Marcelo Claure, Town Hall Meetings, New Family Share Pack Plan, Unlimited Individual Plan, Discussion Thread

joshuam

They're leasing spectrum to each other. If you read the comments lilotimz states that Sprint is probably aiming for contiguity of PCS so that they can deploy 10x10 in the 11 counties that this deal is taking place in.

Sprint leasing B12 spectrum from C Spire?

https://www.reddit.com/r/tmobile/comments/3j9he6/sprint_leases_700_mhz_ablock_from_c_spire_in/

Can anyone chime in here?  Wouldn't it be very expensive for Sprint to roll out B12 (more than B26/B25) in Memphis?

Actually if Sprint has the will and ATT is willing; both ATT and Sprint can realign their entire PCS holdings so that both can deploy 15x15 FDD-LTE carriers on B2 / B25. 

• Like 8

Well it looks like Band 12 didn't help T-Mobile nearly as much as Carrier Aggregation helped Sprint.

Band 12 doesn't matter for a venue really... We'll have to wait for the full metro report to see the band 12 impact.
  • Like 2

Band 12 doesn't matter for a venue really... We'll have to wait for the full metro report to see the band 12 impact.

It kinda does. It should've pushed up their data reliability score but it didn't seem to do much at all. Additionally since it is an extra 5x5 carrier speeds should have increased as a result of extra capacity.

But as I stated before, it seems as though Sprint extra carrier did a lot more that T-Mobile's extra carrier.

• Like 1

It kinda does. It should've pushed up their data reliability score but it didn't seem to do much at all. Additionally since it is an extra 5x5 carrier speeds should have increased as a result of extra capacity.

But as I stated before, it seems as though Sprint extra carrier did a lot more that T-Mobile's extra carrier.

There are reports of live band 12 sites in Kansas City area, possible just not in that location. T-Mobile overall has done a great job (at least in Maryland) of picking places that NEED band 12, rather than just blanketing it. It will certainly be interesting to see how it plays out.

• Like 1

Quick question... as I mentioned on another thread, I have a family share plan with 20 gb and have the promotion that added another 20 gb (Was supposed to be 2gb per line) that adds up to a total of 40 gb. My understanding is that the additional 20 gb was a promotion that is supposed to go away? Anyone know when those additional gbs are due to go away?

Quick question... as I mentioned on another thread, I have a family share plan with 20 gb and have the promotion that added another 20 gb (Was supposed to be 2gb per line) that adds up to a total of 40 gb. My understanding is that the additional 20 gb was a promotion that is supposed to go away? Anyone know when those additional gbs are due to go away?

Good question, because I started it in September of last year when this came about, I'll let you know if I don't see it on my next bill, but I haven't gone over 10gb between 2 phones

To answer this: The true amount of data remains 20 GB + the 2 GB per line promo. Your actual bill will state the correct amount and the Sprint website for some reason still shows 40 GB for some people (myself included)

Edit: just did Sprint chat and called in:

Megan: Thank you for your patience, I'll have the information shortly. Megan: From what I see, there is no set end date unless a plan change is done.
  • Like 1

Wow I really Hope they are right and the promo doesn't expire!

Are you sure that there's just 2gb per line? Anyone can confirm? I've never gotten close to going over 26gb anyway so it's not a big deal...

If only 2gb/line you'd think they'd fix the graph by now ( one year later )

To answer this: The true amount of data remains 20 GB + the 2 GB per line promo. Your actual bill will state the correct amount and the Sprint website for some reason still shows 40 GB for some people (myself included)

Edit: just did Sprint chat and called in:

Megan: [/size]Thank you for your patience, I'll have the information shortly.[/size]

Megan: [/size]From what I see, there is no set end date unless a plan change is done.[/size]

Wow I really Hope they are right and the promo doesn't expire!

Are you sure that there's just 2gb per line? Anyone can confirm? I've never gotten close to going over 26gb anyway so it's not a big deal...

If only 2gb/line you'd think they'd fix the graph by now ( one year later )

I am 100% certain this is just an error on the Sprint website. Both my bill and the "my sprint->account" call it 2GB per line promo. I've also asked both chat and phone reps and they confirmed it is a display bug on the website and the correct amount is stated on the bills.

• Like 1

I am 100% certain this is just an error on the Sprint website. Both my bill and the "my sprint->account" call it 2GB per line promo. I've also asked both chat and phone reps and they confirmed it is a display bug on the website and the correct amount is stated on the bills.

They call it the 20gb +2 in the plan descripton but if you look at your usuage on the bill it will be xx/40gb

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

• Like 3

It doesn't look like that watch has any sort of cellular capability.

I was being sarcastic. Where have I heard this Spark name before??

Wonder if Sprint will have an issue with it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Any idea how I could get that 20GB Promo added to my existing 20GB? 

Sprint Listened to DIRECTV Customers: Adding More High-Speed Data Options to Free Service Offer

It's great to see Sprint responding to what customers want so quickly. Customers who already signed up for the offer are eligible for these additional data options as well, and can call Customer Care to request them.

• Like 7

Sprint Listened to DIRECTV Customers: Adding More High-Speed Data Options to Free Service Offer

It's great to see Sprint responding to what customers want so quickly. Customers who already signed up for the offer are eligible for these additional data options as well, and can call Customer Care to request them.

I'm not saying this is the case, but a 2nd follow up press release is a savvy way to give a 2nd wave of coverage to this offer.

• Like 8

I'm not saying this is the case, but a 2nd follow up press release is a savvy way to give a 2nd wave of coverage to this offer.

Very true. Good point there.

There's an additional kicker here:

After 12 months of free Sprint service, customers on this plan are automatically billed the monthly rate-per-line plan for unlimited talk, text and 2 GB data as follows plus any additional data purchased (or may choose to switch to any of Sprint’s current service plans)

This underlined part appears new. I don't recall that being part of the original offer.

good to see the addition, still not a great plan after the first year... considering this is a "$50 credit per line"  for one year, and currently unlimited data talk and text is $60 although after one free or discounted year you could switch to the $60 unlimited plan (provided it still exists)  still happy to see them expand this offer, i know several people on direct tv, but didnt bother telling them about this deal because i know they use 4-5 gb per line.

Very true. Good point there.

There's an additional kicker here:

This underlined part appears new. I don't recall that being part of the original offer.

I believe it was part of the original offer, but as someone else pointed out, they have an option to add additional data to the free service because:  a.) that will allow more customers flexibility and alleviate any worry about joining 'free' and getting overages. b.) it will allow sprint more potential to make something from free subs. 

• Like 1

I'm sure the experts in the trolling field will come, unsolicited, for free damage and thought control. They also put out free kool-aid. So generous.

• Like 5

I'm sure the experts in the trolling field will come, unsolicited, for free damage and thought control. They also put out free kool-aid. So generous.

And I'm for Sprint deploying LAA as another weapon in their small cell deployment. Sprint hired a technical CTO with background in the 3GPP and DT, but that isn't enough for some. Guess who?

• Like 5