• ×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• large.unreadcontent.png.6ef00db54e758d06

• gallery_1_23_9202.png

• There are those who see technology as magic and then there are those of us who see it as science and try to understand the how and why it works. Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk
    • On recent versions of Android, you are not likely to see it update every second except for in specific scenarios, but I'm glad it's updating regularly for you! For the benefit of whoever is interested.. signal updates from the OS are likely to be more frequent (but not guaranteed) if your device is moving fairly quickly (ie in a vehicle), and you are actively transferring data over the mobile network. When the connection is idle (including when you are using another connection method, like Wi-Fi), some things are not updated as frequently. Android does not publicly state anything much more specific than that. In reality, the signal strength is constantly changing, every millisecond, faster than the screen can even update.. but there's no reason for any mobile device to monitor it that intensely, the CPU and power impacts would be crazy. An overwhelming majority of mobile users don't even need it updating even every 10 seconds. As of last year, over 314 million Americans had mobile phones.. with some quick math, SCP is on less than 0.0032% of them 😆
    • I got frustrated enough to go to the nuclear option. Full factory reset and did not restore from a backup. SCP is now refreshing every 5 to 10 seconds, not quite the every second I prefer but still much more usable than when it takes several minutes. I wish I could identify specifically what is causing this. I don't think it is intended behavior if it is indeed the result of power management. Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk
    • That's no fun. Unfortunately it sounds like something with your device? I don't have any control over the speed at which the OS provides data updates.. the OS tries to balance power usage with the likelihood of changed data being available, and I can't do anything to force it to refresh any faster. Even if I put a manual "refresh" button to re-query the API (as many people have asked for), it would simply show the same data already present. SCP automatically refreshes the screen when the OS reports there is new data.