if I should make the switch before any price changes which have been looming lately

1 hour ago, derrph said:

So I’m guessing the mmwave will be in high populated areas like malls and arenas and the 600 will be deploying like they been doing but with some aggregation and whatever else?

It’ll be interesting to see what Sprints 5G is going to constructed like.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I hope they deploy it on all sites that make sense not like how they initially deployed B41 8T8R.

• Like 1

Lots of talk about 4 and 5 Gee layers. Sounds like more radios, paths and sweet battery death. I wonder if it will have a lame toggle button on first wave phones like airlink rollouts of yore. 

The disclaimer was 299 words short of the article length in whole.

That sure says something.

5 hours ago, cyclone said:

I'm on the fence with switching from Unlimited My Way to the current unlimited plan. Is the hotspot worth the "limitations" on video streaming? Can't decide if I should make the switch before any price changes which have been looming lately

https://support.sprint.com/support/article/FAQs_about_the_Sprint_Unlimited_Plans/e8bc59f3-1893-4482-895a-38b7ed69ab65

Unlimited Freedom includes HD Streaming for Video at 1080p.

You can also upgrade to Ultra Hi Def Streaming for $10/Month per Line, which has no limitation.

What is Sprint Ultra High Def streaming? 

It’s a new Sprint option that gives you the highest quality streaming available based upon the network, connection, device and content at the time of streaming.

I used to be on Unlimited My Way and after switching to Unlimited Freedom with HD video streaming, I don’t see any decrease in video quality or performance on my iPhone. Having tethering is extremely convenient. Glad I switched.

7 hours ago, Paynefanbro said:

Neville basically states it's going to be mmWave hotspots and 600MHz for now.

Seems to me that T-Mobile’s fighting limits on two fronts:

600 MHz doesn’t have enough carrying capacity for real 5G.

mmWave also lacks sufficient propagation or justifiable economics to support deployments beyond hotspots.

T-Mobile is going to have to come up with another way forward... or Sprint will leave them in the dust.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, RedSpark said:

Seems to me that T-Mobile’s fighting limits on two fronts:

600 MHz doesn’t have enough carrying capacity for real 5G.

mmWave also lacks sufficient propagation or justifiable economics to support deployments beyond hotspots.

T-Mobile is going to have to come up with another way forward... or Sprint will leave them in the dust.

Sprint needs to start leading.  Customers will follow.  Leaving Tmobile in the dust with speed is a good start.  Many are skeptical of Sprint pulling it off.

• Like 2

I'm hoping for the best but I'm still very much a skeptic when it comes to Sprint. They are talking so much about 5G and they have not mastered 4G LTE yet. I hope they know what they are doing this time around.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Terrell352 said:

I'm hoping for the best but I'm still very much a skeptic when it comes to Sprint. They are talking so much about 5G and they have not mastered 4G LTE yet. I hope they know what they are doing this time around.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I agree but I think the 5G rollout will be easier since most of sprint sites have the backhaul to support 5G.

More details of the 5G buildout process from John Saw:  https://www.fiercewireless.com/5g/sprint-cto-parts-curtain-carrier-s-5g-buildout-process-goals-and-phones

I wonder if small cell vendors will ever make 5G small cells...I’m curious about that

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, IamMrFamous07 said:

I agree but I think the 5G rollout will be easier since most of sprint sites have the backhaul to support 5G.

More details of the 5G buildout process from John Saw:  https://www.fiercewireless.com/5g/sprint-cto-parts-curtain-carrier-s-5g-buildout-process-goals-and-phones

I wonder if small cell vendors will ever make 5G small cells...I’m curious about that

Only half of Sprints towers have b41. That’s not most. That means Sprint has to increase backhaul to 50% of its towers as well as all the other stuff they need to do. Long way to go.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Terrell352 said:

Only half of Sprints towers have b41. That’s not most. That means Sprint has to increase backhaul to 50% of its towers as well as all the other stuff they need to do. Long way to go.

I'd be willing to wager that out of that 50% (I'm sure it's definitely lower at this point since they've been converting B25 only sites to triband at a good clip lately) at least half of those sites have adequate backhaul to support GB speeds, be it high-speed microwave, Docsis or fiber.

• Like 3